• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bounchfx

I like that everyone just got done complaining that there were too many tournaments happening and now this big one comes along.

give me some hats

i will wear them

W1SSY

Don't see the issue with blademail unless the animation is different. If you build the item you will know it's blademail and for the skill level that looks at the enemy inventory they will know what it is. The only skill cap that could get messed up would be low level MMR and I doubt they look at enemy inventories much.

Now if the animation is different ignore all of what I said.

Don't see the issue with blademail unless the animation is different. If you build the item you will know it's blademail and for the skill level that looks at the enemy inventory they will know what it is. The only skill cap that could get messed up would be low level MMR and I doubt they look at enemy inventories much.

I don't hover over all the items the enemy has though, I just look at them. This one forces me to spend more time looking and then hover over it to find out what it is, which might not be game losing or anything but still annoying and completely unnecessary. If the item looked extremely like Blademail with a subtle difference it would have been okay.

Hylian7

So I'm curious about something, and I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. I was playing Morphling yesterday, and I waveformed down the cliff and took a DD rune, however the character said "Double Damage" and it said "Morphling activated a Double Damage rune", but I didn't have the DD buff nor was I hitting harder at all.

Is this because you are technically unable to get this buff while in waveform, and I somehow collected it in waveform mode?

Hylian7

valve know dota is dying so they are milking it with ott cosmetics while they can

I'm starting to be unable to understand where comments like this are coming from. It seems to me like Dota is still alive and well. Most of them seem like sarcasm or hyperbole, while I feel like a good percentage of them are serious though.

shira

yFMBHBQ.jpg

Jeyo gets invite over EE?

eg.aui2000
sick.gif

LOLZ he was just striming.

Notail :(

The thing is most Dota players are in the low level MMR.

You're basically confusing 80% of players then.

Madouu

I'm going to be in the minority on this but I definitely vastly prefer EG's lineup to secret's in terms of coherence.

W1SSY

Secret is going to be the only tier 1 Western team. Good job messing up the scene I guess
I would argue that EG is still fine depending on how the roster meshes. Sumail is supposed to be the next rtz and aui plays a greedy support like Zai.

manfestival

what sort of hats are going to be in this? I see the compendium gives red names. My temptation to buy this in hopes of lots of loot is high. Can someone please tell me that this is gonna be close to TI4 in terms of loot? PLEAAASEEEE

the captains draft had some nice items that came with it too :D

KingKong

I'm going to be in the minority on this but I definitely vastly prefer EG's lineup to secret's in terms of coherence.

Aui is awesome but theyre replacing one of the best mids in the world with a guy that hasnt even played any other top teams so I guess they should hope hes a quick learner

Madouu

Apparently RTZ confirmed it on his stream. I wonder what the new C9 roster is going to be, Aui is a large hole to fill. Also sad to see Notail kicked from secret, wonder if he's going to replace Aui on C9.

If I had to guess, it would be misery for C9.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
March Taewon Park
QO Sunyeob Kim
Forev Sangdon Lee
Heen Seunggon Lee
Reisen Junyeong Lee

Hao Zhihao Chen
Mu Pan Zhang
Banana Jiao Wang
Sansheng Zhaohui Wang
Rabbit Zhang Wang
You gotta laugh.

Anyway I love how underrated Puppey was when he was in Navi (to most fans)

Always felt he was the glue that kept NaVi winning, and my inspiration as a support. Probably my favorite Dota 2 player ever.

W1SSY

I feel the same. Honestly I feel secret needs to play kky support, s4 mid, rtz carry, and Zai offlane if he can. I just don't know how well they will work as a team and only time will tell.

kasane

lol kky kept saying that carry is his true nature and now rtz to secret

ok.gif

and that aui to eg doesnt make a lick of sense. ( to me at least )

Zai apparently has been playing offlane on his stream, so that's maybe it. I can see it, he's a playmaker that doesn't need much to do well.

S4 is still one of the best mids in the world and RTZ exclusively plays carry, I'm guessing they weren't happy with Kuro's carry play(which is understandable).

Madouu

I feel the same. Honestly I feel secret needs to play kky support, s4 mid, rtz carry, and Zai offlane if he can. I just don't know how well they will work as a team and only time will tell.

I agree with this and I think this might be the mostly likely scenario considering what we heard about zai wanting to play as a core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom