• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

So on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the highest. How screwed is my laptop if I can't boot past the windows logo and booting in safemode freezes at loading one of the driver?

3 or 4 (if you can get to and uninstall the bad driver, otherwise 10)

These loading screens for DAC2015 are sweet.

B6JJ7-oCYAAaVOs.png:large

he was like this is my last clown stream from now on im listening to japanese anime piano music and training hard

im just tired and reading into dumb things most likely

I heard it, and thought the same, he's been dropping hints throughout the stream (others have touched on it here)

Earlier on today, he said something like "sometimes, you have to look back, at where you've come from..." or some such shit

BELIEVE!

G.ZZZ

I heard it, and thought the same, he's been dropping hints throughout the stream (others have touched on it here)

Earlier on today, he said something like "sometimes, you have to look back, at where you've come from..." or some such shit

BELIEVE!

QPAD.RTZ PogChamp

Chris R

I mean when it starts listing drivers in safemode it freezes at loading one of them, cant get in the pc either from there.

Might be a bad GPU then :( My system did the same thing but lucky for me I just had to pop the card out and use the integrated GPU until my RMA processed.

Vaporak

I mean when it starts listing drivers in safemode it freezes at loading one of them, cant get in the pc either from there.

Not too much of a problem, very likely you'll be able to boot into a repair mode and fix it. Occasionally some part of the OS can get corrupted on the Harddrive and needs to be reinstalled, no biggie.

Chris R

Not too much of a problem, very likely you'll be able to boot into a repair mode and fix it. Occasionally some part of the OS can get corrupted on the Harddrive and needs to be reinstalled, no biggie.

Eh, I had the same issue when my GPU died. I thought it was a corrupt driver at the time but somethign on the GPU actually went and died.

Next time it dies I'm just buying a 970 to replace it.

xanavi

there are heroes not even I will pick Drow into. The last time I did Drow vs Huskar it was strictly to test whether gust would cancel Huskar's ult mid-jump.

It did not. >___>

As tinker I once lasered a huskar who then jumped on me and ate my face. That magic immunity gets us all once.

For research reasons. What do you think are the most painful heroes to face as drow?
hmmm. heroes I *hate* to face in order of hate:

Phantom Assassin. Sticks to you waaaaay too much. She'll leap to you before you can activate bkb and pop hers so you can push her away. PA wins the matchup 8-2, IMO. Becomes more even or in your favor if you have good initators on your team and can catch her off guard, but you need good support/crowd control to win these matches.

Slark. Purges off gust if you don't catch him off guard, stays invis fucking forever with bullshit ult, gap-closer.

Huskar. Leap is a big problem until you get BKB and anytime he can get it off before you BKB. Less of a problem if you have BKB and he does not. Huskar wins this 1v1 matchup 9-1 if he beats you to BKB. Goes in your favor if you both have BKB and he can't ult you in advance. You'll need help from good teammates with CC.

Riki for a lot of the same reasons as PA.

BH for the same reasons as Riki. Wins the matchup if he has a BKB to prevent gust from creating necessary space.

Ursa if he's smart enough to rush a Blink/Shadow Blade + Sheepstick. That's a 10-0 matchup for Ursa.

Rush-down illusion/spawnling heroes where AOE is necessary (that is, heroes that can inherently move faster than Drow to close the distance): PL, Brood.

Blink initiators. I know it doesn't need explaining, but yea. Against mass blink dagger, I'll either get a blink of my own or a Shadow Blade to play the game of chicken (jump in first and initiate on my teammates or wait for me to show my face). I like Shadow Blade the most of the 2 when I can get away with it because it affords me the opportunity to do some advanced scouting of key positions during pushes or solo roaming and ganking.

That said, the only ones I'm truly reluctant to pick Drow into are Slark and PA. The rest can be reasonably outplayed with skill/patience and well-placed silences. By the time Slark gets to late game, it becomes very difficult to catch him in gust (because there will also be other targets bunched up) and he's very hard to kill before he can ult and (a) walk away or (b) kill everyone under the cover of his bullshit ult. It really is bullshit. I enjoy playing him but that ult has to go. I imagine Slark would be on my shortlist of heroes that I feel like counter every carry in the fucking pool right now.

Tiny + Centaur are suffering. That combo is obnoxious to try to deal with on Drow.

As far as standard 2v2 combos for laning phase go, some of the worst possible for Drow are:

Tiny + Centaur
Veno + Jugg
Undying + Axe
Abaddon + Timbersaw
Shadow Demon + Slardar

Common thread between these comps is the ability to quickly gap-close (aphotic + timberchaining Timbersaw, Tiny toss into Centaur combo) or slow/cc you from long range so they can get to you easier (veno gale + jugg spin)

Eh, I had the same issue when my GPU died. I thought it was a corrupt driver at the time but somethign on the GPU actually went and died.

Next time it dies I'm just buying a 970 to replace it.

Yes but troubleshooting is about eliminating the potential issues in order of severity. Comp crashes? Try Safemode and reinstall drivers. Safemode won't load? Try repairing Windows. That didn't work? Try reinstalling Windows. That didn't work? Replace hardware that is likely causing problem.

Obviously advising someone to just give up and buy new hardware should be a last resort. In all likelihood it's just a corrupt driver--especially if the Windows installation is really old and has had several rounds of driver updates.

As far as standard 2v2 combos for laning phase go, some of the worst possible for Drow are:

Tiny + Centaur
Veno + Jugg
Undying + Axe
Abaddon + Timbersaw
Shadow Demon + Slardar

Common thread between these comps is the ability to quickly gap-close (aphotic + timberchaining Timbersaw, Tiny toss into Centaur combo) or slow/cc you from long range so they can get to you easier (veno gale + jugg spin)

To be fair, are there any heroes that like going up against any of those combos?

I have to fucking stop playing All Pick

Fucking Anti Mage last pickers

Oh no we didn't happen to draft four stuns and two silences

Anti Mage is not good in pubs so if you don't last pick him you're probably going to have a bad time. Also even if you don't have that many stuns and such you can still try and make his life hell early on.

Madouu

Believe me I want to. At this point I'd rather bring it to someplace to repair it, too scared of screwing it more if i try anything myself and since we are so close to new year no shops are open near me.

If you weren't living in the middle of nowhere I would've fixed it for you.

GOD FUCK I am so frustrated.

I just lost a game I clearly had the advantage (board control, HP control, everything) then all of a sudden Deathwing comes out, I never draw either of my Shadow Word: Deaths, or anything to deal with the Deathwing, so he wins just by hitting the face with it when I was at 25 HP. What a fucking joke.

what am i reading

is deathwing a new hero

I just lost a game I clearly had the advantage (board control, HP control, everything) then all of a sudden Deathwing comes out, I never draw either of my Shadow Word: Deaths, or anything to deal with the Deathwing, so he wins just by hitting the face with it when I was at 25 HP. What a fucking joke.

should've called for a gank on deathwing

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

When did Deathwing get ported to Dota???

To be fair, are there any heroes that like going up against any of those combos?

Bristleback? He's pretty durable in the offlane against a Slow+Right click setup. I remember stomping a lane that was Treant and PL because they kept underestimating how much damage Quills do.

Laser is Pure Damage though, really it's Missile and March that are useless against him.

March is Physical unless they changed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom