• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeolist

Banned
Na'Vi will attend TI5.

Right guys?

sad.gif

this is probably the best you can hope for, assuming they don't disband

Not with dumb navi v alliance bollocks again.

And for the love of god its el clasico.

please I dont have the accents as Im an english person forgive me.

KingKong

iirc this is the first time a TI winner isnt in decent enough form, will they still get automatic invites? Navi, Alliance and iG dont really deserve it

We have a lot of diehard Alliance but I never felt the Navi connection beyond that most of us like/d Navi to some degree. But maybe I don't pay enough attention.
There were/are plenty of Na'Vi fans and a lot of Alliance haters(case in point: Technosteve).
Not with dumb navi v alliance bollocks again.

And for the love of god its el clasico.

please I dont have the accents as Im an english person forgive me.
You're whining because I added an extra s but can't be arsed to add the accent? tsk tsk
fuck those rats

FIGHT ME

I hate the posing/fakery about it.

And if were truly a rivalry, it would still matter in some form now.

All those amazing matches, any chance of listing some games I should go back to, those classics other than TI?

Razzer

People calling Navi vs Alliance el clasico was silly. They were just the top two western teams from TI3 up until late 2013 and had a bunch of consecutive Grand finals matches. Admittedly, a lot of those matches were very entertaining, but there was never really a true rivalry. C9 EG is at least as competitive as they ever were.

I will agree that the posts around it were more extreme then tho. Reading through the thread around TI3 is amazing, so many people saying Alliance are scum.

People calling Navi vs Alliance el clasico was silly. They were just the top two western teams from TI3 up until late 2013 and had a bunch of consecutive Grand finals matches. Admittedly, a lot of those matches were very entertaining, but there was never really a true rivalry. C9 EG is at least as competitive as they ever were.

I will agree that the posts around it were more extreme then tho. Reading through the thread around TI3 is amazing, so many people saying Alliance are scum.

Split push doto was and remains very divisive. A lot of people do not and never will like or appreciate the style of play. Given Icefrog's recent patches, it appears he didn't much care for it either.

Razzer

Split push doto was and remains very divisive. A lot of people do not and never will like or appreciate the style of play. Given Icefrog's recent patches, it appears he didn't much care for it either.

Oh I'm not saying those who dislike it are wrong. Merely commenting that it brought out vitriol rarely seen in this thread towards pros.

Edit: Black^ AM, hoo boy.

Shinypogs

What I loved most about Na'vi vs Alliance was the player's friendly rivalry. Bulldog and Dendi tweeting bear gifs at each other, Xboct and Loda wearing the other teams shirt under their jackets etc. Plus both teams always seemed to play best against each other.

I'm still sad that both teams breaking apart post TI4 didn't result in those left on both sides merging together somehow.

edit: mid tide, prayers have been answered.

Wow that lag

I didn't mean for that to sound like a brag, it was pure hell at first. Pokemon gets pretty hard to finish when everyone speaks a foreign language you don't understand.

no, no I was serious, wasn't trying to sound sarcastic. I can only speak english, and I am awful at learning languages, so people who teach themselves a language like that gain a lot of respect from me.

JC Sera

That almost looks like a jar of either molasses or shaving wax next to them...

wait nvm its a romantic candle, different type of wax

shira

I predict... EG AND C9!

I will be shocked if C9 isn't one of the invited teams, they show up to tons of Chinese Events and normally do well.

If money is changing hands - which it probably - is I imagine Navi and a GGA team

If Secret's sponsor comes online maybe Secret, but C9 is already going for i-league, not sure if they will go again so quickly since they fucking hate it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom