• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.ZZZ

STop saying Jugg need nerf the hero fucking sucks and got high win rate in pubs because no one below 4k actually buy items that make the hero useless like eul or ghost, nor they understand that the hero's a fucking melee glass cannon.

STop saying Jugg need nerf the hero fucking sucks and got high win rate in pubs because no one below 4k actually buy items that make the hero useless like eul or ghost, nor they understand that the hero's a fucking melee glass cannon.

You see darling, there are probably more 2-3k MMRs than good ones by a long shot,

Nerfing Jugg is fair since the large majority of gamers will benefit from it.

inkls

You see darling, there are probably more 2-3k MMRs than good ones by a long shot,

Nerfing Jugg is fair since the large majority of gamers will benefit from it.

or they could do like what people did with the PA event by learning to buy mbk's and start learning how to buy ghost scepters...

Its not rocket surgery

Big Dog

I played a game last night against a Mirana/ Rubick combo that got super annoying. Rubick would lift me with Telekinesis so that Mirana could land a long range arrow then they just kick the shit out of me. The real problem I noticed was that no Sacred Arrow stun debuff showed up as affecting me after I dropped from Telekinesis lift. I couldn't tell if the bug had been posted before since the dev forum is strange to navigate. Not that it's a game breaking bug, but I do like to know exactly when I'm going to be unstunned and have the chance to walk away from being killed.

kvk1

zmSORqL.png

I can't get past this panel because she reminds of me someone

mary louise parker? no....

She looks like one of Ted Mosby's girlfriends.

The chick that made cupcakes then moved to Germany or something.

Yeah, I watched How I Met Your Mother. What of it?

I will rek u all.

Sarah Chalke

Haha, funny enough she was also one of Schmosby's GFs.

But that's not the one I'm talking about.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

He needs to be rebalanced imo, it's just fucking disgusting that the ideal build for him is now 1-1-1-1 or like 1-1-3-1 at level 8-9. I'd like icefrog to find a way to buff blade fury and perhaps rescale the crit/healing ward to encourage juggs to level up skills, but unfortunately, that's probably going to come at the cost of a weaker omnislash.

Hylian7

or they could do like what people did with the PA event by learning to buy mbk's and start learning how to buy ghost scepters...

Its not rocket surgery

The problem with these items is they are expensive and generally won't be available to you in 10 minutes, especially as a support. Both of these heroes are a pain in the ass to gank early on.

Jugg does still need some kind of nerf, PA, probably not so much, but Jugg is stupid good right now.

People saying "LOL JUST BUY A GHOST SCEPTER OR EULS" feels like what people would say to newer players having trouble with Bloodseeker: "LOL JUST TP OUT ON HIM". The major difference here is one of those solutions is 100g while the others are much more than that, and if we're talking pre-10 minutes, if things aren't going well in general that could be bad.

inkls

The problem with these items is they are expensive and generally won't be available to you in 10 minutes, especially as a support. Both of these heroes are a pain in the ass to gank early on.

Jugg does still need some kind of nerf, PA, probably not so much, but Jugg is stupid good right now.

People saying "LOL JUST BUY A GHOST SCEPTER OR EULS" feels like what people would say to newer players having trouble with Bloodseeker: "LOL JUST TP OUT ON HIM". The major difference here is one of those solutions is 100g while the others are much more than that, and if we're talking pre-10 minutes, if things aren't going well in general that could be bad.

euls and ghost are cheaper than mkb, and yet people bought mkb on literally every hero during the event.

Hylian7

euls and ghost are cheaper than mkb, and yet people bought mkb on literally every hero during the event.

Maybe it's just an issue with my own perspective then, generally a loss to one of these heroes involves one lane feeding a Jugg super hard, and even if I do buy a Euls, he's already got Aghanims which will outlast the duration of Euls and I'm dead regardless.

Regardless of this, even late game Jugg is still a monster. Assuming things were going well for both teams, he can still go toe to toe with a lot of late-game carries. But regardless he still has the capability to easily contribute early game too, with the ever popular MoM 3-crit build.

if you're a support against a jugg, you have to play around the pre-ghost/euls part of the game just like you would play around heroes like spirit breaker or nyx; stick by your cores, don't get caught out alone, ward like crazy (smoke is an OP item), and just deal until your team wins some teamfights or takes some towers and you can afford stuff

it definitely sucks to support against those kinds of heroes (also: good rikis) but it just takes some more work

of course it's also always helpful when your team understands the situation and doesn't go nuts if you happen to get caught out once or twice

Hylian7

if you're a support against a jugg, you have to play around the pre-ghost/euls part of the game just like you would play around heroes like spirit breaker or nyx; stick by your cores, don't get caught out alone, ward like crazy (smoke is an OP item), and just deal until your team wins some teamfights or takes some towers and you can afford stuff

it definitely sucks to support against those kinds of heroes (also: good rikis) but it just takes some more work

of course it's also always helpful when your team understands the situation and doesn't go nuts if you happen to get caught out once or twice

Yeah supporting vs Riki is a literal nightmare. Super hard to do in pubs, especially solo pubs, because you say "Come with me I need to place a ward" and they do nothing, then say "SAPPORT WARD NOOP RAPORT" Then you say "fuck it" and just go by yourself anyway, maybe you get the ward placed, maybe you don't, and then get caught out. Smoke does wonders (when I play support I find myself using it to ward 90% of the time, usually trying turn that into a gank, and it usually fails), but vs a Riki, if he's there your smoke is now useless.

G.ZZZ

PA confirmed unkillable and Zeus confirmed strongest hero in game.

I agree that the 1-1-1-1 build is stupid and the hero need some sort of rebalance. Since we're at it:

Bladefury
Spin magically for 80 damage per second for 5 seconds. Normal attacks while spinning deal reduced damage: 100/80/60/40% reduced damage.

The skill now actually scale decently lategame and give you a reason to level it.

Blade Stance:
Give Yurnero the ability to deal double damage on its attack or get an increased attack speed.

Power stance: 10/15/20/25% chance to crit
Speed stance: 20/30/45/65 increased attack speed (worse than crit over 160 ias)

Give the hero some build versatility in exchange for lower crit and worse lvl 1 skill.

Healing ward:
Mana cost constant 100

1-1-1-1 not as good anymore, hero probably a bit worse in general but spin is viable lategame as well as having more viable itembuilds, like going phase + crit + deso and using speed stance for the IAS.

Quesa

She looks like most of these, but I immediately thought of someone who looked like her the second I saw the image, forgot about it, and now I can't recall who it was. This is upsetting.

Elizabeth banks? Fuck. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the eyes and the way the smile's a little bent. Why can't I let this go

Mastadon

Banned
She looks like most of these, but I immediately thought of someone who looked like her the second I saw the image, forgot about it, and now I can't recall who it was. This is upsetting.

Elizabeth banks? Fuck. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the eyes and the way the smile's a little bent. Why can't I let this go

Natalie Dormer?

52club

A couple of pages back there was some discussion on if valve should throw more resources towards DOTA 2. I've been in software development for a while, and based on what I've observed it isn't only about throwing more resources towards a project. It is about applying the correct resources. If not a project can be "completed", but maybe lacking in the normal quality standards. This can cause several ugly situations.

A couple of pages back there was some discussion on if valve should throw more resources towards DOTA 2. I've been in software development for a while, and based on what I've observed it isn't only about throwing more resources towards a project. It is about applying the correct resources. If not a project can be "completed", but maybe lacking in the normal quality standards. This can cause several ugly situations.

I think they're getting as much out of the handful of people that are working on Dota2 as possible. The handful of people working on the game exceed my expectations. The problem is that there are only a handful of them.

The reason for the slow-down in game updates and hero porting (or new hero creation) is secondary to the number of people on the team. When the team was large, updates came weekly. When the team shrunk, productivity shrunk accordingly. There are only so many hours in a day and so much that can be done by a skeleton crew. While they may not be working at maximum efficiency, they're getting quite a bit done. But with a few more people, I think it's pretty clear that the collective team would be able to get quite a bit more done in the same span of time.

Also, stop posting pictures of scary blonde white women.

inkls

Make your claim on the spoils of war! Several changes have come to the Item drop system. The first change is increasing the drop rate for the existing ultra-rare drop system, which includes Full Sets, Bundles, Treasures, and more. Alongside that drop system, we are adding a new drop system that happens significantly more frequently for single items. Items that drop are not marketable, but can each be gifted one time to a friend.

Additionally, sets from Treasures will now also be giftable in the same way during their initial market/trade restricted date, so if you want to give a friend an item for his favorite hero, you will be able to use the updated gifting system.

Hylian7

PL in CM, Jugg nerfs, Axe nerfs, ancient spawn box fix for Dire....AND THIS

- Pausing is no longer allowed in Unranked All Pick if your team is connected and hasn't picked their heroes
- Pausing In matchmaking games now has a countdown timer before initiating a pause

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom