• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bounchfx

okay holy shit. I just watched the end of C9 vs LGD. How the hell did Envy, alone, out damage LGD'd entire team destroying the ancient? wat

Hylian7

That's cool, is it able to spot junglers or no? Seems tricky to spot.

slheueg.png

Apparently so. I did in fact jungle.

thats really nifty. Kinda want DB+ but could never justify buying it for myself.

I bought it for a month and couldn't justify it for a second. It's fun, but it didn't provide me of anything of value I thought. If they had like a big grid I could map different values to and edit on a game by game basis (see last hits across all my natures prophet games by time for example) I think it would be totally worth it, but item times by themselves and a graph keeping track of my mmr doesn't give me anything I want.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Really? I am losing my Sand King dududu Sandstorm and shit? I don't think I can function with default item icons anymore.

I guess Valve wants to protect from cheating, but also from using their own hats as they wish like TF2 did (IIRC). Honestly would rather play with vpk cheaters and have mod support.

9bWmdCC.png

NBtoaster

I bought it for a month and couldn't justify it for a second. It's fun, but it didn't provide me of anything of value I thought. If they had like a big grid I could map different values to and edit on a game by game basis (see last hits across all my natures prophet games by time for example) I think it would be totally worth it, but item times by themselves and a graph keeping track of my mmr doesn't give me anything I want.

They actually unlocked the trends graphs for mmr/kda etc to unpaid users.

Big Dog

Really? I am losing my Sand King dududu Sandstorm and shit? I don't think I can function with default item icons anymore.

I guess Valve wants to protect from cheating, but also from using their own hats as they wish like TF2 did (IIRC). Honestly would rather play with vpk cheaters and have mod support.

Yeah I don't know what to do without custom item icons. I have an issue with phase boots facing the same direction as the others and everything looks so bland now compared to the more colorful and detailed icons I was used to. Bet that means they will monetize that shit too and start selling custom item packs, the worst and most annoying plan ever.

Nothing at all can beat the look of these (besides combining parts of the separate packs this guy makes). THE PIPE OF INSIGHT IS SOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL and just look at that awesome headdress!!!

New Patch is up!

Official Changelog

Added a new launch option -enable_addons that lets you override a whitelist of files that we will be populating (currently supporting Minimap, HUD related elements, Icons and VO)
Patch Information

Update to the override_vpk change from earlier: "To ensure match integrity, using -override_vpk is not permitted when matchmaking. Use -enable_addons instead.

Big Dog

PSA: Use the BRAND NEW LAUNCH OPTION -enable_addons to have most of your mods back in working order!!! As of now this brings back our beloved Minimap, HUD related elements, Icons and VO mods.

Manus

Yeah I don't know what to do without custom item icons. I have an issue with phase boots facing the same direction as the others and everything looks so bland now compared to the more colorful and detailed icons I was used to. Bet that means they will monetize that shit too and start selling custom item packs, the worst and most annoying plan ever.

Nothing at all can beat the look of these (besides combining parts of the separate packs this guy makes). THE PIPE OF INSIGHT IS SOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL and just look at that awesome headdress!!!

You like these better? Most of them look like shit.

Quesa

Just what happened last night? I see two of the games were about an hour, did something else make it drag on?

Someone (either on the cast team or in the stream) made a joke about the tiebreakers never breaking and going into the year 2035. The crew basically acted that out as the intro to the stream.

eznark

Banned
I kind of wish Tong Fu and CDEC really did play a 20 year series. These games are fucking awesome and sloppy and funny as shit.

manfestival

just finished watching akame ga kill... not sure how I feel about the anime and how it handled things but it was a cool show I suppose

┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┏(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_-)┓┏(-_- )┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┏(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┗(-_-┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┏(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛

TUSR

Banned
just finished watching akame ga kill... not sure how I feel about the anime and how it handled things but it was a cool show I suppose

┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┏(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_-)┓┏(-_- )┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┏(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┗(-_-┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┏(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛

nah

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The difference between Dayquil and Nyquil is the dosage, Nyquil is the stronger of the two. Bruno plz.

What are the DAC time-ratings BTS are talking about?

Also, jugg can be countered by ghost scepter and omniknight's ult.

Basically, this is the last round of Tie Breakers, since they went 1-1-1 last time. If it goes 1-1-1, or 2-2-0, the team that wins the fastest goes on.

patapuf

What carry exactly counterpicks jugg? I didn't want to pick PA because of Skywrath, wasn't sure what straight up beats jugg as far as carries go?

Aren't illustion carries pretty good against him? I want to try chaos knight. If only he could farm better.

Satch

Banned
is there a way to make lobbies save replays

me and my ex-popgaf peoples did an inhouse vs each other and it was amazing but the replay didnt save :(

i need to know for future reference ty :)

I asked and no one said anything!

I dunno how many people not in this thread care, or if it will just transplant us into gaming for a few days.

Although these finals should be killer.

I don't think there's a lot of interest (outside of people already posting in this thread) for a DOTA tournament that takes place in the middle of the night for most people who visit this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom