• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkls

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1405600420

I think this game had the dumbest luna I have ever met.

"wow storm you're supposed to follow puck to bot when he ganks bot"

"don't give aegis to storm give to phoenix'

"this storm isn't doing anything, only getting last hits"

"this storm is awful, didn't do anything and is the only disabler on our team"

"lol defend your friend more, storm was bad"

Like i can understand early game, but after i get an ultrakill and i have the highest kills and hero dmg. WTH?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
it was a being made of pure fumes, like, even given the ridiculous amount of space stinkls spirit was making it refused to push towers. it made me pine for hupsel luna, something i thought i'd never feel.

Reading a few pages back, you guys keep refering to Phoenix as "she". Why? AFAIK it is genderless since it is a cosmic fucking bird that's actually a sun.

Qvoth

omg that shiba courier... i think that's the 1st dota item i reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally want
looks sooooooooooooo good
and i don't even play dota :<

Chris R

Supporting a team that only knows how to feed is no fun :( 54 deaths, I account for 5 of them, they let the enemy clear the stacks I've been stacking all game ugh

For the first time in a very very long time I had a rage muter & AFK jungling Invoker. He declined to TP bot when asked and sat in jungle for 30 minutes.

http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/food/full_menu/full_menu_explorer.html
https://mcdonalds.com.au/menu
Going on a tangent but I have a very morbid curiosity in American fast food. Comparing the (bad) AUS menu to the (atrocious) USA menu is fascinating, and that's just using McDonald's as an example.

Gotta say I don't see a large difference between the two.

I suspect Phoenix is the new Puck/Pyro and we'll never get a straight answer out of Valve.

Gotta say I don't see a large difference between the two.
http://www.kfc.com/food/chicken/
https://kfc.com.au/menu/

Maybe KFC is a better indicator but I was referring to some individual items that probably wouldn't fly here.

I mean we get the Double at KFC one day every couple of years but aside from that it's relatively normal.

shira

Like i can understand early game, but after i get an ultrakill and i have the highest kills and hero dmg. WTH?

It's called - "shift blame on someone else so I can allchat 'Report X'" if we losing.

Yeah im done with this game until they fix these hereos. Why is ice frog shit at balancing these hereos?

Starladder 12 will be crucial for TI5 invites.

Can someone explain to me why Troll is broken now but he wasn't broken before, like what was the change in the recent patch that made him go from a sort of niche pick to being the pain in the ass you see all the time he is atm? I understand some heroes fade in and out of current meta and others are always viable (batrider) but it seems like certain heroes appear out of shadows to wreck havoc for no good explanation other than "A tiny buff was given two months ago and pros have just figured out how to exploit it."

I will never understand why games were fairly normal up until TI qualifiers last year and then bam brewmaster every game. As cool as it is to see teams do unconventional picks and strats it's equally annoying to find every team has jumped onto the new " we will only pick these heroes' train and not understand why it happened.

I want buffs for OD , he needs to be picked more :(

Code:

Reduced Whirling Axes (Ranged) icon.png Whirling Axes (Ranged) cooldown from 20 to 20/19/18/17.
    Increased acquisition range from 600 to 800.
        This affects autoattack range. He now uses the same range as other ranged heroes.

Reduced Whirling Axes (Melee) icon.png Whirling Axes (Melee) cast point from 0.2 to 0.

Fervor icon.png Fervor
        Rescaled attack speed bonus per stack from 20 on each level to 16/22/28/34.
        Rescaled max stacks cap from 2/3/4/5 to 4 on each level.

Small buffs which once exploited trickle to pros, pros find great builds, builds become perfected, tryhards copy pros, trickles back down to pubs

Shinypogs

Can someone explain to me why Troll is broken now but he wasn't broken before, like what was the change in the recent patch that made him go from a sort of niche pick to being the pain in the ass you see all the time he is atm? I understand some heroes fade in and out of current meta and others are always viable (batrider) but it seems like certain heroes appear out of shadows to wreck havoc for no good explanation other than "A tiny buff was given two months ago and pros have just figured out how to exploit it."

I will never understand why games were fairly normal up until TI qualifiers last year and then bam brewmaster every game. As cool as it is to see teams do unconventional picks and strats it's equally annoying to find every team has jumped onto the new " we will only pick these heroes' train and not understand why it happened.

pompidu

Troll is more viable now since games went from 25 - 40 mins to 40 mins and longer. More time for him to farm due to tower buffs, excess gold due to the comeback mechanic.

Chris R

That feeling when someone steals your rampage ;_;

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1405880530

KBogTvt.png

See if you can identify the time the almost rampage occurred :(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Starladder 12 will be crucial for TI5 invites.

I don't think so, I feel TI5 invites are already set mostly, unless there is a major upset in SL12. Like, if Tinker makes top 2 they may end up with an invite so America gets 2 teams, instead of having to qualify.

Hylian7

Sadly this sounds like typical low-level players that don't get Storm.

shira

I don't think so, I feel TI5 invites are already set mostly, unless there is a major upset in SL12. Like, if Tinker makes top 2 they may end up with an invite so America gets 2 teams, instead of having to qualify.

Navi, Clown9, Alliance, TM, TT all bubble teams. Big game tomorrow TT vs Navi in ESL qualifiers

SL12 April 24-26 Qualified: iG, VG, Tinker, MY, C9, London, Alliance, Secret, Navi*(probably)
t1429894800z1.png

Red Bull BG NA qualifiers: TT, Summer, NoT, Root
t1430258400z4.png

TI5 Qualifiers
t1430528400z4.png

Red Bull Battle Grounds May 5-10 Q: MY, iG, Secret, HR, +1
t1430856000z4.png

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Navi, Clown9, Alliance, TM, TT all bubble teams

I think Cloud9 is a shoe in for an invite. You may be right that Alliance's and Navi's invites rest on their performance though.

I don't think Malaysia has a chance of a direct invite outside of getting first place (Which I don't think they have a chance at that ether), Sea will get stuck with only a qualifier spot again.

This is my prediction for the invites:
Code:
Europe:
Secret
Cloud9
Alliance
Navi

China:
VG
LGD
IG
Newbee

Americas: 
EG
Tinker

6 Qualifier slots

I think Valve will still invite all past TI Champs. Alliance and Navi are at least top 20, and you sort of have to invite the current champ.

shira

I think Cloud9 is a shoe in for an invite. You may be right that Alliance's and Navi's invites rest on their performance though.

I don't think Malaysia has a chance of a direct invite outside of getting first place (Which I don't think they have a chance at that ether), Sea will get stuck with only a qualifier spot again.

Code:
Europe:
Secret
Cloud9
Alliance
Navi

China:
VG
LGD
IG
Newbee

Americas: 
EG
Tinker

6 Qualifier slots

I think Valve will still invite all past TI Champs. Alliance and Navi are at least top 20, and you sort of have to invite the current champ.
No Empire?

Code:
Secret
Empire
VG
LGD
iG
Newbee
EG
Rave
Clown9/Navi/Alliance/Tinker/TM(Whoever does best at Starladder)

I think the compromise will be more regional qualifiers so Korea and CIS get surefire representation and no more wildcard.

Europe
CIS
Korea
SEA
China x 2
America

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
No Empire?

I feel Navi's and Allance's "Past TI winner" status sort of robs Empire of an invite, because they are close enough that having all past TI winner clubs is more interesting then a team that is only "marginally" better.

H13

Code:
Europe:
Secret
Cloud9
Alliance
Navi

China:
VG
LGD
IG
Newbee

Americas: 
EG
Tinker

6 Qualifier slots

er, Titan is sea representative
Rave and Malaysia deserve to be invited imo

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
It would be sad if navi gets an invite, this isn't the same team that won TI and they have haven't won shit in the last year--they don't deserve it over other teams. Same deal with alliance, though alliance has been playing much better as of late

Acinixys

Sick of Dota?

Here are 3 EU Heroes of the Storm beta keys so you can play it instead

RNPG6Z-6KMK-HH7WP8-TBCR-RGVTBC

76HWXH-MJZP-467HY7-RN6Z-24FDHG

FFETTG-HDYY-JF9DC6-BND9-87HHWV

Please comment if you take one

Even though Alliance has been playing better and I'm a huge Alliance fan(sexual preference), I still think they don't deserve a direct invite. In fact I hope they keep direct invites to a minimum and have most teams fight for their spot, only inviting 4-6 teams directly. Newbee is a tough choice but I think you have to invite current champs to give them the chance to defend their trophy.

Assuming they keep the invites similar to last year I think we'll end up with something like

Defending Champions: Newbee

Europe (4): Secret, C9, Empire/Hellraisers/NIP/Alliance (two invites between those four)
Americas (1): EG
SEA (1): Rave
China (4): VG, LGD, IG, HGT/CDEC

I can't see each region not getting at least one invite, pretty sure they have every year

That gives you a qualifier for each region as well and then the wild card

Indignate

Even though Alliance has been playing better and I'm a huge Alliance fan(sexual preference), I still think they don't deserve a direct invite.

Same. I'd rather see them fight it out in qualifiers and prove that they should go rather than just get an invite and show that they don't belong by losing to the better teams.

Nymerio

Pfff, pushing uphill against a team with sniper and tinker is the definition of anti-fun. Didn't help that we had an Anti-Mage who went vanguard first and completely skipped battlefury.

Even though Alliance has been playing better and I'm a huge Alliance fan(sexual preference), I still think they don't deserve a direct invite.

Yeah, Alliance is still one of my favourite teams but I agree that they shouldn't get an invite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom