• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Low Tier
just finished watching akame ga kill... not sure how I feel about the anime and how it handled things but it was a cool show I suppose

┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┏(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_-)┓┏(-_- )┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┏(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┗(-_-┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┏(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛

manga is much better. Anime fucked up relative power levels and you lose alot of the underlying story

Hylian7

06yn1Yp.jpg

Good ol' 4-stacking ganging up on the 1. Poor OD.

pachuco

What is the appeal of 1v1? I see you guys on GAF set up 1v1 tournaments and I noticed that they usually do some 1v1 stuff at the big tournaments.

What am I supposed to learn from 1v1? What is so fun about 1v1?

I am watching the BTS stream now and it's 1v1 Shadow Fiend on Shadow Fiend. Is this normal? Do the players always choose the same hero?

I just don't get it. Somebody explain it to me, please.

ksan

What is the appeal of 1v1? I see you guys on GAF set up 1v1 tournaments and I noticed that they usually do some 1v1 stuff at the big tournaments.

I am watching the BTS stream now and it's 1v1 Shadow Fiend on Shadow Fiend. Is this normal? Do the players always choose the same hero?

hard work, dedication, pseudo-denies

for real, it's just fun and a good way to practice mechanics

TUSR

Banned

last hitting
community
win prizes
fun
mirrors are common

Hylian7

Basically shorter matches based on individual player skill. SF is usually the choice for these because it's considered the signature mid hero. In the pro 1v1 tournaments, it's based on tower or 2 kills, while in the ones on GAF is is based on 2 kills, tower, or CS at 10 minutes.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
To use a sportsball analogy, it's like 2 guys trying to one up each other with trick shots. It's a display of raw, personal mechanical (and strategic) skill.

It's also a great way to improve your mid skills when you play people better than you are.

pachuco

I guess I'll have to watch more of the pro matches to understand the appeal.

I enjoy Dota better than other games because of the long drawn out battle that takes place during a match is much more entertaining to me than individual fights.

I'll keep my eye on the scene though.

earth shaker, oops

tranqs + soul ring = free spell every 30 seconds, which is effectively much more mana sustain than arcanes

plus it's better for roaming; it can help take out a jungle camp or two (putting the tranqs on the ground like jungling axe), gives nice move speed, health/mana regen, and armor

using soul ring doesn't break the tranq regen, of course, so the health cost is mitigated somewhat

also much less painful buildup than arcanes

I see the appeal

Kard8p3

tranqs + soul ring = free spell every 30 seconds, which is effectively much more mana sustain than arcanes

plus it's better for roaming; it can help take out a jungle camp or two (putting the tranqs on the ground like jungling axe), gives nice move speed, health/mana regen, and armor

using soul ring doesn't break the tranq regen, of course, so the health cost is mitigated somewhat

also much less painful buildup than arcanes

I see the appeal

yea that makes sense. I usually make soul ring but I've never thought to make tranqs cuz im retarded.

I picked a silencer.

Team then picked supports and WD asked me to be the 2nd carry.

Laned with the WD who then auto-attack the creeps, against a Lich-Jugg combo.

Says it's my fault when I told him not to take auto attack and take the last hits.

Arkanius

Guys I'm having lots of fun with Omniknight carry:

Soul Ring, Armlet, Power Treads, Heavens Halberd, Skull Basher, Assault Cuirass is usually how I roll.

To much sadness from my team, I can't do this unless I'm with a stack otherwise I get reported.

Last night I won a 4v5 (the guy came back after 20 minutes but was too far behind to contribute) with Spectre, and kept my 20-game winstreak with her alive.

I was worried because with Puck abandoning due to inactivity we had no initiation and our supports were too far behind, but the other team got overconfident and spent the whole time flaming in all-chat instead of taking objectives. AA and WD both got aghs and I got to farm a radiance pretty much unmolested, and the combination of our 3 ultimates meant that we wiped on every team fight no matter what, and Huskar died too fast for him to matter. I took a risk and didn't get a BKB, but after I got butterfly and 2 hearts there was no way they could kill me. Tanking a Lina Aghs Ulti and only losing a quarter of my life felt amazing.

Reported for harassment.

Who can realistically challenge Secret for the DAC?

I think VG, EG, and BG can all realistically beat Secret in the bracket. I think Puppey just has a huge advantage in terms of having his team being comfortable with a lot of heroes that are strong in the meta, but I'm not convinced that they're always going to execute better than their opponents.

Syn23

VG for sure.
They almost beat Secret in the group stage.

RTZ is quite obviously very good, but he isn't always flawless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom