• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
when your support refuses to buy wards even though they have a nyx who has gotten jungle ganks off against us freely through the entire game

i love dota. it's a lot of fun :)

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
when your support refuses to buy wards even though they have a nyx who has gotten jungle ganks off against us freely through the entire game

dickhead support won't buy wards and has made that very clear over ~30 minute game

carry: well i'm damn sure not buying any, i'd rather die

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
dickhead support won't buy wards and has made that very clear over ~30 minute game

carry: well i'm damn sure not buying any, i'd rather die

i had to give up trying to get any of my items (death prophet) because i was just buying wards for the second half of the game.

i think i died about 5 or 6 times while i was in the act of actually placing wards. just in time for the carry to come in and snag the kill on nyx once i was dead. worked out really well for him!

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
i had to give up trying to get any of my items (death prophet) because i was just buying wards for the second half of the game.

i think i died about 5 or 6 times while i was in the act of actually placing wards. just in time for the carry to come in and snag the kill on nyx once i was dead. worked out really well for him!

Buy wards, drop from stash and ping them. Tell support if you can't be bothered buying them then just place them.

I do this all the time when playing core. 150 gold is jack shit to a core in a pub game. Your inventory slot and your time it would take to place them is what you don't want to waste.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Buy wards, drop from stash and ping them. Tell support if you can't be bothered buying them then just place them.

I do this all the time when playing core. 150 gold is jack shit to a core in a pub game. Your inventory slot and your time it would take to place them is what you don't want to waste.

i have a very strong feeling that would have resulted in nothing more than many stacks of wards in the fountain

and 150 gold is nothing to a core in a game as long as you're not being ganked by nyx every 30 s econds

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
i have a very strong feeling that would have resulted in nothing more than many stacks of wards in the fountain

and 150 gold is nothing to a core in a game as long as you're not being ganked by nyx every 30 s econds

OK, keep doing what you're doing, it's working out clearly.

manfestival

you should buy the wards then YOURSELF

.... noob
Emoticon_horse.gif

The best bit is when they mock you and your items and for feeding(1-6), when you were supporting them the entire game... fuckers need to go and play COD if they care about k/d

Randdalf

Actually, the rumored line ups is Singsing, Bulba, Ar1se, Waytosexy, and Qojqva. Decent lineup, nothing spectacular IMO, but maybe with some #Hardwork #Dedication, they could shape up to be a solid team.

Hmm, I've always thought of wayto as a mediocre support player, otherwise that lineup looks alright #JimmyToTinker

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-drudge-report1.gif
super important announcement alert!!!

if there's anybody still relatively new to dota who wants to play with other GAFfers who are relatively new to dota (or if you're not new to dota but not amazing at dota), let me know by sending me a pm and we can play some games together and try and learn/practice the ropes.

Kade

This year's colour is GOLD.

http://blog.dota2.com/2015/01/preparing-for-the-international/

We wanted to share some information about The International so that you’re able to start making room in your schedules. This year the Main Event in Seattle will include 16 teams and will run for 6 full days, from Monday August 3rd through Saturday August 8th. Ticket availability will be announced on this blog prior to going on sale. Team invitations will occur shortly after May 1st.

Chris R

Thank fuck for the early date announcements. Makes setting up vacation dates at work so much easier.

My floor seat buddies, where you at!!!

edit: Even an all Chinese final wouldn't be zzz inducing with the current patch/meta :D

Zeknurn

Thank fuck for the early date announcements. Makes setting up vacation dates at work so much easier.

I concur. I missed the whole main event except for the grand final last year because I had already planned and bought tickets for a trip long before they announced it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
6 Day Event, during the Week? Geez, I might as well not even bother with a ticket, no way in hell I could get a week off work 3 months after finishing School. Oh well, there is always TI6.

bounchfx

six days, holy crap.

well, I'll be here Lol. Definitely going. I wonder if it's at Key Arena again, or...? They didn't specify. HMMM

Chris R

I like that it's Mon-Sat. Should be nice and easy to find some cheap flights, and if it's at Key Arena I'll probably stay at the same hotel again, it was pretty nice and a short walk to EVERYTHING.

bbd23

Also any canadians here want to offer some travel tips?

i've never had a solo flight, usually my parents take care of everything but i really want to go this year.

hows the whole process in terms of booking flight/hotels etc

Chris R

Also any canadians here want to offer some travel tips?

i've never had a solo flight, usually my parents take care of everything but i really want to go this year.

hows the whole process in terms of booking flight/hotels etc

https://www.google.com/flights/

Get a passport. Flights are best booked less than 6 months out I believe. Hotels need to be booked somewhat closer to the actual event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom