• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acinixys

All-Hero Challenge is proving to be more frustrating than I anticipated. I'll go on a good run of two or three heroes that I beat easily, then run into a brick wall that I just can't get past. My current nemesis is Enchantress. I did really well with her tonight, but my team fed a ridiculous number of kills and I just couldn't hold on.

I know this feel

It took me 7 games to win with Slark, a fairly easy to play hero

Now I have Meepo

So Ive given up

Radec

Pajkatt is amazing on that Not Today - C9 cast.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I know this feel

It took me 7 games to win with Slark, a fairly easy to play hero

Now I have Meepo

So Ive given up

You've given up your opportunity to learn one of the most fun heroes in Dota.

I'm old and borderline retarded and I was playing Meepo competently, if not proficiently, after maybe 6 games or so. Very little bot match practice either. What excuse do you have?

Spookie

Oh yeah opened my final two demi hero boxes to make a set. Got another gold one this time in the form of veng. I'm off to put on the lottery. :D

shira

Oh yeah opened my final two demi hero boxes to make a set. Got another gold one this time in the form of veng. I'm off to put on the lottery. :D

GG
9C89A9228C1A030DA0913D622642330EB01B32A9
WP

one of my friends just finished a big project of hers, and I think it came out pretty freaking great so I wanted to share, I think it deserves some attention: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=350910091

give it a vote! she deserves some shit in game for all the work she does methinks. Maybe this will be a bundle or whatnot.

Pfft Sylei don't need help. I posted her DP hat on reddit and it got front page top comment.

edit: Chen bear wtf . . . well that's not going to get in. You can't cross animals like that

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
one of my friends just finished a big project of hers, and I think it came out pretty freaking great so I wanted to share, I think it deserves some attention: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=350910091

give it a vote! she deserves some shit in game for all the work she does methinks. Maybe this will be a bundle or whatnot.

I am a sucker for Abaddon's cosmetic items, I'll say valve screwed up the potential for extremely good mounts (for Abaddon) because of that eye blinding color palette.

shira

What was the best match of day 1 of The Summit 2?

None really, bo1's are really hit or miss and there were like 100 pauses on the day

https://twitter.com/Cyborgmatt/status/540440344991498240
A new batch of PCs,
a potential fix for HEY BEEP ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮has been applied
and that smudge has been cleaned up.
Fingers crossed for tmrw.

Reddit been tearing you up bigtime Matt.
Might wanna take a break from comments if you haven't been looking.
Just enjoy the dotes! We know you working hard

Jeez, how does shit get upvoted. /r/dota2 mods are on permanent coffee break
facepalm.gif

ZeroX03

Banned
I dunno, it just seems like every game I'm the only person who has a clue. I've lost more than a few games this past week 4v5 because my team would rather afk farm the jungle than push, or goes in alone, dies, buysback, then dies again. I've been swinging from ~2650 to 2900 MMR since about March or so, but now that I've dropped below 2600, the matches just seem to get worse and worse.

You can be a +1000mmr and in (very) high skill bracket and that'll still happen. That's DotA.

None really, bo1's are really hit or miss and there were like 100 pauses on the day

https://twitter.com/Cyborgmatt/status/540440344991498240

Reddit been tearing you up bigtime Matt.
Might wanna take a break from comments if you haven't been looking.
Just enjoy the dotes! We know you working hard

Jeez, how does shit get upvoted. /r/dota2 mods are on permanent coffee break
facepalm.gif

Reddit is 70% bs cispool anyway. All the mods know what to do is ban original content creators.

Anyway, that 322 in the VG vs TT game....hot damn.

Acinixys

Just had "one of those games"

Enemy team has 1 rax left

We have our whole base

They start pushing but our silencer was AFK due to a PC crash

They unpause TWENTY TIMES and throne us because we couldn't defend

:(

so now that I've started playing this more I wanted to get the weather stuff and whatnot

but apparently I can't because I never bought the compendium

that is so dumb.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Just had "one of those games"

Enemy team has 1 rax left

We have our whole base

They start pushing but our silencer was AFK due to a PC crash

They unpause TWENTY TIMES and throne us because we couldn't defend

:(

Did you Silencer do that much DPS? I mean its not that hard to just micro him for his ult.

BigAT

so now that I've started playing this more I wanted to get the weather stuff and whatnot

but apparently I can't because I never bought the compendium

that is so dumb.

I wouldn't worry too much. I've got them but turned them off almost immediately. Really didn't care for them personally.

JustinBB7

I stopped watching the summit because it was so boring and the billions and billions of pauses and errors and stream going down. I'll catch up near quarter/semi finals.

Sucks I missed Maelk cast though. Any vod of that time?

You want my fucking weather gems? PM me. I never use them

nah I wouldn't ask for someone else's like that. I'm just surprised I can't just get a bundle with them or something. Seems weird to lock that feature behind something timed like the compendium.

---------------------

only easy bots, but I'm getting there. I like heroes with a lot of burst kill pressure like QoP.

Speaking of weather gems, using the double weather effects glitch (applying one in your armoury then changing the selection during picking phase) and forcing DOTA 2's Winter map in the game files make a beautiful snowy, moonlit winter wonderland map.

Shame the trees are buggy though.

Hylian7

So in the last week or so, I've lost about 400 MMR. It's driving me nuts. I just went 23-6 as WR in a game, and we lost. I never used to believe in the trench, but now that I'm at the ~2550 range, I'm definitely starting to. Every game it seems the players are worse and worse. It's gotten to the point where the OTHER team is commending me / applauding my playing (especially on WR, who I've recently discovered I'm quite good with). While my team just continues to feed. Ugh. /rant

Anyone have tips to try and raise my MMR? I know I'm not perfect by any means, but it definitely feels like I'm not the bottleneck in my games.

My Dotabuff, if anyone cares to look.

Everyone has streaks like this, myself included.

For everyone there is generally a different way around it, but the unfortunate reality is done games are just losses no matter what you do.

I have my "ez win" heroes that work for me when I really need a win. These are heroes like Pudge or Earth Spirit. Obviously these heroes aren't for everyone (especially Pudge) but it does wonders for me.

Find and pick your "ez win" heroes when you need to get out of these streaks.

That said, I know the feeling when teammates lose you games. I've posted here before about the double Blink Dagger into Daedalus only Shadow Shaman, and we took down two tax and could have easily finished it if we didn't have a teammate working against us.

Stop picking WR, that hero is shit.
LOL

Even if WR was shit, these are pub games and damn near anything is viable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom