• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeolist

Banned
You want to give him Wisp instead? Or give S4 Brew?

It's always really hard to draft against so many strong players on one team.

if s4 doesn't get brew there's a half-dozen other heroes he can play just as well that will have a similar impact. giving him puck isn't that much better.

ET is just broken at this point and notail plays him better than anyone. he fits into any team and just rips the other side apart.

M.D

You want to give him Wisp instead? Or give S4 Brew?

It's always really hard to draft against so many strong players on one team.

I'd say the most impactful heroes for Secret are

S4 - Brew, Puck
n0tail - Wisp, Elder Titan
Fly - Tidehunter

Envy mentioned that Fly has a ridiculous score with furion so I checked his stats

He's

22-4 on tidehunter
17-3 on doom
15-2 on furion
7-1 timber

all heroes that he only played with secret, except one furion and one tide game with fnatic

n0tail is 90-24 on wisp holy fuck

Deadly

Did the guy with the contract on his head ever kill the repicker? Perhaps if you got the kill first you guys would have been awarded it.
Don't know. We didn't really pay attention to it and figured the event was off. On the stats tab, there was only 'marked for death' but the PA repicker didn't have anything.

had the most boring game. some guy who clearly wasn't new just took Slark mid in easy bots and killed everything. 30-odd minutes of my life wasted while he got his 30+ kills. didn't even learn anything.

ViviOggi

had the most boring game. some guy who clearly wasn't new just took Slark mid in easy bots and killed everything. 30-odd minutes of my life wasted while he got his 30+ kills. didn't even learn anything.
Is that not common in coop vs bots? I'd think it's better to learn about heroes and items in solo bot games and then just jump straight into 5v5.

inkls

Games will be always short vs easy bots. Try medium or hard bots if you feel like it. Game lasts longer most of the time.

edit: unrelated.

Screw you. Tired of people like you shitting on pve dota, split pushing or naga siren everytime it happens. You don't see me constantly shitting on your favorite type of dota do you?

soory :(
I don't mind the naga/tb split push games. but EVERYONE was just farming for the first 25 minutes or something. Boring at the start exciting at the end

Its fine, just me overreacting a bit. I just got annoyed since Ti4 because everytime it got brought up people would shit on it. Apologies for my reaction.

Naga Scum.

Deserves to lose.

Case in point.

shira

4 LANS in the next 12 months are they crazy when are they going to fit in 4 other LAN's assuming ESL, online tourneys and all the Chinese LAN's aren't even scheduled yet.

December: Summit 2 LAN, Star Ladder 11

January: Star Ladder 11 LAN

February - CNY break - disband period

March: Summit 3, Dreamleague 3, Starladder 12

April: Summit 3, Dreamleague 3, Starladder 12 LAN

May: Summit 3 LAN

June: Dreamleague 3 LAN, MLG Anaheim LAN

July - TI5

August - disband period

Septermber: Starladder 13

October: Summit 4, Starladder 13,

November: Summit 4, Starladder 13 LAN, MLG Columbus LAN

December: Summit 4 LAN

4 LANS in the next 12 months are they crazy when are they going to fit in 4 other LAN's assuming ESL, online tourneys and all the Chinese LAN's aren't even scheduled yet.

December: Summit 2 LAN, Star Ladder 11

January: Star Ladder 11 LAN

February - CNY break - disband period

March: Summit 3, Dreamleague 3, Starladder 12

April: Summit 3, Dreamleague 3, Starladder 12 LAN

June: Summit 3 LAN, Dreamleague 3 LAN, MLG Anaheim LAN

July - TI5

August - disband period

Septermber: Starladder 13

October: Summit 4, Starladder 13,

November: Summit 4, Starladder 13 LAN, MLG Columbus LAN

December: Summit 4 LAN
They need to schedule the stuff quickly so other organizations have to schedule around them.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
looks like internet (or stream at least) went down again

Ah that sucks. They aren't having much luck with that.

With this game, does anyone think lycan is back to being a bit too strong? Almost feels like if a pro team picks him they have a good chance of winning. He just gets farmed and destroys people.

inkls

wait, do you actually enjoy watching PVE farm for 40 minute dota or just playing it? I love playing that way but it's horrible for viewing.

Yes I do, its like watching a game where I do nothing but rice. I enjoy it, and if theres a game I don't like, I either just mute the stream or close it and go do something else.

Jex

That was one of the worst drafts, and then games, I've seen out of Secret in the last few months. Yikes.

Haunted

So, er, this Summit sure has been a bit of a mess?
It seems like they want this to make the US version of HomestoryCup but it's not gonna happen without the alcohol or the shenanigans.

Need to bring in more party people like Rotterdam or 2GD.

aeolist

Banned
lycan isn't too strong, secret got outplayed

they made some weird mistakes there, starting with kuro diving fata at the t1 while he still had split

JC Sera

BTS always seem to have some pretty sweet beats
I only woke up to see the end of that game, did not expect to see C9 trump Secret

you know if it wasnt for Loda void I would say this one is in the bag for C9

FACE

Banned
Bulba
facepalm.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom