• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radec

easy game for Secret.

EG's first lost is from Na'vi.
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Radec

i closed stream when navi got teamwiped, then my brother told me they won? how the fuck?

Navi pushing top, EG pushing bottom.

They decided to exchange rax. Then EG went back and got wiped.
2 bought back to defend mid and Na'vi snowballed after that.

Anno

Could've been even worse. If Funnik didn't get caught and basically killed scouting the rosh right before that fight he had like a 4 hero call setup into QoP Omni whatever.

JC Sera

Since the mek nerf I haven't bought it as a support. I miss it but I never seem to have mana for it at vital moments (lack of foresight on my part)

However it actually seems to be working pretty well in these SF games? Like I have seen it turn around big fights at least 4 times in the DAC. Maybe the bottle+mek+treads gives you a viable amount of mana to use it? Just speculating.

mek gives sf (a very squishy hero) something resembling tank with the armor and regen (think a poor mans vanguard) and because hes mid and can flash farm super quick he can get it really early enabling fast five man pushes and early team fight advantages

Hylian7

You could get Skadi though, and while it is obviously more expensive than Mek, just seems like too defensive of an item when you sacrifice the damage you can do early on in my opinion.

Euls SF though seems just stupid though, and every time I've seen that build they just fail horrendously.

You could get Skadi though, and while it is obviously more expensive than Mek, just seems like too defensive of an item when you sacrifice the damage you can do early on in my opinion.

Euls SF though seems just stupid though, and every time I've seen that build they just fail horrendously.
the whole point of the mek is you get it in ten minutes and start the faceroll

how is skadi at all comparable that takes years its so expensive

euls allows you to remove one person on their team instantly and helps with mana

Hylian7

I thought it had a pretty good success rate @ DAC, no?

I'm talking pub level here. With coordination it's great, but in a pub it's a crapshoot and not worth doing.

the whole point of the mek is you get it in ten minutes and start the faceroll

how is skadi at all comparable that takes years its so expensive

euls allows you to remove one person on their team instantly and helps with mana

The problem is you just still hit like a wet kitten for the most part, or it's possible you need a BKB too, so you're doing no damage for maybe 20-30 minutes.

Kard8p3

The problem is you just still hit like a wet kitten for the most part, or it's possible you need a BKB too, so you're doing no damage for maybe 20-30 minutes.

IDK i don't think the point of mek euls sf is to right click hard(at least early on, obviously he will later), it seems that the point is to have sustain while nuking the enemies with razes/removing one hero from the fight with euls+ult

why is axe meta? Chinese secrets?
part of the spin meta

axe jugg troll

spin to win
I'm talking pub level here. With coordination it's great, but in a pub it's a crapshoot and not worth doing.

its sf

as long as you have souls you in no way hit like a wet kitten for the first 30 mins

36 souls * 2 = 72 + base damage is wet kitten? and the razes are not damage? 325 per raze for a max of 975

JC Sera

Every game of the DAC bigdaddy has gone degen first point on omni. Its kinda interesting as a more kill oriented level 1 omni.
I really like the badger stripes hat
edit: lvl 3 and he hasn't skilled anything else, thats actually pretty smart

Razzer

i am now part of euro gaf, where do i line up for the government cheese?
A hospital.

And yeah, mek sf is about early game. Think about it, what does sf have as part of his natural toolkit? Damage from souls, more damage from raze, and decent armour as he's agi. So why build more damage, it's like the only thing he doesn't need (if you aren't going late). Mek covers his poor hp, adds a little bonus armour on top of what he has, and helps the team. Euls, despite its uses as an initiation, is actually also a farming item on sf. The mana regen lets you raze with impunity, so you can clear camps and waves super quick. Oh, and am does not farm fast at all what an awful comparison. He needs an item twice as expensive as mek to start farming fast.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wanted to watch the rest of the game but I guess that is not happening. I'll just assume C9 somehow loses so I can be pleasantly surprised rather then disappointed in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom