• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHAT HAPPENED ? WHAT FIGHT? STUPID SERVER DOTATV AKJGFBKAGBIUEGNE!!!!!!

Rave smoked, BG took off their headphones so they could hear crowd/casters, BG won fight

B9P5wq-CQAAT7Nt.jpg:large

kasane

again whats new

i still remember that one video where they were so blatant on removing the sound proofing headphones

lmao

Ianan

Seeing these reports on BG really pisses me off I've contributed money towards this tournament. Don't want to support the scene at all when shady shit like that is happening.

How exactly do you punish someone for not having headphones on properly?

By giving the other team the win? I mean surely it's written in the rules of the tournament that soundproof headphones have to be on at all times (although it's China so wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't)

Its not like ti 4 was the bastion of sound proofing as well

There's a difference between everyone being able to hear something and one team being able to hear something

By giving the other team the win? I mean surely it's written in the rules of the tournament that soundproof headphones have to be on at all times (although it's China so wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't)

My point is that the players could just say that the headphones slipped off at that particular time.

Not to mention that sound seems to be an issue in general at this tournament. Remember seeing Ice x 3 saying that he could hear the Chinese casters.

As far as I could see BG never really behaved like they were aware of Smoke ganks. Most of the ones they avoided they were almost within vision range of each other but happened to pass each other by.

And that last one they flat out caught Burning dead to rights.

Demoli

Yeah, I dont think it was a cheating action per se, just wearing thode bulky things for 100 min is exhausting and leave your hears burning.

Plus, its not like they dodged the last smoke, and the previous ones just barely missed.

kasane

Ee sama take my energy

There's a difference between everyone being able to hear something and one team being able to hear something

You seriously think rave couldnt hear anything?

Yeah, I dont think it was a cheating action per se, just wearing thode bulky things for 100 min is exhausting and leave your hears burning.

Plus, its not like they dodged the last smoke, and the previous ones just barely missed.

To be fair isn't it more about perception? I mean if something can be perceived as cheating or being unfair then you shouldn't do it

It's like how Valve have come down on cheating in the CS:GO scene, you can't bet at all on any team if you want to play at Valve tournaments

You seriously think rave couldnt hear anything?

I seriously think BG could hear more, I mean at this stage why bother with the headphones at all? If there's going to be headphones then both teams should wear them. I just think both teams should be on a level playing field

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom