• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHK3

Banned
Happy new year and stuff.

What's everyone's Dota resolutions?

Top 2 bracket/league/skill group when that eventually hits dota 2. I calibrated at 4K last year at this exact time and have since gone up to 4.6k without ever really giving a shit, I want to finally rank and care about it.

Chris R

7 card draw? Just play holdem like everyone else.

3 more hours till new years here. Just found out I don't get wired internet for another week, stupid Netflix and bandwidth caps

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
7 card draw? Just play holdem like everyone else.

3 more hours till new years here. Just found out I don't get wired internet for another week, stupid Netflix and bandwidth caps
Some guys were sick of it, and I forget the rules of most games, so I wanted something simple and fast.

Low Tier
My new years resolution is to finally become invested in this game again but thats probably gonna have to wait til dota becomes not boring anymore.

shira

My new years resolution is to finally become invested in this game again but thats probably gonna have to wait til dota becomes not boring anymore.

EG.109
smile.gif

ksan

Great for them.
But gonna be hard to see them lose, especially with that banner, as NiP has had two of the top three teams in esports history ever.

Madouu

Great for them.
But gonna be hard to see them lose, especially with that banner, as NiP has had two of the top three teams in esports history ever.

Yeah it really is good to see the NiP name in dota 2. It's a smart move in my opinion, lajons fit the organization culture, they're a bunch of talented players that played quite a bit together and have shown they can beat the best, and the expectations aren't that high so any good results will be considered a success story. I don't see any other better option in the present and/or near future for NiP to enter the dota 2 scene.

This definitely won't be a repeat of the legendary fisker/heaton/ahl/potti/spawn team but I have faith in them achieving some good results here and there. (and then who knows what might happen at TI).

EU qualifier will be tough if most teams are participating.

steve I bought the hexcells complete pack because of your evangelization efforts

if the games aren't amazing I will never forgive you

never. forgive. you.

Madouu

Learn slark, jugg or meepo, practice them hard and then just pick abuse them. It's not exactly hard to climb the mmr ladder like this.

I really dont like playing those heroes. I like playing jakiro, tidehunter, lifestealer, and omniknight

Omni is perfect for farming mmr, Jakiro and Tide are also fine if you're decent at them(doesn't take a genius to liquid fire towers and press R respectively though).

Honestly spamming a hero you're good at is always a good way to gain mmr, just don't expect to stay in your new higher mmr when not picking that hero, spamming only a few heroes means you don't learn as much as you could.

Madouu

Omni wins games, good tides to a lesser degree. Both are pretty good for solo mmr. Jakiro can be a monster but to carry in pubs he often needs to be played as ratkiro which I don't see people do often. naix = hard.

Except probably for omni, you'll still climb at a much lower pace (if you are good enough) than with the heroes I mentioned previously.

Somebody give me a good Jugg build.

At the moment im going

BoS > PMS > RoA > PB > Mael > Aghs >Mjol

I get ocasionally get drums if i feel im behind, this good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom