• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP17

I played my first dota 2 game with human players today and got 15 kills with 0 deaths so I'm probably gonna get picked up by one of the teams tbf

shira

eg
sumail, ppd, fear, universe, aui

secret
rtz, zai, fly, notail, hanni

c9
puppey, kuroky, pieliedie, bone7, ee

How much would I get from an Heroic Foreteller's Drape from TKO american finals, EG Mason scoring a fb against TC from Liquid and a Heroic Capelet of the Wild Wind injuly LGD scoring a tripe kill against Newbee(dunno what tournament, it was from september 2014)?

People usually want weapons as heroics, so unless you know a serious mason or injuly fanboy probably nothing.

Zoon

I played my first dota 2 game with human players today and got 15 kills with 0 deaths so I'm probably gonna get picked up by one of the teams tbf

youarealreadydead.jpg
The system now thinks you are smurfing and you will get matched with professional players

M.D

eg
sumail, ppd, fear, universe, aui

secret
rtz, zai, fly, notail, hanni

c9
puppey, kuroky, pieliedie, bone7, ee

People usually want weapons as heroics, so unless you know a serious mason or injuly fanboy probably nothing.

wut

S4 and Fata dead

VS48vYV.jpg

nilbog21

Banned
i don't think rtz was having fun playing with EG and it really took a toll on his motivation/amibition/skill. I think everyone on EG is pretty serious and not really the most outgoing/fun personalities so i think him leaving EG is the best thing to do for someone like him.

i don't think rtz was having fun playing with EG and it really took a toll on his motivation/amibition/skill. I think everyone on EG is pretty serious and not really the most outgoing/fun personalities so i think him leaving EG is the best thing to do for someone like him.

I disagree. Walking away from a stable situation with consistent players who produce consistent results always feels like a mistake to me in the world of gaming where turnover is high and consistency is fleeting.

They had enough consistent talent to be around for years making really good money together. The next team he moves to might be a functional downgrade. And in fact, being anywhere but on what would be considered the best team in the West would be a downgrade in earning power for him.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I disagree. Walking away from a stable situation with consistent players who produce consistent results always feels like a mistake to me in the world of gaming where turnover is high and consistency is fleeting.

They had enough consistent talent to be around for years making really good money together. The next team he moves to might be a functional downgrade. And in fact, being anywhere but on what would be considered the best team in the West would be a downgrade in earning power for him.
I don't think the players got along with each other, which seems like a fair enough reason to split up. You can only go so far with half the team hating each other.

It uses a hidden mmr. Everyone has losing streaks every now and then and I learned to call it a night after two losses in a row.

Supposedly it works exactly the same as in Ranked, you just don't get to see any of the math.

If you have Dotabuff it'll record what matchmaking bracket the match was in, but it's not necessarily a good indicator of overall skill within the game because there's a huge amount of variance.

Thanks guys. Maybe I should start playing ranked. I've played 600 games now, with about 300 wins. Does everyone use voice chat in ranked?

Chris R

Hes pretty fun to watch

That Storm Spirit TP start while in ball lighting to get a kill and TP instantly after was pretty legit

Problem is, for every kill like that he makes he dives too deep for another. He will be good one day, just hope his performance this upcoming year doesn't turn teams off him in the future.

edit: I claimed he'll win TI by 7 so I hope he doesn't let me down! http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=144486907&postcount=7095

And pure support games against Techies suck, because I'm constantly poor :( Finally got my Aghs on WD though and my constant bitching that viper needed a manta to push up into their base got us the win. Just took an hour like most techies games when your team keeps running into the mines you ping out and deward.

I agree with this 100%

I agree with this 100%

I think the issue with that is that in a field like this that's strongly dependent on interpersonal relationships, if you're not enjoying yourself not only are you hindering your ability to play to your best, but subsequently your financial position as well. Additionally, it seems very unlikely that someone like Zai or RTZ will end up with a team that isn't T1. They're two of the best players in the world and have the pick of the lot when it comes to contracts and teammates.
Mute button is the greatest feature of Dota2.

truth facts.

Wok

I have just had one of my shortest game of Dota 2: a defeat, in about 22 minutes, with no abandon or afk.

So I had a look at all my previous shortest matches (a handful in fact) to try to find a trend. I think the team which manages to beat me in 20-22 min looks somewhat like this (a lot of ranged heroes, one melee):
  • Pudge / Slark / Spirit Breaker: ganking
  • Vengeful Spirit: strong push, and stun
  • Necrophos / Silencer: can destroy the lane
  • Crystal Maiden / Rubick: stun for early kills
  • Drow Ranger / Nature Prophet / Shadow Shaman / Sniper: strong push and hero damage
The trend was also that the defeated team chose 3-4 fragile carry heroes and 1-2 supports with no stun.

I think the issue with that is that in a field like this that's strongly dependent on interpersonal relationships, if you're not enjoying yourself not only are you hindering your ability to play to your best, but subsequently your financial position as well. Additionally, it seems very unlikely that someone like Zai or RTZ will end up with a team that isn't T1. They're two of the best players in the world and have the pick of the lot when it comes to contracts and teammates.

truth facts.

That's where team managers come in and earn their money. More than just organising schedules, its to mediate between the parties to ensure that conflict doesnt get in the way of performance.

But if people were set on leaving, you cant change that. Strange theyd rather lose the 2 than do their best to appease them (of course Im sure they did their best just speculation based on nothing but conjecture).

That's where team managers come in and earn their money. More than just organising schedules, its to mediate between the parties to ensure that conflict doesnt get in the way of performance.

But if people were set on leaving, you cant change that. Strange theyd rather lose the 2 than do their best to appease them (of course Im sure they did their best just speculation based on nothing but conjecture).

I think it's likely that organization like EG have a level of unspoken seniority bias. Someone like Fear gets preferential treatment even though he isn't more valuable as a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom