• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
158a1c4fca33b62d557975d027fb9f09.jpg

all of my yes

oh my god yes

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I feel we need more on the Lina/CM back story now, I wonder if Lina looks more reasonable compared to CM or if they are just both nuts.

GorillaJu

I am currently getting destroyed by a cheese strat I've never seen before: support Kunkka casts X on storm, storm jumps in, gets to use all his mana and gets out free.

This is bullshit :lol

Oh, and he also uses X to send him back to base for free mana refills. That you can do with anyone, but the synergy with storm's ult is just stupid. Wrecked top and bottom lanes but it didn't matter because Storm gets completely free kills wherever they have vision

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The only question at this point is how much will it cost. Will it be like PA's and be on sale for like $25, or is it going to be $35?!?!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I am currently getting destroyed by a cheese strat I've never seen before: support Kunkka casts X on storm, storm jumps in, gets to use all his mana and gets out free.

Oh, and he also uses X to send him back to base for free mana refills. That you can do with anyone, but the synergy with storm's ult is just stupid. Wrecked top and bottom lanes but it didn't matter because Storm gets completely free kills wherever they have vision
Tinker too. Too bad they were missing Omni for FREE BKB.

xanavi

That's pretty funny. You could similar stuff with tinker back when eth blade was instant and really wreak some havoc.

It's cheesy but euls prevents x's return so there is some risk involved since just about everyone is buying that item these days.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I would win any crystal maiden wars mode.

Come at me:
smile.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You can Eul's an X target just before the send back. Was a lot easier before they doubled the send back time though.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I hope we get something else tomorrow, ether the test patch flat out, or more hype. I could see Valve doing a week long hype thing this and a Friday Test.

I'm trying to get better at static farming. Does anybody have a link to a youtube guide or something? Can't seem to find anything useful via random google/reddit searches.

I can generally get the first few waves to stay at the same position in lane, but two things keep tripping me up.

1. If I screw up on making sure my friendly range creep gets killed before the next wave comes, I can't recover and the resulting double range creep just pushes hard towards the enemy tower. I tried using the click on enemy hero trick to drag a couple of lane creep over to my ranged creep, but it's always so hit-and-miss for me.

2. The wave with the catapult always screws me up. The creeps don't want to hit the catapult too, so it seems like I have to manipulate the wave such that the enemy's catapult hits my catapult, while my catapult is hitting their normal lane creeps. This eventually brings my catapult into deny range over the course of a few waves, but this process also seems really finicky for me.

I'm trying to get to the point where I can make the creep wave stationary over the entire 10 minute last-hit-challenge with PA. Any help or tips would be appreciated.

bounchfx

I hope we get something else tomorrow, ether the test patch flat out, or more hype. I could see Valve doing a week long hype thing this and a Friday Test.

yeah I could see this being a 5 parter. I hope it isn't, I really wanna see WW in game and I want to know which new bloom cosmetics are chosen before i explode

after that, it's either contentment or depression HEYO

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Also, while it shouldn't be too shocking, very high chance we will get some balance changes, there is a bunch of css set up for change logs.

I hope they don't go nuts with the balance changes. It doesn't seem that long since the last changes and I don't think you should go wild with the nerf bat based on one big LAN. Also if some underpicked heroes like Lina, Lesh or Slardar get any more buffs they might end up being another jugg.

Raytow

I hope they don't go nuts with the balance changes. It doesn't seem that long since the last changes and I don't think you should go wild with the nerf bat based on one big LAN. Also if some underpicked heroes like Lina, Lesh or Slardar get any more buffs they might end up being another jugg.

hush you, Lina needs to be op, she needs her time in the spotlight.

GorillaJu

Lesh and Lina aren't in a bad place IMO. It's okay for there to be some heroes that are highly situational. Lesh was still picked a couple of matches at DAC anyway. If they buff him in any way I think +1 base armor and maybe a buff to his STR gain is plenty for that hero.

While I think Jugg is totally stupid, I think what needs to be nerfed is his infinite sustainability. That could come in a nerf to MOM, or what I'd like to really see is a healing ward nerf, where taking damage means you heal at 35% of HW's power for a few se, so its used as recovery between battles instead of as a free Rosh.

I don't want him nerfed too hard because I really don't want to see boring ass heroes like Medusa, AM, Naga and Spectre become the go-to carries for every game. Just an adjustment that means he isn't in every single game of AP ranked would be sweet.

Axe too. He's an awesome hero, but too strong. Other beefy long laners like Centaur and Timbersaw should be back in the meta.

Smithy C

I always thought those crazy expensive arcana items were silly, but if they release a Crystal Maiden arcana, I would find it very difficult to resist.

Acinixys

They don't agressively expand (and hire grunt) because that would mess wirh their precious structure. Too bad the customers don't care about that shit, but Valve knows with being "good enough" they're still doing great.

Valve could solve that problem, but they choose not to.

Late to the party but i have to sleep while all the Americans are awake

Valve is a business, and when they look at Dota 2 and its revenue stream they do not see a problem

Last year Dota probably made about 30 MILLION DOLLARS for Valve

Sure the community is important, but not at the expense of profits

shira

Late to the party but i have to sleep while all the Americans are awake

Valve is a business, and when they look at Dota 2 and its revenue stream they do not see a problem

Last year Dota probably made about 30 MILLION DOLLARS for Valve

Sure the community is important, but not at the expense of profits

Private company, they don't have to do shit for investors. All their profit is their profit.

If EA had Dota we would be up to Dota 25: Hattaistic Combat GOTY Xtreme Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom