• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

I know milkman don't post here no more, but he has the same birthday as my dad. Coincidence?

Omniknight.png

Patch up!
http://redd.it/2uslv5

killmewithfire said:

JC Sera

Fixed Geminate Attack being able to hit units that are very far from Weaver
Well thats how you get valve to solve bugs, make a funny youtube video about it.

Added a new option to the Settings panel to reduce screen flashing. This option disables the flash on Thundergod's Wrath and lessens the flashing with Razor’s ability effects.
But this is pretty cool.
Even though they probably should have done it already.

Big Dog

I'm fairly surprised that Starladder courier managed to push its way into the game. The courier looks much much nicer than the quality that it had on the workshop though. Must be some nicer textures or something. Used to look much more rounded and low res, but now it has nice detail.

at first I saw "disable right clicking on minimap" and was happy because I always do that accidentally with the edge-pan and sometimes it costs me my life
ijsDb3AMmTY3R.png

...but then I realized I use it legitimately for tons of things, especially illusions/helm/micro stuff where it's absolutely necessary
ijsDb3AMmTY3R.png

I can't win
ijsDb3AMmTY3R.png

TUSR

Banned
at first I saw "disable right clicking on minimap" and was happy because I always do that accidentally with the edge-pan and sometimes it costs me my life
ijsDb3AMmTY3R.png

...but then I realized I use it legitimately for tons of things, especially illusions/helm/micro stuff where it's absolutely necessary
ijsDb3AMmTY3R.png

I can't win
ijsDb3AMmTY3R.png

a+click them on the minimap then

Skab

ijsDb3AMmTY3R.png

ijsDb3AMmTY3R.png

I can't win
ijsDb3AMmTY3R.png

Swap the map to the other corner?

Or is that too league for you?

nothing's too league for me (except maybe league itself)

I usually a-click with illusions but if I want to stack ancients with a creep or scout with visage birds (or move them out of harm's way) or use the lycan wolves smartly or move the beastmaster boar away from enemies or whatever it would just be a disaster

Voshond

Neo Member
ijsDb3AMmTY3R.png

ijsDb3AMmTY3R.png

I can't win
ijsDb3AMmTY3R.png

There's a different setting for that: "dota_minimap_misclick_time [milliseconds]"
Right clicks will only register if your mouse has been above the minimap for x milliseconds. Prevents accidental clicks but still lets you use the minimap for movement. Default value is 200 ms.

Hylian7

Why do I always get the dumbasses in ranked that actively sabotage me? I get them almost every fucking game.

It is beyond frustrating when I have to lose 25 MMR and there is nothing I can do about it because shitters like to sabotage our team.

so i was watching a random game and checking out their hud skins, and i noticed that the direstone one doesnt appear to have a little frame around the stash thingy? i like that, but then i went to buy it and it was two bucks.

what other skin out there doesn't have that frame?

Hylian7

It's pretty good.

There is a part where the main character says:

"You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. You run into assholes all day, you’re the asshole."

Pretty, pretty, pretty, prettyyyy gooood.

This is Dota. That shit gets thrown out the window here.

It's pretty good.

There is a part where the main character says:

"You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. You run into assholes all day, you’re the asshole."

Pretty, pretty, pretty, prettyyyy gooood.

Justified is so good.

The anus is on you Hylian7.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i played a game where their supports (ogre and oracle) rushed boots of travel

is this some kind of troll thing

52club

You can be an asshole and the others still be poor players. One doesn't necessarily exclude the other. As someone that pretty much exclusively is in the solo que...I agree with most of your comments. Also I'm cool with being the asshole with the facts on my side. Rather than the idiot who is friendly to everyone.

Wok

You can be an asshole and the others still be poor players. One doesn't necessarily exclude the other. As someone that pretty much exclusively is in the solo que...I agree with most of your comments. Also I'm cool with being the asshole with the facts on my side. Rather than the idiot who is friendly to everyone.

Being friendly can be an asset too. Dota is not just about skills.

Hylian7

Basically this case one of my teammates was both.

During picking a guy shadows on Warlock on safe lane, Okay, I pick Jugg. Then he switches to Void and says "I was there first, I'm still picking void", and now our lineup is screwed. I say "Well Void could go top since offlane void is a thing", but him and Earthshaker gang up on me and call me a tard for "having too much pride to go top" I'll get absolutely nothing up there.

How does this make me an asshole.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
You can offlane Jugg, you need to realize that arguing with pubs gets you nowhere at all. Sometimes you just need to accept the situation and deal with it.

Hylian7

You can offlane Jugg, you need to realize that arguing with pubs gets you nowhere at all. Sometimes you just need to accept the situation and deal with it.

But basically at that point you've cut off your chances of winning by doing dumb lanes now because your teammates won't be reasonable. We all know offlane jugg is quite awful, and would get almost no farm.

Hylian7

arguing about lane comp in pubs is going to get u nowhere lol

It gets you the same place as doing dumb lanes instead: losing the game.

hylian

dont play with randos

Can't raise solo MMR without it unfortunately. Often I do stack with people, but sometimes I play solo games and those tend to be the worst.

Also, random Storm question: Can you pull during zip or not?

I tried to zip through a chrono and pull Void so he would stop whacking our team during the chrono but just ended up stuck in it. If I remember corretly I don't think I had enough mana to get through it to the other side in this situation. We still won the game, but was just a thing I was wondering about.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
But basically at that point you've cut off your chances of winning by doing dumb lanes now because your teammates won't be reasonable. We all know offlane jugg is quite awful, and would get almost no farm.

You're not at the level where bad lanes will lose you games out right. But approaching games with a negative attitude and arguing with your team will.

Hylian7

You're not at the level where bad lanes will lose you games out right. But approaching games with a negative attitude and arguing with your team will.

I've had plenty of games where bad lanes have lost my team or the other team the game, or good lanes won my team or the other team the game. I have a hard time believing you can say "bad lanes don't matter" at any level whether 1k or 10k MMR

sixghost

I've had plenty of games where bad lanes have lost my team or the other team the game, or good lanes won my team or the other team the game. I have a hard time believing you can say "bad lanes don't matter" at any level whether 1k or 10k MMR

You should try to be a more flexible player. One glance at your dotabuff tells me that you don't like to stray too far out of your comfort zone.

they matter SOOOOOOOO much less than you think they do

from a frequent ar player trust me on this

theres like 'i watch pro games this is 95% efficiency laning' and then theres 'whatever we can make this work 70% efficiency' and people like to group that in with 'this is ass and in no way works 5% efficiency' (which im not convinced exists)

theres like 'i watch pro games this is 95% efficiency laning' and then theres 'whatever we can make this work 70% efficiency' and people like to group that in with 'this is ass and in no way works 5% efficiency' (which im not convinced exists)

I wasn't on board with this at first but it is true. I've raged a lot in the past about heroes not going in the lane they're "supposed to", but a lot of shit just works. In random pubs player skill makes most of the difference in lane, not the heroes. Sure, I just went offlane with a Silencer as LC vs Sven + Tiny so they didn't really have a chance, but I'm sure that if 2 better players were there they could have done more than they did(I got total free farm and they barely got exp).

Most important thing is to stay open minded, anything can work.

Hylian7

You should try to be a more flexible player. One glance at your dotabuff tells me that you don't like to stray too far out of your comfort zone.

When I play unranked with my stack I've been randoming lately. I stay in my comfort zone in ranked because it gives us the best chance at winning. I don't see the issue with that.

AR is a whole different beast and doesn't apply to AP. AR you have to work with what you have, but you can't take the same strat into AP and expect it to work against competent lanes.

If your offlane Anti-Mage feeds 5 deaths in 5 minutes and has 0 last hits, you cannot tell me that does not matter at all. There are lanes that are totally terrible, almost any dual hard carry lane is awful. An extreme example, but Anti-Mage Medusa for instance, would be legitimately terrible.

JC Sera

With lanes I think its a lot more important who you are against than which one you are in. Which heroes will be in which lanes is pretty predetermined, but its pretty interesting to watch when its not what you/the other side expected and they don't know how to deal with it. Changing up lanes is a pretty important part of shifting meta
fuck offlane void

edit: fucking wow
http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/2usgj8/seems_like_a_lot_of_servers_just_went_down/coba74b

Night_Hand

Neo Member
Also, random Storm question: Can you pull during zip or not?

I tried to zip through a chrono and pull Void so he would stop whacking our team during the chrono but just ended up stuck in it. If I remember corretly I don't think I had enough mana to get through it to the other side in this situation. We still won the game, but was just a thing I was wondering about.

I am storm pro i give answer. You can indeed pull during ball lightning, but it isn't the easiest thing, because if you overshoot the hero (most often void), and you don't cancel the action storm will turn around and try and walk to void while the sphere is up. I've done it before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom