• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbd23

arc warden is coming before pit lord

facepalm.gif

Quesa

Hill priest fix, no more pausing for counter-pickers in AP, and smaller spawn box for dire ancients. This is a good patch

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, this is what I can see of the year beast mode. Each team will get their own Year Beast, and you spend points the upgrade its abilities. Its call Year Beast Brawl, it looks like it is an alternative queue on the normal map.

Your beast can seem to learn Black Hole, Chono Spear, get BoTs and an Aegis.

Big Dog

Yep, looks like Arc Warden, nice catch.

That's not true though. I agree 100% that the hidden arm/ shoulder is that concept art image, but as long as that concept art has been out, it has been attached to Oracle's model. Until Oracle came out that concept art had been his Dota 2 Wiki Profile image. So unless they used Oracle's concept model for Arc Warden, or the concept was attached to the wrong hero all along, it is strange for them to show it now.

Zeknurn

Ok, this is what I can see of the year beast mode. Each team will get their own Year Beast, and you spend points the upgrade its abilities. Its call Year Beast Brawl, it looks like it is an alternative queue on the normal map.

Your beast can seem to learn Black Hole, Chono Spear, get BoTs and an Aegis.

Pokemon Dota confirmed?

- Fixed the Hill Troll Priest in the small camp sometimes not moving when the rest of the camp was pulled by taking damage
- Fixed the Hill Troll Priest in the small camp sometimes not moving when the rest of the camp was pulled by taking damage

PATCH OF THE YEAR

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Part 3 only needed this one change

That's not true though. I agree 100% that the hidden arm/ shoulder is that concept art image, but as long as that concept art has been out, it has been attached to Oracle's model. Until Oracle came out that concept art had been his Dota 2 Wiki Profile image. So unless they used Oracle's concept model for Arc Warden, or the concept was attached to the wrong hero all along, it is strange for them to show it now.

Ah, then I remembered right. Weird. Just looking up Arc Warden concept arts, that image is now with the other one. The pic I linked above.

Lotto

I don't think the Dota 2 Wiki page is officially run by Valve so it was just random users uploading that art. I don't think Valve officially stated that concept art was for Oracle either, the community just collectively decided it was for him.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
THIS NEW BLOOM MUSIC THO!

$5 USD.

The potential Arcana from the Charm can't be the CM one, but can be any of the others.

Valve has actually not added the bulk of the new items to the client yet, they likely want to make them a surprise, or are not done picking yet.

Big Dog

I don't think the Dota 2 Wiki page is officially run by Valve so it was just random users uploading that art. I don't think Valve officially stated that concept art was for Oracle either, the community just collectively decided it was for him.

Yeah that makes sense. But I'm going to throw out the wild idea that it could be Oracle's arcana that it shows. I would like to believe more that it's Arc Warden, but could be cool to see a crazy looking Oracle too!

Zeknurn

$5 USD.

The potential Arcana from the Charm can't be the CM one, but can be any of the others.

Valve has actually not added the bulk of the new items to the client yet, they likely want to make them a surprise, or are not done picking yet.

Anything relating to custom game modes or the new version of Source?

Demoli

Considering the circumstances of last year new bloom, looking at this one is a huge, HUGE drop it quantity and quality.

Disappointed to say the least.

Lotto

Yeah that makes sense. But I'm going to throw out the wild idea that it could be Oracle's arcana that it shows. I would like to believe more that it's Arc Warden, but could be cool to see a crazy looking Oracle too!

That would be a very radical design change for an Oracle Arcana but it's possible lol. I do like the concept art though so either way I'll be happy whatever it ends up being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom