• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, valve made a damn good job to not leak their hats with this test patch, I see nothing.

But I did find these, the names of a ton of scrapped items!

Consumables
//"item" "item_blinders"
//"item" "item_red_mist"
//"item" "item_bounty_pact"

misc
//"item" "item_ward_dispenser"
//"item" "item_whip"
//"item" "item_telescope"

support
//"item" "item_natures_mend"
//"item" "item_iron_talon"
//"item" "item_nightfall_striders"
//"item" "item_arcane_boots2"

magics
//"item" "item_rune_breaker"
//"item" "item_aether_staff"

artifacts
//"item" "item_venomous_shield"

The whip even has a tooltip saying "Why would you use this on your self?" Some of these items are likely just the items we got renamed, but there the consumables and misc items are completely unaccounted for.

Chris R

If you are at the point where the enemy Alchemist can just casually farm Aghs to give to his team, then you've probably already lost.

Not really, I always have a ton of gold on Alch, last winning game was BoTs, Abyssal, Cuirass, and 3x Mjollnir.

I could have bought an Aghs for my FV or Veno with all the extra gold I had and made the game end quicker.

Calidor

I got excited at first, but now I am having doubts... They added too many new items, how would I know if I have to build a Mel, a crimsom guard or a guardian greaves? Burden of knowledge

Kappa

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Minefield sign!

Haha!

See you next patch guys!!

techies.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Guardian Greaves is going to be amazing during pushes. I wonder if the buff it gives will be enough to let creeps tank an extra hit.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Visage got a good buff to his familiars! No more one shot from farmed ranged carries! I'm back in it boys!!!

I just read this last page and it seems the notes are absurd, not having read them myself yet.

Was gonna be hard enough to get back into Dota after a year+ away.

:/

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
This meta is going to be one where everyone will just farm since they're all too terrified to attack anyone because of these weird ass items.

I guess that's why icefrog nerfed creep gold :O

Sianos

Oh god the octarine, I'm not ready for this. Time to become an anita mage player and farm up my seven slots.

Just have to improve my efficiency by 7% to offset this decrease in creep gold, I can do this.

TUSR

Banned
so if you lotus someone being assassinated by sniper, you just counter them and it bounces back regardless of range?

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Support alch farms for his carry/mid. It's a really fun buff. They get all the stats too, this is kinda nuts. Imagine a dusa+alch.

Doesn't the Alch lose the item? The support Alch would have to choose between buffing a teammate and having worthless items or being an actual useful hero with items of his own. Alch farms fast but he can't create farm out of nothing - farming when your behind as Alch is brutal, especially as a support.

Not really, I always have a ton of gold on Alch, last winning game was BoTs, Abyssal, Cuirass, and 3x Mjollnir.

I could have bought an Aghs for my FV or Veno with all the extra gold I had and made the game end quicker.

I think that's really the point. In games like this it will allow you to end it quicker. Makes late game less drawn out when a team has a huge advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom