• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razzer

I think I'm going to make a concentrated effort to learn how to support better, even though I'm doing pretty good as a core in my skill bracket. Just looking at dotabuff and replays I'm realizing more and more that my wins are usually decided less by me being slightly better at last hitting and itemization than their carry, but by the other team just playing poorly and making really obvious mistakes. I feel like I still have no idea how DOTA works (especially after watching Blitz's stream since he actually explains all the things he's looking for), and playing a core where I just win because the opposing team did nothing around the map for 40 minutes isn't really helping me improve, even if it helps my winrate.
Start with position 5. Then look up everything you need to know about the first 15 mins on that role and what heroes make good 5 roles (hint: almost all are ranged). Once you've done that move onto either learning the first 15 mins of position 4 or learning mid/late game for 5. Approaching your ability in chunks like a school/uni module will help you focus.

Mordeccai

Faceless Void and the rest of their deathball.

Yeah just to clarify I wasn't ribbing at you for losing or anything, was ribbing that WK for having shit farm.

Void is annoying as hell to play against. I think he'd be a lot more bearable if backtrack could be limited to one instance every two seconds or so, give backtrack some kind of small internal CD. It's infuriating when the guy backtracks four or five attacks/spells in a row. Praise RNJesus. They'll never make MKB a counter to it so that's really my only half decent idea

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
For shame Shira, don't you know the Dota 2 subreddit actually has some rules.

All content must be related to Dota 2, and not solely in the title

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/2tdvr6/dear_dota_2_canada_cup_people_please_consider/
facepalm.gif

Thanks (I think) to the racist dickhead Death Prophet on my team that disconnected which caused our Spectre and the rest of us to get a shitload of gold and items very quickly.

Acinixys

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1181603944

This is a prime example right here. If Slark, and to a lesser extent, TA had more items, they could have defended the base without me and I could have splitpushed them into oblivion. Sure, I died more than I should have. My lane was quite rough (Silencer and Necro), but I still came out with decent farm at the end of the day, one way or another.

How do you fail so hard with Slark? He has 3 escapes

And 110 last hits in 40 minutes?

Im glad i cant play ranked if that is the quality of 3.5 - 4K players

So I was thinking that the popular builds nowadays are the 'stack multiple cheap stat items + one cheap teamfight item'. Stuff like multiple Wraith Band + Mask of Madness Drow, multiple Null Talisman + Blade Mail Furion, etc. I'm sure there's plenty of others.

At what point do you say "enough early game items I need to build something larger"? Is it on a case by case basis or do you hit certain numbers with a certain amount of early game items?

73V3N

Banned
why do i always get those kind of peruvians that spam ping, swear in spanish and type ".l." over and over again on my team?

73V3N

Banned
I'm not Peruvian and I flame and spam the shit out of pubs.

Yeah i didn't mean only peruvians do that.

what i said is that I only get peruvians doing that, even though i'm playing in US east.

is it because when there are not enough players the matchmaking starts looking for them in other regions or what

Pratfall

blame the carpenter not his tools man

i know this is mostly a joke but is there an argument for putting points in cleave before 15-20 minutes or so? I could see a MoM, BoT build where you TP in, clear three waves, cycle through the jungle and and then tp to a new place being kinda legit but I really don't know when that is better than maxing stun and warcry first (or even stats after 1 point in warcry), especially when you are laning with a setup hero like SD.

i know this is mostly a joke but is there an argument for putting points in cleave before 15-20 minutes or so? I could see a MoM, BoT build where you TP in, clear three waves, cycle through the jungle and and then tp to a new place being kinda legit but I really don't know when that is better than maxing stun and warcry first (or even stats after 1 point in warcry), especially when you are laning with a setup hero like SD.

would you yell at a medusa getting a point or two in split shot early?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom