• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
everyone thinking octarine core is a support item but carries will build this
DsrA6Kc.gif

quote me now, I warned you all

what fucking support can afford a 5900 gold item unless the game is over 45 mins or something

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
everyone thinking octarine core is a support item but carries will build this
DsrA6Kc.gif

quote me now, I warned you all

it is most definitely not a support item at 5900g lol

It's a "turn late game semi-carry casters into gods" item--lesh, timber, lina, qop, zeus, OD, etc... The lifesteal is so insane I wouldn't be surprised to see these guys outscaling agi carries in some cases.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ursa is so hard to kill during enrage, I love it. You turn into some 1.2kHP bear into a 6k ehp guy. He is basically straight up unkillable while its up.

But the real OP upgrade is WKs scepter. My god, if you are somewhat even I think the item can flat out win you the game. It even works on WK him self if he doesn't have his ult up. WK is going to be the 6.84 publord. The only thing that makes this even slightly balanced is you can still disable the ghosts.

JC Sera

Ursa is so hard to kill during enrage, I love it. You turn into some 1.2kHP bear into a 6k ehp guy. He is basically straight up unkillable while its up.

But the real OP upgrade is WKs scepter. My god, if you are somewhat even I think the item can flat out win you the game. It even works on WK him self if he doesn't have his ult up. WK is going to be the 6.84 publord.
Glad, cause my 100-1k ping often reduces me to playing support Abaddon & WK.
DsrA6Kc.gif

It's going to take a while to get used to all of these changes. I'm loving the agh upgrades, lots of potential strats with all of them.

I played a bot match before and gave two of my allies aghs upgrades within 20 minutes or so. 4x bounty rune gold is great. The bots seem to be broken however. Well, more than usual. Many of them didn't buy any items beyond their starting items. 40 minutes in and they're sitting on 10k + gold, no boots. lol.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I feel the Mango actually increases Ursa's jungle speed a bunch, he can afford to spam his Q with it. Someone who is better at jungle ursa double check and see if it really does increase jungle speed enough to warrant a purchase.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
If WK dies in ghost form, but his ult comes up before it ends, his ult still goes off. Scepter effectively shaves off 5 seconds from his ults cooldown too. Also, you can pick up aegis while a ghost.

Armaros

"He definitely needed the anti-kite power instead of just more straight damage."

It's important to leave weaknesses for heroes.

a self purge on a 50/45/40 sec cooldown =\= unkitable.

Especially with how powerful kiting is nowadays compared to Ursa's design.

Wok

This is a huge buff to Doom.

The following additional passive abilities are now added to the list of passives disabled with Break: Aftershock, Counter Helix, Great Cleave, Craggy Exterior, Slardar's Bash, Inner Beast, Dragon Blood, Mortal Strike, Degen Aura, Greevil's Greed, Drunken Brawler, Feral Impulse, Shapeshift's Critical Strike, Chaos Strike, Return, Reactive Armor, Curse of Avernus, Natural Order, Empowering Haste, Spell Shield, Thirst, Marksmanship, Precision Aura, Presence of the Dark Lord, Blade Dance, Coup de Grace, Vengeance Aura, Backstab, Headshot, Take Aim, Psi Blades, Geminate Attack, Lunar Blessing, Moon Glaives, Desolate, Jinada, Geostrike, Essence Shift, Fervor, Arcane Aura, Static Field, Heartstopper, Sadist, Overload, Fiery Soul, Untouchable, Null Field, Gravekeeper's Cloak, Spirit Bear's Entangle and Demolish.

Good!

Wok

The problem is Doom doesn't have Break naturally. He's still 'rush Aghs all the time'.

Still, I hated when a PA or a Lycan was critting me while scepter-doomed. Even Axe could be a problem while scepter-doomed.

Runes now have a higher hit box priority over units

Nerf to Riki...

Moved Ring of Health, Voidstone and Orb of Venom from Secret Shop to the Base

So OoV is still at the side shop, right?

Acinixys

Magic Wand

Requirements from Magic Stick + 3 branches + Recipe, to Magic Stick + 2 branches + Circlet
All attribute bonus from 3 to 4

This is huge

You can now go to lane with 2 branch and a circlet and then buy a stick from the shop to make your wand

Massive bonus for supports imo

Cast behavior while turning to cast has been adjusted.

[...]

This subtle difference applies most commonly with Blink Dagger, as you could easily accidentally cancel your blink order if you clicked the other ability before you reached the critical angle (since otherwise Blink has 0 cast time).

Biggest change of the patch. No more embarrassing zero target echo slams.

Also Oracle's new ult sounds absolutely absurd. Make a hero completely untouchable for 6/7/8 seconds? Dear lord.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Scepter Morphling and wisp actually make the two of them nearly unkillable if they tether each other.

Necrophos can now farm ancients from level 1. He can also attempt a level 1 rosh, I'm going to check how long it takes.

Edit: Takes Necro a little over 5 minutes to kill rosh. Whats cool though, is he can soften rosh up from ether dire Ancients or dire offlane. This may actually be viable in pubs.

JC Sera

What the hell kind of servers are you playing on to get 1K ping? I get 200 from Melb to USW.
Melbourne, shit net, family of 4, younger sibling always watching videos and torrenting
Scepter Morphling and wisp actually make the two of them nearly unkillable if they tether each other.

Necrophos can now farm ancients from level 1. He can also attempt a level 1 rosh, I'm going to check how long it takes.

Edit: Takes Necro a little over 5 minutes to kill rosh. Whats cool though, is he can soften rosh up from ether dire Ancients or dire offlane. This may actually be viable in pubs.
I'm not sure how this works
That'd do it.
:')

This is huge

You can now go to lane with 2 branch and a circlet and then buy a stick from the shop to make your wand

Massive bonus for supports imo

You could already go to lane with 3 branches and recipe
I saw that WAY too often, fucking hell

other than that, fun patch, fun new items, nothing too broken at first sight. Some nerfs or buffs aren't enough though imo. Also don't understand stout shield nerf.
leshrac with octarine is going to be gross.

also have no idea what the fuck that tusk aghs is for, that seems pretty shit for 4200 gold

Quacking

Btw the only changes that reminds me of League are the CD reduction and the Walrus kick.
League would literally implode if they tried to put the changes of this patch over there.

It took months to fix Azir's endless bugs just cause he had different interactions with the map.
Also, the active component of the items is way less pronunced there.

What I mean is, it's absolutely well memed but yeah, let's keep things straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom