• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razzer

The bounty runes just make it even more important to be quick out of the fountain. Need to get all your scouting, warding etc done before the horn. I much prefer getting the bounty rune on supports anyway, there are so many of them that become tons better at level 2 than 1.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
The new 0 minute bounty runes have turned everyone into idiots. Even the mid players don't bother to block and go sit on the runes.

Yeah it's a bloodbath in the river right now.

It's a bit annoying since I play solo it's something else that needs a bit of coordination right from the start. I often just go block my lane and stay out of that mess.

Nymerio

I'm sure earnings from his silly donation bot have exceeded his winnings from TI4. I will miss seeing him play competitive, but I would be lying if I said having a Dongerino stream near daily for the last couple months has been bad.

You're probably right and the stream really is amazing.

The M.O.B

THANK YOU!

People always bitch at me for not going for them when I play mid and I usually say "I'd like to get my advantage from blocking the lane, dying over half a level's worth of XP doesn't sound that worth it to me."

Says the man who got killed trying to kick lifestealer onto the cliff. :D

Hylian7

Quit playing earth spirit your builds are trash.

Mean but true. Never builds urn. Idk why the fuck he goes soul ring and mek. You dont build mek on him anymore since the nerf and its shit on all strength heroes. Doesn't build blink dagger. Idk what the fuck he is doing.
???

I never have the farm to go urn in offlane. ES really isn't all that item dependent, so often times I go mek when someone else can't afford it.

I don't see a problem with soul ring.

???

I never have the farm to go urn in offlane. ES really isn't all that item dependent, so often times I go mek when someone else can't afford it.

I don't see a problem with soul ring.

Are you going for kills after you get level 6 in the offlane? That's really the only time you have kill potential on earth unless somebody takes tower aggro and you rolling boulder into them and blow everything on them. Core build for Earth is bottle, boots of speed, urn, blink, force staff and aghs. Blink is good because after the start up time of rolling boulder once you roll in you can magnetize while in roll and then blink out before you're able to be disabled. If you can't get last hits you can always farm with remnant and geomagnetic grip. If you need any other advice just hit me up in PM. I can even show you a few tricks ;^).

Hylian7

Are you going for kills after you get level 6 in the offlane? That's really the only time you have kill potential on earth unless somebody takes tower aggro and you rolling boulder into them and blow everything on them. Core build for Earth is bottle, boots of speed, urn, blink, force staff and aghs. Blink is good because after the start up time of rolling boulder once you roll in you can magnetize while in roll and then blink out before you're able to be disabled. If you can't get last hits you can always farm with remnant and geomagnetic grip. If you need any other advice just hit me up in PM. I can even show you a few tricks ;^).
Yeah, I usually go for kills at 6. That is a good build, but I don't really like bottle in offlane generally. I think there are many ways to itemize the hero though, usually I end up with Mek and BKB though, as Soul Ring is generally enough for the main problem, and of course BKB when the game calls for it.

I'm not sure why you call my builds "garbage" when I have won quite a few games with them. I have a 62.5% winrate on him this patch.

Yeah, I usually go for kills at 6. That is a good build, but I don't really like bottle in offlane generally. I think there are many ways to itemize the hero though, usually I end up with Mek and BKB though, as Soul Ring is generally enough for the main problem, and of course BKB when the game calls for it.

I'm not sure why you call my builds "garbage" when I have won quite a few games with them. I have a 62.5% winrate on him this patch.

You're doing 6.82 earth spirit with the mek and everything. Just try the core build and see if you like it :). Blink is pretty much core since es is a initiator/gank type hero. You'll have fun with the blink :). Do you know the earth spirit exploit? And don't get the "my build is fine and im doing good" tone with me. You get that way man and you'll never keep up. DONT EVER have that attitude.

Hylian7

It's a use 1 remnant for max distance rolling boulder and boulder smash bug. Thought it was fixed but they just changed the direction you have to be standing.
I thought they fixed that when they changed the way boulder smash worked in 6.82 (where you only have to click in the direction of the rocks)

Then again the combo I usually use is rock > smash > start roll > pull same rock back

I thought they fixed that when they changed the way boulder smash worked in 6.82 (where you only have to click in the direction of the rocks)

Then again the combo I usually use is rock > smash > start roll > pull same rock back

Nope. instead of being in front of the remanant you stand slightly behind it and rolling boulder then boulder smash. It only consumes 1 remnant for stun and max distance rolling boulder.

Hopefully this picture helps.
RYWL9nv.jpg
Before you ask. I do not use this :).

i don't think blink ember was useful that game

tinker looking okay though

arise played really well

the aa pick was nice

singsing and bulba still trash tier but i guess egm is worse

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
ability draft is b r o k e n

popgaf played a game yesterday where someone playing lich had tiny's growth and bloodseeker's thirst, which caused him to turn invisible (!!!) and gave him max movement speed whenever someone was on low health (!!!!!)

Razzer

popgaf played a game yesterday where someone playing lich had tiny's growth and bloodseeker's thirst, which caused him to turn invisible (!!!) and gave him max movement speed whenever someone was on low health (!!!!!)
That's the whole point of ability draft. Seeing what is the most broken shit someone can come up with.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
That's the whole point of ability draft. Seeing what is the most broken shit someone can come up with.

i was pretty proud of my build

wraith king base, with counter helix, bristleback, wraithfire blast, and poison nova

in the lategame i was basically unkillable, it was aces

pompidu

Dont take ability draft seriously. 9 out of 10 games, I can call the victor before the first creep wave hits. Game mode is seriously easy to snowball with.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'll be honest with you guys.

If you dont make an effort to contest runes you're throwing the game at 00:00.

If you're supporting, or jungling, offer to block. Even if no one is blocking for you, you can get the rune and still do a half block. Only give up the rune if the other team devotes 3-4 people to contesting it (as you should).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The Carry should be the last one to get the 0 minute bounty rune, that thing does work on supports. A fast level 2 on a support or mid does work, where while a carry should strive for an XP advantage, they are going to do nothing with it at minute 1.

inkls

Doom also. Doom counters everything, and she's not a natural Linken's buyer. If you want to put a PA out of a fight, just Doom her. That said, there aren't many that can stand against her effectively once she gets BKB.

I also like Axe a lot against her. Since his most important abilities all go through BKB.

AM is pretty good if you can get to 30 minutes and not be behind her in items (and go basher --> abyssal, since that also goes through BKB).

Basically you want heroes whose skills work well against BKB (Axe, Mag, Bane, Jugg) who or buy items that go through BKB (Bashers and Abyssals).

Sniper isn't bad either IF you can get yourself into a safe position away from her line of sight. That attack speed slow does fucking WORK.

No mention of razor vs her? I've played the matchup a few times and razor stomps her, -224 dmg that she cant crit with? yes pls. That and his ult goes through bkb. Basically you just need an mkb and you destroy her.

Skab

Why do so many people play with their graphic settings way down?

Are you all playing on ancient laptops or something?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

I know a lot of people stream like that because they have a crappy CPU/GPU combo, and can't stream with the game on higher settings.

manfestival

there are hitboxes in dota 2? Kappa

Its easier for me to see things and it runs flawlessly with everything turned off. including animations

qX6Cttq.jpg

Plus it just seems easier on the eyes to me than having all the garbage turned up

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Dont take ability draft seriously. 9 out of 10 games, I can call the victor before the first creep wave hits. Game mode is seriously easy to snowball with.

I wasn't taking it seriously. It was a 3v3 and I was laughing the whole time.

I had bristleback and counterhelix and then I got a Mjolnir too. Nobody could attack me without dying at the end of the game. I just took down a barracks while two of their teammates whaled on me.

It's super broken but hilarious fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom