• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1129374636

WE DID IT BOYS

all that manta split pushing and de-mining with illusions for thirty minutes was worth it in the end

also shaker got ONE echo slam on me, can't handle the illusion micro and dopplewalk aw ye

i'm so happy and ready to sleep for years that was a DARK midgame but the light PREVAILED

No BKBs or MKBs. If you or Sniper had either of those items you would have won in half the time. Pugna was the only one who seems to have done well. The new PL is amazing for fighting in the mid-game, and it seems like you went old-style PL farm and split push which isn't very good anymore.

Madouu

I don't know what kind of dota godz has been watching in recent times if he never saw a move like that. Still a great play though obviously
highfive.gif

kvk1

I hope this isn't another Excalibur like deal.

Super talented pub star who takes the scene by storm for a while, but is used and discarded because he doesn't have extensive experience playing in a team setting at the top level, and is ultimately too young where his life situation makes it too volatile for him to be a stable pro.

SamVimes

I hope this isn't another Excalibur like deal.

Super talented pub star who takes the scene by storm for a while, but is used and discarded because he doesn't have extensive experience playing in a team setting at the top level, and is ultimately too young where his life situation makes it too volatile for him to be a stable pro.

Even Excalibur did 10 times better than someone like MSS.

RTZ leaving EG makes no sense, unless some other team gave him an insane offer. EG seems to be in the best position to let him win championships

Whatever is happening, dis gun b good

This whole shuffle is so fucking unprofessional.

Just announce the goddamn changes instead of teasing it for days now. Let the players talk about it or just have them shut up.

Acinixys

Just announce the goddamn changes instead of teasing it for days now. Let the players talk about it or just have them shut up.

Im sure their contracts forbid it until the organization makes the first move

But them hinting and being coy about it is really dumb

Raytow

Eh the same happens in professional sports, but with more rumor mongering and wishful thinking.

Razzer

http://thealliance.gg/loda-reflects-on-2014-and-the-new-year-ahead/

Nice message from Loda. GR won't like this line:
We will never be the same Alliance as we were before, but we are still Alliance.

However, it's good that he's taking a methodical approach to this. Additionally, the implication seems to be that they still don't have a roster other than him and Akke, so you can likely count Alliance out of the shuffle talk.

Also, he still refers to Bulldog as being on a break, so I don't think he'll be joining any teams.

Zoon

So I was thinking in which teams rtz could play.Most people say secret/c9 so here are my thoughts:
C9 would have to either kick fata or bone7, I am betting on bone7 since I remember seeing fata playing offlane.
Secret is in need of an offlane player and I highly doubt any of the existing players will change roles.
I think that he will end up playing for Alliance/Tinker.
EE isn't gonna let him play elsewhere, right?

Nymerio

Alliance, EG and Tinker are all the same organization, right? Could it be that they're just shuffling players around within the three teams? RTZ leaving EG seems really weird to me unless he's staying with the organization.

Anno

Man I think FATA mid is such an important part of C9. He doesn't play the most heroes but basically everything he does controls the entire pace of the game. With C9 being all about that split push/farm style I think he's about as good a mid as they could want. I'm sure he could do the same from offlane though, just maybe not quite as effectively.

Alliance, EG and Tinker are all the same organization, right? Could it be that they're just shuffling players around within the three teams? RTZ leaving EG seems really weird to me unless he's staying with the organization.
I don't think that's the case right now with this, but I'd also hate it to be true at any point. It would raise a lot of ethics questions and be like the old yankees minors shit.

JambiBum

Someone just asked Bulldog on his stream if he would hypothetically like to play with EE again someday and Bulldog said of course and that it won't be hypothetical soon. Could be Bulldog trolling though. Who knows.

manfestival

Man I think FATA mid is such an important part of C9. He doesn't play the most heroes but basically everything he does controls the entire pace of the game. With C9 being all about that split push/farm style I think he's about as good a mid as they could want. I'm sure he could do the same from offlane though, just maybe not quite as effectively.

Yeah FATA is probably one of the better players for their team synergy. He really keeps them in most of the games that I have watched.

Someone just asked Bulldog on his stream if he would hypothetically like to play with EE again someday and Bulldog said of course and that it won't be hypothetical soon. Could be Bulldog trolling though. Who knows.

Probabily an All star match... I wouldnt read into anything Bulldonger says

Wok

You could do worse.

I think Sniper might be the worst hero to play as a support out of them all, especially now shrapnel doesn't even hit buildings anymore. That's counting 4 position junglers as supports though.

Wat. Sniper is a better support now. 3 shrapnels is an incredible ganking tool.

Incredible? I disagree. Find me a worse support hero. I would say Lone Druid but at least he jungles (though it's mediocre).

AM. And yeah, incredible is an exaggeration. But the point is, shrapnel is for heroes now, not towers. Even aside from ganking, imagine dropping 3 level 4 shrapnels in a fight. Upheavel that does damage and isn't channeled.

Just to come back on this, Shrapnel is also for stacking jungle camps, or having vision on them and farming even faster once you have Mjollnir.

Yes. Universe is very much a "roll eyes at you but still laugh" dude and Fear is a "idgaf" old man.

I WONDER WHO SUCKS

Watch a PPD stream? I wouldn't be surprised if lil Arty is a pain in the ass either. And I like both so his isn't a bash.

The saddest thing about the EG break up is fear. Sucks that he finally had a good team and won't be able to keep it together until TI5.

I think people are not talking about NaVi much in this. Here is a THE powerhouse team of many years who attracted good sponsors and now is relegated to T2 on a good day. They will probably be very active in this reshuffle about to take place.

manfestival

Can someone explain this SantaHat meme? I see it but I guess I wasnt here when it came to birth

୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ NOW WE RIOT ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨

Raytow

How much would I get from an Heroic Foreteller's Drape from TKO american finals, EG Mason scoring a fb against TC from Liquid and a Heroic Capelet of the Wild Wind injuly LGD scoring a tripe kill against Newbee(dunno what tournament, it was from september 2014)?

Sianos

No BKBs or MKBs. If you or Sniper had either of those items you would have won in half the time. Pugna was the only one who seems to have done well. The new PL is amazing for fighting in the mid-game, and it seems like you went old-style PL farm and split push which isn't very good anymore.
That is very true, not sure why I didn't go for a BKB with all that magic damage. 4 am dota ahoy!

That was definitely a fearful game, Techies was on top of things so I ended up being too paranoid to chase kills or farm with the real Lancer without heavy scouting first.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I have a feeling every western Dota team is going to be terrible after this shake up.

manfestival

I have a feeling every western Dota team is going to be terrible after this shake up.

You would be wrong. Especially since Not Today exists. VIVA PERU

୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ NOW WE RIOT ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom