• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

MoNz5cv.gif

Dat swap

inkls

Seriously tho. Why diss battlefury on Bounty Hunter if the other popular build is to rush Desolator. Only 250 gold in difference and deso made sense when bh's ult had negative armor. Now with the cooldown buff on track I think it makes sense to have an item that gives you some mana regen. Its not like battlefury gives 0 damage. Its +65, thats not nothing in terms of damage for your crit. Unless you're going against a ton of low armor enemies, bfury makes more sense than deso imo.

Thoughts?

GorillaJu

I don't understand how banning works here. Like Steve made an on topic post where most of us assume he is joking and he got banned, but there are half a dozen off-topic posts and they are just looked over.

This is a community thread. We're allowed to act like a community.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Seriously tho. Why diss battlefury on Bounty Hunter if the other popular build is to rush Desolator. Only 250 gold in difference and deso made sense when bh's ult had negative armor. Now with the cooldown buff on track I think it makes sense to have an item that gives you some mana regen. Its not like battlefury gives 0 damage. Its +65, thats not nothing in terms of damage for your crit. Unless you're going against a ton of low armor enemies, bfury makes more sense than deso imo.

Thoughts?
Get Bfury so you get FREE 1000 GOLD to buy medallion which is FREE KILLS

GorillaJu

Thoughts?

-armor on track wasn't really that high to begin with, and you don't need to stack -armor items for them to be useful.

BH isn't going to sit auto attacking and cleaving in a team fight, he's a dash-in, dash-out type, so the usefulness of cleave won't go beyond the initial hit out of stealth, where desolator amplifies the damage the rest of your team does to the targets you tag.

The +damage isn't worth the money, and there are other items which increase your mana regen but have more usefulness outside of farming, like urn of shadows, Eul's, etc.

FACE

Banned

Thoughts?

Orchid.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
-armor on track wasn't really that high to begin with, and you don't need to stack -armor items for them to be useful.

BH isn't going to sit auto attacking and cleaving in a team fight, he's a dash-in, dash-out type, so the usefulness of cleave won't go beyond the initial hit out of stealth, where desolator amplifies the damage the rest of your team does to the targets you tag.
Yeah but you can farm enemy jungle with BF #worth

inkls

The +damage isn't worth the money, and there are other items which increase your mana regen but have more usefulness outside of farming, like urn of shadows, Eul's, etc.

You could argue its a poor man's Kunkka, but I see your point.

Well yeah.

Thoughts?

You don't rush either. For mana issues you get a bottle or drums or both(or even basi/aquila). I usually go Phase>Bottle>Drums>Vlads>BKB/MKB/Deso(usually all three but the order depends on the game), with that build you almost never have mana problems and a BF is never necessary. Another reason to get Deso over BF is that it does way more single target damage(which is what BH is all about), BF is a farming tool, which ideally BH should never have to do, he's a hero killer, not a creep killer.

Sianos

there are OTHER threads? I hardly ever leave this thread.

Also how do I win with shadow fiend when axe, jugg, and troll are all top picks
I love playing Phantom Lancer against Juggernaut: you can bait out Omnislash and then disjoint it with Dopplewalk, micro illusions to safely charge the healing ward, and drain his mediocre mana pool. He also works well against Troll's single target focus, can drain his very low mana pool, and dispell the blind (and slow) effect from Whirling Axes. However, Axe can be a pretty strong counter with call holding you in place and spin proccing off of illusions.

Edit 1 OH you said "how do you win with Shadow Fiend" not against MY BAD

Edit 2 And I didn't even address Shadow Fiend, I just get really excited about ruining Omnislashes OKAY

inkls

hmm, wasn`t there someone who posted in the gaf thread a few weeks ago with a pic of the same name and account avatar?

Kard8p3

holy fuck that dac hud is hella tight... i think it has replaced brood hunter as my favorite :(

edit omg vg vs secret what a time to be alive

BHK3

Banned
Seriously though, was taht Pudge really as useless as the scoreboard makes him look?
Yes he was, missed every hook and it got to the point where hooking was bad cause they are tanky str heros that love gold.
I knew where techies was putting mines and so scouted each of his gank spots.

He put them all in the same spots and never blew them when we needed them in fights, only when he was 'baiting' someone not to mention he was raging hardcore all game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom