• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

qLIW1Bb.jpg

Is there grafitti in China, looks like this kid going down an alley in a rough neighborhood

Big Dog

I recommend that no one EVER play Dota if you are muted in game. My last three games have included the dumbest and most ignorant people ever and I can say nothing to inform them of their wrongness. I get much angrier just from being muted. How can people ever get better if you cannot correct them for their mistakes and provide insights without them crying and reporting you(and they do the same for you)?

Quesa

I recommend that no one EVER play Dota if you are muted in game. My last three games have included the dumbest and most ignorant people ever and I can say nothing to inform them of their wrongness. I get much angrier just from being muted. How can people ever get better if you cannot correct them for their mistakes and provide insights without them crying and reporting you(and they do the same for you)?

I think I've said maybe two words to ppl in my last three games. Gotta chill and let the dumb pass over you. "Welp" is your friend.

Big Dog

I think I've said maybe two words to ppl in my last three games. Gotta chill and let the dumb pass over you. "Welp" is your friend.

But how can you be silent in a team based game where communication can be the difference in a team fight? Or after a team mate gets picked off give a tip to possibly avoid a death or trade kills in the next fight instead of just dying? I thrive on having at least 2 of the 4 people talking so we can get things done orderly in a somewhat planned manner. If people don't talk or anything I assume they have us all muted or only will participate if it will get them a kill or is the safest play of all time.

But how can you be silent in a team based game where communication can be the difference in a team fight? Or after a team mate gets picked off give a tip to possibly avoid a death or trade kills in the next fight instead of just dying? I thrive on having at least 2 of the 4 people talking so we can get things done orderly in a somewhat planned manner. If people don't talk or anything I assume they have us all muted or only will participate if it will get them a kill or is the safest play of all time.

I just ping a lot.

Helps.

Especially right now in LP where someone decided to use chat, and get someone responding with 'SHUT THE FUCK UP FUCKAHHH'

Just ping, and play safe.

How can people ever get better if you cannot correct them for their mistakes and provide insights without them crying and reporting you(and they do the same for you)?

While advice is always good.. you might want to look at your delivery if the end result is that you got muted.

Anytime someone starts getting toxic I mute them, this game is hard enough without someone I don't know yelling over voice.

Quesa

I still ping (not sure if that works under mute). I just abide by "if you have nothing nice to say..." since saying "omfg quit being out of position noob" tends to put people on tilt as much it prevents them from getting caught out again. Sometimes I'll say stuff like "yeah" when someone's like "everyone go mid" if I agree.

If people make dumb mistakes I still go like "what the hell was that!?" but I don't vocalize it because it makes things worse. People get super-defensive. I've given up on giving constructive criticism to strangers who'll give me the mental finger more than take criticism. Ultimately I've learned not to let a loss ruin my day, and that leads to me not losing it over dumb mistakes other people make. First time someone says "no suicide techies?" I mute them because whatever they say after that is not going to help me in the least.

Since you're not EE and queuing at 7k MMR, the level of your teammates will be pretty much the same as yours, even if you don't feel its true. There's basically no such thing as "helpful advice" in the middle of a game, and absolutely don't be that asshole that tells their teammates everything they did wrong after you all die in the teamfight, there's no point. Chances are they already know what mistakes they made, and their teammates being negative and condescending about it doesn't really help them learn, it's just a straight road to mute-town.

Ask for wards, ask if someone is building a certain item, ask people to back if you aren't ready to fight, ping your abilities if you want to use them, ping rosh if you want to go there, etc. You can still do most of that while muted.

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
wooo, the beer glass from that catalog is nice. the T-shirts too, especially the "Support All The Way" one and the "Evil Dreams Awaits" one. and lol at the Phase Boots and Power Treads socks XD.

pachuco

How do I know that you even know what you are talking about? Part of the problem is that the toxicity of the players has eroded our trust in each other. If a person comes on chat and starts telling me how to play and it doesn't look like they are doing much better than me, I will ignore that person. It all depends on how the message is sent and received.

I just ping a lot.

Helps.

Especially right now in LP where someone decided to use chat, and get someone responding with 'SHUT THE FUCK UP FUCKAHHH'

Just ping, and play safe.

Yeah, pinging is the safest bet. It's easy to ignore. Also, foreign players who might not have the best spoken English abilities are able to understand written English much easier.

JC Sera

Don't ever play on Australian servers then. Everyone is so quiet or a grade A jerk. Not much in between. I can't really use team speak myself so I also add to the issue.

Imo telling someone that they could of avoided a death after just dying is pretty superflous; they know they fucked up and are probably feeling it. No need to rub it in, even though you have positive intentions. You are more likely to induce tilt than sudden improvement.

Also pinging + alt click are your best friends. Question: if you're muted can you not use chat wheel?

Aikidoka

Maybe Newbee sucks so much because they have a pile of money blocking their monitors? They are worse than MVP, who have gotten better but still not a tier 1 team yet.

Edit 1:I imagine Zephyr could destroy Newbee now

Edit 2: but not really

Apparently Newbee haven't been practicing at all. Though to be honest, I always felt they were pretty overrated and only won TI4 through fortunate circumstances and the failures of the competition.

Apparently Newbee haven't been practicing at all. Though to be honest, I always felt they were pretty overrated and only won TI4 through fortunate circumstances and the failures of the competition.

Hear me out. Maybe, just maybe

NewBee sucks now because Xiao8 and ZSMJ isn't in the team anymore.

Don't compare the new NewBee to the TI4 roster. They were really good in that tournament, just fucking boring to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom