• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What is PB?

Okay, phase boots.

Uuuh, skip Aquila. Build Poor Man's only if you have to. Skip Mael. Go straight to Aghs or Shadowblade into Aghs. Once you have Aghs, start transitioning toward hard carry so stuff like S&Y, Butterfly, BKB, MKB.

The most annoying Juggernaut I've ever seen had Phase Boots, Drums, and S&Y. Holy shit talk about racecar.

What is PB?

Okay, phase boots.

Uuuh, skip Aquila. Build Poor Man's only if you have to. Skip Mael. Go straight to Aghs or Shadowblade into Aghs. Once you have Aghs, start transitioning toward hard carry so stuff like S&Y, Butterfly, BKB, MKB.

The most annoying Juggernaut I've ever seen had Phase Boots, Drums, and S&Y. Holy shit talk about racecar.

i find myself running out of mana lots, you just TP back alot thren?

Haly

Not really. MoM is for chasing and running with spin2win up. It also works well with his base attack damage and improved Blade Dance.

I guess theoretically you could hit the ASPD threshold necessary for free attacks during Omni but what kind of nerd would bother calculating that?

bone7's stream is pretty good. It's rarely got a ton of viewers, but he's been streaming pretty regularly lately, with tolerable to good music and pretty good commentary. Right now he's listening to Björk and playing off lane Riki.

NBtoaster

I lost a Juggernaut game I am very frustrated about.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1132287107

I stand by diffusal+deso being a good jugg item combo but maybe mkb would have been better. I didn't think it was necessary because omni can't miss and I had killed PA several times with it...but then she got aegis and I tried to hold the ult until it went down but couldn't even kill her under pudge ult then got instagibbed.

I understand my mistakes but the game leaves a bad taste in my mouth because it was so winnable.

sixghost

I lost a Juggernaut game I am very frustrated about.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1132287107

I stand by diffusal+deso being a good jugg item combo but maybe mkb would have been better. I didn't think it was necessary because omni can't miss and I had killed PA several times with it...but then she got aegis and I tried to hold the ult until it went down but couldn't even kill her under pudge ult then got instagibbed.

I understand my mistakes but the game leaves a bad taste in my mouth because it was so winnable.

I don't think your entire build should revolve around omni like that. If you get an unlucky jump in the fight you basically have nothing. Aghs is still awesome, but I think it's better to be more well rounded and build lots of attack speed and agi on jugg.

I don't think your entire build should revolve around omni like that. If you get an unlucky jump in the fight you basically have nothing. Aghs is still awesome, but I think it's better to be more well rounded and build lots of attack speed and agi on jugg.

What he said, revolving your game around an ulti with such a high CD(70s is still once a fight) is generally a bad idea, especially when the effectiveness of Jugg's ulti depends on luck if there's a lot of enemy units clumped up.

Jugg is much more than his ulti, and not getting MKB vs PA is almost always a bad idea. Also diffu is situational, never just go the same build over and over again no matter what, it does nothing vs those opponents, sure it still does mana break and you can purge but that's over half an MKB worth of gold right there

NBtoaster

What he said, revolving your game around an ulti with such a high CD(70s is still once a fight) is generally a bad idea, especially when the effectiveness of Jugg's ulti depends on luck if there's a lot of enemy units clumped up.

Jugg is much more than his ulti, and not getting MKB vs PA is almost always a bad idea. Also diffu is situational, never just go the same build over and over again no matter what, it does nothing vs those opponents, sure it still does mana break and you can purge but that's over half an MKB worth of gold right there

I agree, my right click has been pretty lacking. I'll probably stop defaulting to an aghs rush and get more stat items.

no mkb, no hex vs a 70% winrate PA

while my jugg winrate is an astonishing 29%

sixghost

I agree, my right click has been pretty lacking. I'll probably stop defaulting to an aghs rush and get more stat items.

while my jugg winrate is an astonishing 29%

I think rushing aghs is still really good. Getting level 2 omni with aghs at like 15 or 16 minutes changes the game, but after that you need something like maelstrom to farm your big right click items like butterfly. I'm no jugg master, but I think going aghs, maelstrom, yasha, mjollnir, butterfly in that order makes jugg really scary around the 40 minute mark.

My least favourite type of player after trolls/feeders:

Mid players who gank once or twice throughout the laning phase, have basically zero presence and farm, and then bitch at their sidelanes using those 2 ganks as their evidence for how their play is flawless.

shira

http://www.dota2.com/store/itemdetails/16209
dac_compendium_2015_large.3d01fa3afecbcfcbf8709e80d8e6b0efe7a59b17.png

DAC Compendium is out

FACE

Banned
I wanted a barb of skadi and got that ugly PA item instead :(

My least favourite type of player after trolls/feeders:

Mid players who gank once or twice throughout the laning phase, have basically zero presence and farm, and then bitch at their sidelanes using those 2 ganks as their evidence for how their play is flawless.

Mid players shouldn't always be the ones ganking, depends on the hero.

RS4-

Dunno if I want to even buy that.

And the damn market restrictions on the chests/items continue to suck for the troves.

I wanted a barb of skadi and got that ugly PA item instead :(

Mid players shouldn't always be the ones ganking, depends on the hero.

How about a razor with mek and half an aghs at 28 minutes who ganked twice and is flaming others for not winning lane? >.>

Big Dog

So after reading through these stretch goals and the info on that page, it appears there is a chest coming that we don't know about yet. Unless they are talking about the loading screens. But the third item they describe under the Compendium Rewards title says there is an Immortal Treasure with "special items". And an early stretch goal is a second Immortal Treasure.

I would also like to throw it out there that this tournament could raise something like 5 mil easy if plenty of people realize all the items you can get even if people don't give two shits about the western scene.

Edit: Ok wow I found the treasure that comes with it. Holy shit that is some nice stuff. Didn't realize it was attached to this event. Blessed Luckvessel

pompidu

I think rushing aghs is still really good. Getting level 2 omni with aghs at like 15 or 16 minutes changes the game, but after that you need something like maelstrom to farm your big right click items like butterfly. I'm no jugg master, but I think going aghs, maelstrom, yasha, mjollnir, butterfly in that order makes jugg really scary around the 40 minute mark.

Phase > Drums > Aghs > Refresher (If your far ahead) > Butterfly. You should have 20 kills or more before 40 mins.

BHK3

Banned
Immortal are shit since no real effects except for maybe axe :/ Hopefully the emoticons will be good and not looked phoned in like every non TI emoticon.

Satch

Banned
my god dota is so trash

remember when it was a good game? me neither

its been so long that i forgot the good ol days

Haly

Why do you have short hair Asami in your avatar, Satch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom