• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkls

I honestly think the Eblade nerf was almost as big a reason for Tinker's disappearance.

What about the extra juke paths that used to be tinker hiding spots when he had blink dagger? I always feel that was also a nerf that went under the radar.

He still isn't. In fact I'm playing him right now.
the dude is nonexistent in the pro scene at its widest and most varied in hero picks ever

picked 7 times this patch and its all obscure chinese tournaments

his pub winrate is trash and no one picks him anymore

i just peeked at your dotabuff and you hadnt played him in 3 months

hes dead jim

Hylian7

the dude is nonexistent in the pro scene at its widest and most varied in hero picks ever

picked 7 times this patch and its all obscure chinese tournaments

his pub winrate is trash and no one picks him anymore

i just peeked at your dotabuff and you hadnt played him in 3 months

hes dead jim

R3A1mMk.png

I took a bit of a break from the hero.

There are plenty of heroes that are good heroes that aren't picked in pro games/don't have a high winrate there.

Earth Spirit had a shitty pub winrate in 6.79
well i pulled from all the sources i could think of

pub pro and your anecdotal

any individual one can be dismissed easily but when added up together...

i dont know where else to go to convince you the hero got nerfed into the ground

Hylian7

well i pulled from all the sources i could think of

pub pro and your anecdotal

any individual one can be dismissed easily but when added up together...

i dont know where else to go to convince you the hero got nerfed into the ground

Did he get nerfed? Absolutely. Is he "nerfed to be literally unplayable"? No.

Sure, this nerf prevents him from getting picked in pro games. Makes sense, I see why. To make him work the pros would have to figure out how to make him work in the current meta now since so much changed about the hero.

Yeah, but the way you are saying it is like he is a bad hero now or something.

A similar example of this "never gets picked in pro games but is still a good hero" is Necrophos.
who is one of the top 20 heroes picked in pubs, has an excellent winrate of 57 percent

also plenty here will vouch for him not sucking

tinker doesnt have either

he is bad now

Aselith

Nobody thinks about their builds, man. I got into a game where my team was me on Jugg, Slark, Sven, Tusk and Kunkka so all melee vs AM, pudge, Faceless, WD and TECHIES. So obviously we start off bad so I decide everyone else is probably gonna go carry and we need to clear these mines so I got a necrobook to clear mines and they act like I'm a huge idiot at the end for getting an item we desperately needed I can only assume cause it wasn't the shit in their dota guidebook. For serious, they said we lost because I got it rofl

Sianos

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1129374636

WE DID IT BOYS

all that manta split pushing and de-mining with illusions for thirty minutes was worth it in the end

also shaker got ONE echo slam on me, can't handle the illusion micro and dopplewalk aw ye

i'm so happy and ready to sleep for years that was a DARK midgame but the light PREVAILED

How does matchmaking in normal mode work? Is it totally random or based on some kind of calculated skill level?

Sometimes I'm on a losing streak and ask myself if it has to do with matchmaking.

How does matchmaking in normal mode work? Is it totally random or based on some kind of calculated skill level?

Sometimes I'm on a losing streak and ask myself if it has to do with matchmaking.

It uses a hidden mmr. Everyone has losing streaks every now and then and I learned to call it a night after two losses in a row.

Vaporak

Supposedly it works exactly the same as in Ranked, you just don't get to see any of the math.

If you have Dotabuff it'll record what matchmaking bracket the match was in, but it's not necessarily a good indicator of overall skill within the game because there's a huge amount of variance.

Nymerio

Nobody thinks about their builds, man. I got into a game where my team was me on Jugg, Slark, Sven, Tusk and Kunkka so all melee vs AM, pudge, Faceless, WD and TECHIES. So obviously we start off bad so I decide everyone else is probably gonna go carry and we need to clear these mines so I got a necrobook to clear mines and they act like I'm a huge idiot at the end for getting an item we desperately needed I can only assume cause it wasn't the shit in their dota guidebook. For serious, they said we lost because I got it rofl

Happens to me a lot as well. God forbid you suggest someone in a team of right clickers buy a diffusal against an aghs omni.

kasane

Tried dsr on dota and i thought there was input lag

Maybe it was because i was downloading games and my ping was around 150

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom