• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ugh knew I shouldn't play dota on a bad mood. The last two games were harder than usual and I played like shit and unfocused.

At least I achieved one if my new year dota resolutions by getting 15 (9-6) matches in a row in very high skill (aka the entire latest matches page on dotabuff).

Pratfall

I don't think SF is up there. Yes, RTZ is godlike on it, but SF is vulnerable enough that you could let them pick it and then counter it. It's the core I'd want to give up instead of Bristle, Axe, Puck or Lycan atm.

Also don't forget RTZ and S4 could switch lanes whenever they want, and S4 plays a shitload of mid heroes very well. Secret can pick almost any mid hero and do well with it since they have 2 of the best mid players in the world, even better is that they play different styles(RTZ farms, S4 makes plays).

I think this is the key to them being so hard to counter. Both lycan and SF can play mid or safe so they can draft one of those two heroes and you have no idea where arteezy is gonna play it. And honestly, if you take away chen you give puppey enchantress so you are fucked either way.

shira

What the fuck do you ban against Secret?

They basically have 7 heroes that they just completely wreck face with and will first round pick: Lycan, Dazzle, Bristle, Puck, SF, Chen, Enchantress, and Axe. I think teams have pretty much tried most of the possible ban combinations with 2 of these heroes, but nothing works. I don't think we've seen any Bristle first bans against secret, but something like Bristle/Lycan or Bristle/Axe (or Bristle/SF or....shit is tough man) might be the key.

Did Newbee come the closest?

Their bans were:
SF, Chen
Lycan, Brood
Sniper

CDEC
Chen, Dazzle
QOP, Brood
Brew

Secret've also picked radiant every game except MVP

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think a team should try the no Ban Strat vs Secret to bait them into taking a team that is too good. Then, you pick Morphling and Rubick and use their goddness against them!

T2Mm4Db.jpg

#betterthandota

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The first half of kill la kill was good, then they decided to rewrite the plot into something far less interesting.

Kard8p3

holy fuck i hate att, pls die in a fire company

edit: at least feediung over and over again in ardm gets u out of low prio fast.

Big Dog

Ah it's about time I was muted again. Luckily when I logged on it was only for 7 hours more! My team mates never really appreciate me letting them know how we lose at the draft with 4-5 core heroes or when I ask why some dual/tri lanes can never win against a solo laner. I shall soon be unmuted and continue my march through Dota 2 of aggressively teaching teammates their mistakes!!! Tally hoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris R

These players today... ugh I turn away on my support so the safe lane carry can right click and get a kill, only to have the carry not right click, die, tell me to hang myself and abandon.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Competitive Hero Tier list for January:

That ET drop and Axe, Troll and Jugg rises.

Surprised Venge is at 1st too

If you had told me when I started watching competitive Dota that I would live to see Venge Jugg and Axe leading the meta I would have laughed at you and then cried because it would never happen. I really love this game so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom