• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wish there was a Warlock announcer pack, I feel his puns aren't overly forced and I love the way he stresses some words.

Chris R

hey cool warlock narates the talos principle

games good thanks to whoever suggested it

It's on my wishlist for the next steam sale. Loved the GB quicklook of it.

Also, 1.09 I'll be home from work in 1.5 hours, I promise you destroying me won't take but 5 minutes of your time :)

shira

Was it Techies?

Damn ur still salty about that.

Didn't you see that SingSing is a support player now? He's just giving up farm to his team

smile.gif

Was playing support abaddon that did so well I transitioned to a carry abaddon. Had a legion commander keep trying to duel me, which certainly made the game easier. I would just walk towards him after he pops moment of courage, and somehow he couldn't help himself even though he knew what happened the last 3 times he did it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Double kill would be one head going "a kill" and the other going "another kill".

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This mid bullying is too much. Shira what have you wrought?

manfestival

been 10 years since 1.09 strim. I have restless nights thinking about all the times 1.09 flamed me in chat. I tear up thinking of all the times he called his teammates noobs and raged on strim. I long for the day to see 1.09 again

Chris R

This mid bullying is too much. Shira what have you wrought?

It wasn't bullying :p I suck, 1.09 doesn't.

My plan of picking sniper to extend my range and hope for good stun procs was foiled by my shitty lane control, positioning and last hitting skills.

Mordeccai

Am I crazy or is there and anti-farming mentality in the 3k-4ks?

you're not crazy. I keep trying to hammer into my buddies brain that even as a support, he NEEDS to find farm. He just wanders around and doesn't do anything but play the five man mid dance once mid game hits. When I nope the hell out of that scenario, then my team starts flaming me for going to farm and not sitting around mid tower with a thumb up my ass.

And just earlier I tried so hard to carry my team, but we had a QoP that refused to use her skills to farm. She bought a maelstrom to accelerate her farm, no lie that was her logic. In an hour game she had an orchid mjolnir and null talisman.

FML I like being in the 3.5K bracket because I feel like sometimes I'm one of the few in this bracket who understands the importance of farm, farming patterns, zoning etc, but the team mates just suck at general mechanics like stacking and pulling, TP rotations, and finding farm after laning phase.

Hylian7

you're not crazy. I keep trying to hammer into my buddies brain that even as a support, he NEEDS to find farm. He just wanders around and doesn't do anything but play the five man mid dance once mid game hits. When I nope the hell out of that scenario, then my team starts flaming me for going to farm and not sitting around mid tower with a thumb up my ass.

And just earlier I tried so hard to carry my team, but we had a QoP that refused to use her skills to farm. She bought a maelstrom to accelerate her farm, no lie that was her logic. In an hour game she had an orchid mjolnir and null talisman.

FML I like being in the 3.5K bracket because I feel like sometimes I'm one of the few in this bracket who understands the importance of farm, farming patterns, zoning etc, but the team mates just suck at general mechanics like stacking and pulling, TP rotations, and finding farm after laning phase.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1181603944

This is a prime example right here. If Slark, and to a lesser extent, TA had more items, they could have defended the base without me and I could have splitpushed them into oblivion. Sure, I died more than I should have. My lane was quite rough (Silencer and Necro), but I still came out with decent farm at the end of the day, one way or another.

Mordeccai

I will never understand Slark's who can't reach that 5cs/minute goal. Run into creeps, push Q, throw out four or five right clicks, run away super fast and get all your HP back. It is the easiest shit ever.

But the true crime in that game is that you lost to a Wraith King (AM is the most annoying hero to play against as him because he just fucks over reincarnate) with only 57 last hits. I mean, what.

I think I'm going to make a concentrated effort to learn how to support better, even though I'm doing pretty good as a core in my skill bracket. Just looking at dotabuff and replays I'm realizing more and more that my wins are usually decided less by me being slightly better at last hitting and itemization than their carry, but by the other team just playing poorly and making really obvious mistakes. I feel like I still have no idea how DOTA works (especially after watching Blitz's stream since he actually explains all the things he's looking for), and playing a core where I just win because the opposing team did nothing around the map for 40 minutes isn't really helping me improve, even if it helps my winrate.

Hylian7

I will never understand Slark's who can't reach that 5cs/minute goal. Run into creeps, push Q, throw out four or five right clicks, run away super fast and get all your HP back. It is the easiest shit ever.

But the true crime in that game is that you lost to a Wraith King (AM is the most annoying hero to play against as him because he just fucks over reincarnate) with only 57 last hits. I mean, what.
Faceless Void and the rest of their deathball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom