• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pachuco

B86zAzbCMAA2NyW.jpg:large

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/02/03/starcraft-2-editor-warcraft-iii/
SC2 getting dota heroes

I was really disappointed when I clicked that link and realized that SC wasn't Soul Caliber. Dota 2 heros in Soul Caliber would be awesome!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I feel like if Valve/Icefrog made a bard hero, he should do absolutely no supporting to fuck with standard fantasy troops. Needs to be a melee hero who hits people with his instruments.

Kard8p3

i think this might be the week i actually uninstall dota.

My hillbilly ass at&t internet cant keep handling this bullshit.

I'm so fucking angry rofl.

Big Dog

I got to thinking about the Immortals Valve will release in the TI chest this summer and I would bet we might see Troll Warlords first cosmetic appear then. That is unless he gets minced into pieces by the nerf stick. Last year we got Undying's first item and I'm sure they would be glad to make the first item for Troll and have teams show it off in gold or whatnot if he is still a meta pick at that point. I enjoy seeing nice and creative cosmetics for heroes that have little to no available cosmetics.

Vade

I have learned so much about the Japan through dota gaf. I learned what waifu was, what kawaii is, and that any question can be answered with a japanime gif, Truly my knowledge has been expanded.

manfestival

between watching cross ange and playing hyperneptunia. I think I finally have found something strong enough to make me not play dota 2

such a good time to be alive

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Anime is When Supernatural Battles Become Commonplace.

The_Poet

Banned
How do you guys deal with Slarks in solo pub games?

I cant think of a hero that properly counters him, only hero combinations, which unreliable in solo queue.

PA? TA?

Hylian7

I cant think of a hero that properly counters him, only hero combinations, which unreliable in solo queue.

PA? TA?
AoE stuns you can throw without vision work, like Lina or Leshrac. Basically if you can catch him off guard in that ulti and disable him for the duration of it, you can kill him when it's over.

Another unorthodox one from personal experience is Pudge, you can easily make the hook if he ults to escape, and it is pure damage, so if he does it with low health, the hook damage can probably kill him.

patapuf

PA? TA?

Bloodseeker, burst/aoe stuns.

But if Slark is fed, there's really no way around teamwork to kill him.

The_Poet

Banned
Bloodseeker, burst/aoe stuns.

But if Slark is fed, there's really no way around teamwork to kill him.

AoE stuns you can throw without vision work, like Lina or Leshrac. Basically if you can catch him off guard in that ulti and disable him for the duration of it, you can kill him when it's over.

Another unorthodox one from personal experience is Pudge, you can easily make the hook if he ults to escape, and it is pure damage, so if he does it with low health, the hook damage can probably kill him.

The problem with burst is that a single hero generally cant kill him in one cycle, especially with dark pact. Then he ulties and gets all his HP back.

The only reliable way I've found is to out farm him, but if he's feeding on your team-mates is hard.

I used to pick Lion or Shadow Shaman against Slark but now I think unless you somehow get a fast blink he can just dark pact off the hex and burst you down. I think you're better off picking tanky supports like Ogre or Jakiro.

I used to pick Lion or Shadow Shaman against Slark but now I think unless you somehow get a fast blink he can just dark pact off the hex and burst you down. I think you're better off picking tanky supports like Ogre or Jakiro.
You can impale or hex, wait for pact to remove the stun if used or suck off his mana while stunned.

EDIT: wrong thread

Slark is actually really squishy early on and has problems with sustain. If he can't maintain his advantage and get his gank tools before people start grouping up he isn't amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom