• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Also any canadians here want to offer some travel tips?

i've never had a solo flight, usually my parents take care of everything but i really want to go this year.

hows the whole process in terms of booking flight/hotels etc

Whoa there cowboy, slow down. You don't even have a ticket yet baka.
You must first master the ticketmaster captcha

c.jpg
Ticketmaster-CAPTCHA-300x147.png
gJbea4A.jpg

Hylian7

God dammit why do I have to not have a job as soon as TI5 gets revealed....Hopefully I have one by the time tickets go on sale.

Chris R

Valve should just sell the tickets in game. Zero middle man, zero issues with captcha.

Just have the credit card of your choice tied to the account or enough funds in it to purchase it when they go live

assuming volvo's servers don't shit the bed the second the tickets go live

shira

Valve should just sell the tickets in game. Zero middle man, zero issues with captcha.

Just have the credit card of your choice tied to the account or enough funds in it to purchase it when they go live

assuming volvo's servers don't shit the bed the second the tickets go live

They tried that

i'd love to go with 3-4 of my friends.. is this even remotely possible?

Sure, all you need is $ for tickets and hotel and travel

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It worked fine with TI2, TI3 was the one that had a bunch of issues with buying in game.

I guess if GA is $100 again, I'll buy one and try to see the last few days.

shira

Oh :( And it didn't work well?

Maybe they could try again, but really put in some effort this time! Some extra servers or something.

Or maybe it was TI3. Yeah TI2 was the one nobody went to and they needed pax fans to fill the floor.

Yeah TI3 they sold them through steam and they did it in waves - like 200 tickets every hours. So you would click yes and put in your info, but if you hadn't done it fast enough the ticket would be gone.

So you had people filling in the shit for hours and hours as the sytem kept breaking down

It worked fine with TI2, TI3 was the one that had a bunch of issues with buying in game.

I guess if GA is $100 again, I'll buy one and try to see the last few days.

idk man, it was dicey as fuck

Chris R

There are so many good fucking restaurants in Seattle. Why would you settle with carnival food?

Again, it was just outside the arena. Just enough time to grab some food and make it back to your seat before the next match actually started for lunch or whatever.

edit: Can't forget the beer gardens too.

Really tempted to try to go to TI, going to be on holiday in Canada at start of July though, wonder if I could just try for an entire month off work

Chris R

Millers Guild – Niman Ranch Beef Brisket with Washington blueberry corn mojo
Spice Route – Coconut chicken served with cumin rice
The Repp – Lamb and Goat cheese risotto fritter with sauce tomate
Manhattan – Pork Belly Mac and Cheese with House-made Chicharrones
Triumph Bar – Chilled Cucumber Soup with Truffle Oil
O’Asian – Honey Barbeque Pork Buns
Pinkabella Cupcakes – Creamsicle cupcakes

$10

Carnie food it wasn't

I've always wanted to travel the US and just eat my way around the country (mostly out of morbid curiosity since everyone hears the stories about "American food") but there has to be some good stuff there.

Pork belly Mac & Cheese just adds to the morbid curiosity part.

I'm really curious who the SEA invite will be to TI5, feel like each of the 4 regions is guaranteed one direct invite, seems pretty open for SEA, MVP and Rave I'd imagine are the current frontrunners

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
There are so many good fucking restaurants in Seattle. Why would you settle with carnival food?

bite of seattle had some of the best food ive ever eaten, it was great and convenient. you also don't really want to go sit down at a restaurant in the middle of the matches.

it was the best thing about ti4 no joke

shira

I'm really curious who the SEA invite will be to TI5, feel like each of the 4 regions is guaranteed one direct invite, seems pretty open for SEA, MVP and Rave I'd imagine are the current frontrunners
Probably EHOME is the closest thing SEA have to a direct invite.

MVP runs the table in KDL, but they get rekt hard in international events. Nexon may have some pull to get one Korean team in but look at their lan record.

2nd last in dreamleague
last in ileague
last in starladder
last in IeSF 2014 World Championship

8 wins and their only bo3 win was against NiP

arab

i went ahead and made a reservation at city hostel since it's only 2 bucks down and i can cancel just in case.

TI5 HYPE WHERE'S STEVEWINWOOD AND CHIZZANGER

Chris R

How much was the hostel? Do they have an age limit (for old men like me) or a stay limit? I'd probably stay Sun-Sun if possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom