• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lineup for the All-Stars match tomorrow, teams haven't been decided yet.

• Puppey
  • Arteezy
  • Chuan
  • Dendi
  • Ferrari
  • BurNIng
  • Black
  • Fear
  • Mushi
  • Maybe
What's the deal with BTS not being at DAC? Seems a bit wierd for them to get the rights if their not even going to attend the event. Kinda feels like it detracts from the magnitute of the event.
Honestly I'm pretty sure the production would have been terrible if BTS was here on site. I don't even know where they would put them.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Daw, I was hoping Envy would make the All Star game again. Though I guess he didn't really do anything the last time.

What mode are they playing the match in?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i think it says a lot about what kind of game dota is that the bot matches are designed to be as annoying and frustrating as possible rather than be any fun

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
the worst is that if you're soloing hard or unfair bots your teammates will relentlessly feed for that realistic touch

bots with a 5 stack can be cute though

yes, and if you're not having a great game, your bots suddenly become amazing and will win

basically the way to win bot matches is to either split push and break the ai, or play so badly that your teammates win the game for you

it's just [edit] not designed to be fun

Radec

Lineup for the All-Stars match tomorrow, teams haven't been decided yet.

• Puppey
  • Arteezy
  • Chuan
  • Dendi
  • Ferrari
  • BurNIng
  • Black
  • Fear
  • Mushi
  • Maybe

God I hope we get some serious/try hard all-stars with their best heroes and not crap heroes like Techies.

I'm probably in a minority who want that.

bbd23

14 more days until new doto engine pit lord and winter wyvern

┗(^_^)┛┏(^_^ )┛┏(^_^)┓┗(-^_^ )┓

Went to bed after C9's 322.

Any of the other games must watch on VODs?

haha same here. Such a fantastic match to go to bed to. Based on the results of the following match, it was really close too. another 50minute+ game

Second game was long but not close nor as exciting as the first (they broke their spirits in game 1!)

IMO
-Game 1 Navi vs EG was fun
with some PA KAPOW crits
-Game 1 VG vs HR
was a showcase of VG not giving two shits about getting counter picked and showing off their skills.

PS the spoilers above are just short description

Considering last year we had a balance patch, 2 heroes, a new game mode and a seasonable event with a big update just a few weeks before it's definitely possible

I'd love it. I'm not saying they've disappointed us a lot but I've disappointed myself a lot by getting way too hype. This would be the perfect time to do it as I'm guessing they won't be doing anything from the moment TI5 qualifiers start until after TI5(and then some).

I want my Wyvern but balance patches get me the most hype of all.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I'd love it. I'm not saying they've disappointed us a lot but I've disappointed myself a lot by getting way too hype. This would be the perfect time to do it as I'm guessing they won't be doing anything from the moment TI5 qualifiers start until after TI5(and then some).

I want my Wyvern but balance patches get me the most hype of all.

Yeah, while 6.83 is pretty recent, I think right after a big tournament like DAC is the perfect time for a smaller 6.84 to hit so the frog can experiment with some underpicked heroes and then work out the kinks with a 6.85 just before TI in June/July. If TI qualis are going to be played on 6.83, they are going to be a complete borefest as everyone will just copy whatever strat worked best at DAC for the next few months (which looks to be Secret's style of play). Happens after every major tournament.

I'd also really like to see Radiant advantage balanced out before TI, in the past you still had a 50-50 winrate split between dire/radiant (even at tournaments) because first pick counterbalanced the dire advantage. Now, both radiant and second pick have something like a 60% winrate at tournaments, which means getting first pick isn't mitigating radiant advantage at all.

Acinixys

Yeah, while 6.83 is pretty recent, I think right after a big tournament like DAC is the perfect time for a smaller 6.84 to hit so the frog can experiment with some underpicked heroes and then work out the kinks with a 6.85 just before TI in June/July. If TI qualis are going to be played on 6.83, they are going to be a complete borefest as everyone will just copy whatever strat worked best at DAC for the next few months (which looks to be Secret's style of play). Happens after every major tournament.

I'd also really like to see Radiant advantage balanced out before TI, in the past you still had a 50-50 winrate split between dire/radiant (even at tournaments) because first pick counterbalanced the dire advantage. Now, both radiant and second pick have something like a 60% winrate at tournaments, which means getting first pick isn't mitigating radiant advantage at all.

Dire team all start with an aegis

Fixed

Didn't that happen anyway during last qualifiers though? Every fucking team spammed Mirana and even though she was always first pick she had like a 60% winrate. I'd rather not see that sort of thing either.

On Radiant side advantage, I actually barely see a reason to want to play on Dire now that the Rosh advantage is so marginal compared to Radiant's superior laning(especially mid and offlane). I wonder what IF is going to do about it, either improve Dire laning some more or somehow give Dire more of a lategame advantage without it being Rosh(have no idea how this would work).

What are radiant's lane advantages?

It is way easier to gank Dire mid than Radiant mid, this has to do with the paths you can take when smoking(or not smoking). Also Radiant mid can stack ancients.

Radiant offlane has a much easier time surviving than Dire offlane. This might actually not be true anymore since the last patch that changed the map(added trees for dire offlane) and the changed creep equilibrium(closer to offlaners) but I think it's still true.

There might have been some other stuff but I can't really remember. edit: what Xanavi says is also true.

The big hill ward sees the ancients, tier 1 tower and all the surrounding area and the two main routes to rosh (see: C9 vs VG Summit 2 final) The ancients must be pulled towards mid tower to be stacked more than 2 times with its stupid big box while radiant ancient is the easiest camp to stack in the game and can be stacked safely by multiple ways.

imo they could add a route from tier 1 to ancients and lower the super ward hill.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
They need to make it so the spawn box of the dire ancients dies not extend to the stairs. Is stupid that it does and make it impossible to stack unnoticed.

They need to make it so the spawn box of the dire ancients dies not extend to the stairs. Is stupid that it does and make it impossible to stack unnoticed.

they could also increase the entire ancient area elevation to match the stairs/secret shop height and have the stairs below it.

Big Dog

Maybe they should just rotate the whole map by 90 degrees

Unless your plan is to give the dire the advantage, the map should only be rotated 45 degrees. That way the two ancients would be across from each other. New problem is the map is shaped like a diamond (and assuming you mean to rotate it clockwise). I bet if they ever added an option for a player to choose their fixed perspective, no one would every use this. Almost like how no one must flip their HUD so the map is in the bottom right, unless you were previously a LoL player or some shit.

Quesa

What if you could go underground with pirate ships and there were bushes to hide in and you could climb towers to reveal parts of the map and get side missions

Tieske

Neo Member
Has been said before, but I hope that the next balance patch is a bit more focussed on nerfs rather than buffing. Feel like the vast majority of the pool is viable enough to the extent that some well placed nerfs might lead to shifts

and ya radiant is too stronk but i doubt we will see more big map changes (for now)

I'd rather see most heroes untouched except for some that really need it(read: Axe, Lion, etc). I'd like to see buffs to heroes that barely or never see the light of day. Alch, CK, DK, Huskar, KotL, Lesh, Naix, Sylla, Pugna, Riki, Slardar, Sven, TB, Tinker, Undying, Ursa.

Some of those heroes need bigger buffs than others.

I'd rather see most heroes untouched except for some that really need it(read: Axe, Lion, etc). I'd like to see buffs to heroes that barely or never see the light of day. Alch, CK, DK, Huskar, KotL, Lesh, Naix, Sylla, Pugna, Riki, Slardar, Sven, TB, Tinker, Undying, Ursa.

Some of those heroes need bigger buffs than others.

It should be determined if they they're rarely touched because they're weak...or if they're just not flavor of the month. We didn't see heroes like Warlock much until MVP brought sexy back. If not for MVP stylin on people with Warlock, he might have made your list because of being underplayed.

While I agree heroes like Slar need some love, I'm not convinced many of the others do. I think people would just rather play other heroes right now.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder when Battle Furry will actually get a rework pushed, there is evidence in the files that Icefrog has tried at least two different variations of it and shelved them before release. The item is super great on like 4 heroes and pretty mediocre on the rest of the pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom