• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Twitch TV is so awful for me in Asia. it's gone through phases where I've had great connections and been able to watch on Source with no pausing, and it's gone through times like now where it's unwatchable due to the constant buffering pauses. 1 gbps internet and I can't watch Twitch TV on "medium" settings :lol

Twitch TV is so awful for me in Asia. it's gone through phases where I've had great connections and been able to watch on Source with no pausing, and it's gone through times like now where it's unwatchable due to the constant buffering pauses. 1 gbps internet and I can't watch Twitch TV on "medium" settings :lol

Try using vpns. Just start it before going to the twitch site and not while in the middle of browsing it so they wont falsely flag you.

GorillaJu

Try using vpns. Just start it before going to the twitch site and not while in the middle of browsing it so they wont falsely flag you.

Do you mean something like Hola Unblocker? Is there a free VPN you recommend for Twitch? I have a paid VPN, but its got limited bandwidth so wouldn't last very long if I streamed a whole bunch.

Do you mean something like Hola Unblocker? Is there a free VPN you recommend for Twitch? I have a paid VPN, but its got limited bandwidth so wouldn't last very long if I streamed a whole bunch.

I used zenmate browser extension. Its free and it works great 70% of the time or slow as shit the rest of the time.

I got (auto) banned temporarily once from twitch because i kept turning it on/off mid stream, one quick email to support unbanned me in like a day since there is nothing in their TOS that forbids using a vpn.

Give it a shot.

GorillaJu

I used zenmate browser extension. Its free and it works great 70% of the time or slow as shit the rest of the time.

I got (auto) banned temporarily from twitch because i kept turning it on/off mid stream, one quick email to support unbanned me in like a day since there is nothing in their TOS that forbids using a vpn.

Give it a shot.

Will do, absolutely. Thanks.

I'm constantly impressed by how good Secret's execution is this tournament, I feel like it's even better than when they had Notail, I don't know how they're doing so well even though they haven't been practicing together for that long.

Is it just down to Puppey's captaining?

Kuroky back on support + zai always seeming to get farmed.

livestreamer. Watch twitch in a video player.

Nymerio

Played three games with a friend today as Axe / Witch Doctor duo lane. It was disgusting.
Also got AM in All Random and holy shit are some people assholes. We had to lane as AM/Lich against Phoenix/Disruptor, was shut down pretty well but managed to get my BF anyway. Neither Dazzle nor SD bought wards for the first twenty minutes but felt they needed to complain about me and Lich for the whole game. Fuck people like that.

UHstoTZ.png

???

Russian gaming or Sea gaming?

A russian team of new comers (i think) + dread that have been doing very well recently after a squad change.
they went 27 w - 7 loses in December
Crushed everyone in the DAC quals
Did well in the starladder quals but fell short in LAN and had a missing member I think.

FACE

Banned
Ha. They were so afraid of storm they bought four bkbs versus a team made up of mostly physical damage, one non-ulti stun, and a silence that goes through bkb. GG

To be fair everyone other than Night Hand was feeding, so they rightfully focused on countering him.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
What the fuck do you ban against Secret?

They basically have 7 heroes that they just completely wreck face with and will first round pick: Lycan, Dazzle, Bristle, Puck, SF, Chen, Enchantress, and Axe. I think teams have pretty much tried most of the possible ban combinations with 2 of these heroes, but nothing works. I don't think we've seen any Bristle first bans against secret, but something like Bristle/Lycan or Bristle/Axe (or Bristle/SF or....shit is tough man) might be the key.

Quesa

They basically have 7 heroes that they just completely wreck face with and will first round pick: Lycan, Dazzle, Bristle, Puck, SF, Chen, Enchantress, and Axe. I think teams have pretty much tried most of the possible ban combinations with 2 of these heroes, but nothing works. I don't think we've seen any Bristle first bans against secret, but something like Bristle/Lycan or Bristle/Axe (or Bristle/SF or....shit is tough man) might be the key.

Admins will allow banning of players to compensate for Secret's hero privilege.

Wok

Or something like a rule for Best of 3 which would forbid a team from picking the same hero twice.

Match #1: TeamLeft picks heroes A,B,C,D,E ; TeamRight picks F,G,H,I,J
Match #2: TeamLeft picks heroes which are not any of A,B,C,D,E ; TeamLeft picks heroes which are not any of F,G,H,I,J

KingKong

Id ban Lycan and Axe first every time

CM really is pretty good. Shame my team isn't ;_;

yeah, CM is pretty broken. Top tier support at the moment, at least in pubs. Shame the CM in my last game was so intent on not making any effort to zone my lane opponents, and subsequently bitching at me to CS better .-.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Dota has such shit VODs search/rating/finding despite all the money in the scene. Nearly every game in DAC being at like 85-90% 'likes' doesn't mean anything.

Still waiting for my Teamliquid StarCraft recommended watch polls and VOD links to every game.

Chris R

yeah, CM is pretty broken. Top tier support at the moment, at least in pubs. Shame the CM in my last game was so intent on not making any effort to zone my lane opponents, and subsequently bitching at me to CS better .-.

My game just ended, only got off two decent ults since they had stuns and silences to shut me down so hard. Finally got my BKB but tinker went bots dagon 5 so they all had BKBs ;_;

At least I outfarmed QoP on a pure support CM lol

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Isn't Freakinchair like Rank 2?

You might as well be Legend kirbs.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Isn't Freakinchair like Rank 2?

You might as well be Legend kirbs.

I'm rank 3 right now, I managed to make it to rank 1 last night before a losing streak. I just don't have enough time, I have work in an hour and the ladder resets like an hour after getting home. My dreams are crushed
SLx19c3.gif

Maybe next month!

I don't think SF is up there. Yes, RTZ is godlike on it, but SF is vulnerable enough that you could let them pick it and then counter it. It's the core I'd want to give up instead of Bristle, Axe, Puck or Lycan atm.

Also don't forget RTZ and S4 could switch lanes whenever they want, and S4 plays a shitload of mid heroes very well. Secret can pick almost any mid hero and do well with it since they have 2 of the best mid players in the world, even better is that they play different styles(RTZ farms, S4 makes plays).

Against secret I would ban Axe/Chen first round, pick at least one of their other main heroes (maybe 2) and then ban the rest 2nd phase.

That or pick a specific strategy designed to work against their heroes, though that's obviously easier said than done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom