• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hear me out. Maybe, just maybe

NewBee sucks now because Xiao8 and ZSMJ isn't in the team anymore.

Don't compare the new NewBee to the TI4 roster. They were really good in that tournament, just fucking boring to watch.

ZSMJ wasn't ever on newbee? If you meant pre-newbee Tongfu, then yeah, I agree. Newbee needs a strong captain.

ZSMJ wasn't ever on newbee? If you meant pre-newbee Tongfu, then yeah, I agree. Newbee needs a strong captain.

zsmj was on the first newbee roaster for a short time.
They played like team tinker with ZSMJ playing support then going back to carry. Didn't work out.

Also I think Mikasa was their coach but is now on CDEC. No coach made them lazy or the new coach is not so good?

zsmj was on the first newbee roaster for a short time.
They played like team tinker with ZSMJ playing support then going back to carry. Didn't work out.

Also I think Mikasa was their coach but is now on CDEC. No coach made them lazy or the new coach is not so good?

Didn't realize ZSMJ was on the team. Must've really been a short time, since ZSMJ is one of the few players I actually pay attention to, and I didn't recall.

JC Sera

Secret vs IG had a WR pick, was pretty good

edit: Do you think we're going to get a mid tourney patch with the nerfbat, or after the DAC ends
axe just seems too good in pro hands

Eeek. Sorry about ZSMJ.

I think they need somewhat with xiao8 caliber tho. I don't really like Hao as a captain. His tendency to have a team revolve around him.

Satch

Banned
why did EE have to ruin my favorite team

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Secret vs IG had a WR pick, was pretty good

edit: Do you think we're going to get a mid tourney patch with the nerfbat, or after the DAC ends
axe just seems too good in pro hands
I think the next balance patch is going to be small, but I think there will be something with new bloom. Troll will be unchanged, he is being brought into the conversation because of a meme.

Fata wasn't able to do anything despite his farming, I think envy drafted poorly that game. I think they should make the main event still unles they go full tilt.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Poor n0tail.

Having a clown captain must have feel awful.
I think notail really did get outplayed that game, his wisp tricks got shut down with vp being on point. Envys play was fine, but he can't seem to draft bone7 any thing impactful enough lately. Not totally sold on misery, he seems like he can only play lion, but maybe that's just envy's drafts.

Maybe they could put notail in the drafting chair.

Aikidoka

I don't really get why people insist on calling casters "terrible" and "annoying". It's pretty rude and, frankly, childish. Try to provide some constructive feedback like "I wish he would talk more about [blank] because [blank]". Telling someone they're terrible doesn't make you a critic, it makes you a freaking dick.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I don't really get why people insist on calling casters "terrible" and "annoying". It's pretty rude and, frankly, childish. Try to provide some constructive feedback like "I wish he would talk more about [blank] because [blank]". Telling someone they're terrible doesn't make you a critic, it makes you a freaking dick.
Eh, there's merit to what people feel in general though. It's up to people who actually care and the caster to figure out what they lack and work on it.

There's enough out there for people to self reflect on and work to get better at.

Aikidoka

Eh, there's merit to what people feel in general though. It's up to people who actually care and the caster to figure out what they lack and work on it.

There's enough out there for people to self reflect on and work to get better at.

As far as, determining what they watch, sure, their general feeling matters. But as far as actually making progress, it doesn't have any merit unless they can phrase it in a meaningful manner. Personally, I never found things like "you suck, uninstall dota pls" to make me any better of a player, and if anything, makes me want to stop playing for a bit.

GorillaJu

So god damn sick of the state of balance concerning Juggernaut. 54% win rate and the most played hero in all levels - banned or picked in pro games all the time and in every pub. That's an absurd win % for a hero that is played 11 million times per month and is one of the top 5 easiest heroes to play in the game. The rare game where he isn't first picked is like breathing fresh air.

I feel like CM only really works as bait. I was so scared of BM the whole lane so I had no room to be aggressive at all. Yes, I brought sentries for her, and of course she killed them.

CM is fine, but she doesn't fit in every game in every line up.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
edit: it got worse
OUAkhKQ.png

this has never happened to be before wtf
Run furmark and see if your gpu dies (might be GPU memory dying)
As far as, determining what they watch, sure, their general feeling matters. But as far as actually making progress, it doesn't have any merit unless they can phrase it in a meaningful manner. Personally, I never found things like "you suck, uninstall dota pls" to make me any better of a player, and if anything, makes me want to stop playing for a bit.
Yeah casting isn't an easy job and the community is going to be a dick to you if they don't like you. I'm not disagreeing there.

Just saying general opinion is important regardless of how they phrase it and if you don't suck then you should realize what you have to work on and improve that. Luckily I'm a pretty decent caster, but I know exactly what things I need to work on since I've watched thousands of hours of progaming and actually paid attention to detail.

Casting is mainly a drag since I'd rather be watching unless someone else is doing a way worse job.

Acinixys

I feel like CM only really works as bait. I was so scared of BM the whole lane so I had no room to be aggressive at all. Yes, I brought sentries for her, and of course she killed them.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1203904915

When did you pick her? If Brood was already picked then picking CM was pretty dumb

And if Brood was wrecking you why didnt you switch lanes or go roam and gank?

Also lol.

Brood with less than 600 tower damage

edit: it got worse
OUAkhKQ.png

this has never happened to be before wtf

Do you have the same thing in other games? If yes, you could check your GPU's memory with a tool like this (haven't tried this one). Otherwise, validate your game files, some textures might have gone missing in a update or something.

Dotabuff has a great section for DAC stats:
http://www.dotabuff.com/esports/events/17/picks

Why are the casters saying that Enchantress or Chen were TI4 heroes? They were hardly picked at all there, it was all Death Prophet, Lycan, Razor, Brew, Skywrath etc.

G.ZZZ

Eeeh, everyone sucks anyway so it's ok. We're just trying to make people accept it, which in turn will bring world peace.

Also this is probably old but so perfect:
Sodium, atomic number 11, was first isolated by Peter Dager in 1807. A chemical component of salt, he named it Na in honor of the saltiest region on earth, North America.

Randdalf

Secret just seem to outfarm everyone, like most of their games they're not particularly ahead on kills but the gold graph is constantly going in their favour.

Secret just seem to outfarm everyone, like most of their games they're not particularly ahead on kills but the gold graph is constantly going in their favour.

They're extremely efficient and almost every time they get a kill they get an objective to skyrocket their gold gains. Doesn't hurt that RTZ is one of the greatest farmers out there.

Tongfu trilane disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom