• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dota is trending on twitter(on my place anyways) just because of this show.
jAy5UwF.jpg

manfestival

Does anyone have a link of where I can find the progression and results of the 1v1 tourny? I looked on the liquipedia but I couldnt find anything(prob cause I suck at searching for stuff)

Maybe because that is where his family is from? He seems to have only lived in America for a few short years. I believe his dad's job brought them here.

i dunno that much about him but i figured it was something like rtz where he was really young or something

if hes a citizen they should list him as american

it doesnt really matter i guess just curious

52club

Was this posted? Making the rounds on twitter.

People still picking this up when I thought it's time was over more than a year ago lol

Damn they have taken several steps back in multiple areas over the past year when you think about it. It is too bad because I think we are at a really good spot for entertaining play across multiple skill levels.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Damn they have taken several steps back in multiple areas over the past year when you think about it. It is too bad because I think we are at a really good spot for entertaining play across multiple skill levels.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/2un83l/what_happened_valve_seriously_its_like_were_in_a/

I can't say I really disagree with anything this guy said. The core game is as good or better than ever but damn near everything surrounding it is just a mess. I really don't understand what they're doing.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/2un83l/what_happened_valve_seriously_its_like_were_in_a/

I can't say I really disagree with anything this guy said. The core game is as good or better than ever but damn near everything surrounding it is just a mess. I really don't understand what they're doing.

Focusing on moving the game to Source 2, than spending time fixing the game for Source. Server issues are far more complicated than people realize, though need to be addressed.

Quesa

i mean im pretty sure you can fix servers in like your free time on a weekend i dunno

im not an expert tho

I like to volunteer down at the goodwill every weekend and help fix people's servers in my free time. The homeless people with servers down there are really nice to me.

Big Dog

Focusing on moving the game to Source 2, than spending time fixing the game for Source. Server issues are far more complicated than people realize, though need to be addressed.

Yeah this transition to Source 2 is hopefully their top priority. Wouldn't want to change game engines for your companies number one steam game and have it cause more instantaneous problems. Hopefully once we have a new engine the heavens will open up and bug fixes will start raining upon us all. But I don't expect much from them until Source 2 is out.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I'm not even talking about the servers really. I know fuck all about server infrastructure so I won't pretend to.

The game is just filled to the brim with little disconnected things that were supposed to be features but never became them and now are useless. Crafting was supposed to be one of their marquee features, and now it's nonexistent. The economy was practically burned down. Cosmetic/chest prices make no sense and you can't sell or trade anything. We have a new "drop system" which involves zero drops. It's just a mess. I don't know how else to describe it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
DOTA2 is for them to experiment with. I think this was pretty obvious from the get go. Both TF2 and DOTA2 was where they tested all their crazy ideas about hats and hat economies and hat sweatshops.

I get that it's frustrating but in a way it's also really cool. I enjoy running around my guinea pig maze of hats.

People still picking this up when I thought it's time was over more than a year ago lol

LOOL his laugh is amazing. didn't read like half of the captions because I was laughing so hard.

The item drop system and trading system is garbage now.
I have not encountered much server issues in EUW. So saying Valve is not caring about servers at all or the servers are 'BROKEN!!!!' just because they are poop in USW or USE is an over-exaggeration.

FACE

Banned
LOOL his laugh is amazing. didn't read like half of the captions because I was laughing so hard.

I have not encountered much server issues in EUW. So saying Valve is not caring about servers at all or the servers are 'BROKEN!!!!' just because they are poop in USW or USE is an over-exaggeration.

SA servers have been fine as well.

Also, I don't really give a shit about item drops or whatever just as long as my NBA Jam announcer works.

Acinixys

This is amazing

Had to watch it twice cause I was laughing so hard

Yes to drops and trading being garbage

Would like to add that the South African server has literally 0 issues

In the last year I have had only one game not count due to network conditions

Guess its only the high traffic servers (America and EU) that are getting butt blasted

Demoli

DOTA2 is for them to experiment with. I think this was pretty obvious from the get go. Both TF2 and DOTA2 was where they tested all their crazy ideas about hats and hat economies and hat sweatshops.

I get that it's frustrating but in a way it's also really cool. I enjoy running around my guinea pig maze of hats.

See, TF2 seemed like much more of an expirament than Dota, which seemed the application of what they learned from TF2.

But then stuff like the new drop system happened, which was a downgrade in almost every aspect.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

I found the laugh really annoying. It was ammusing the first time I saw that type of video, but this is the 4th this week.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
See, TF2 seemed like much more of an expirament than Dota, which seemed the application of what they learned from TF2.

TF2 was alpha. Dota 2 is beta. You can tell this is true because the folder is still called beta.

Acinixys

Ive had to disable all my add ons because the Dota client is telling me that VAC is detecting dodgy stuff

Goodbye NBA announcer and Legion Mortal Kombat duel sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom