• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

reading patch notes

giphy.gif

reaching item section

octarine_core_lg.png
Passive: Cooldown Reduction
octarine_core_lg.png

octarine_core_lg.png
Passive: Spell Lifesteal
octarine_core_lg.png

cNSDgjS.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The new pub terror: DIRE OFFLANE ROSHING NECROPHOS!

You stand near your tower, and just kill rosh with your aura. Just gotta stand there for 5 minutes, and then you get level 8. Fuck the Aegis, getting level 8 at minute 5 is far better.

G.ZZZ

I felt like something during my sleep, had to wake up early, 6.84 patchnotes out Kreygasm.

Some notes: everyone is nerfed. Axe was SLAIN, the spin on end attack and not start is huge. In general very little buffs. Sky was untouched, Pugna got a sidegrade (worse a support, better as a core), Huskar got an useless buff. On the other hand, Icefraud continue to buff Omni, can't wait till 90% win rate in pubs. The bat nerf was unwarranted imho, but whatever. Hero was unplayed in pubs and not dominant in competitive anyway. Bloodseeker nerfed again, i see no point. Beastmaster is a monster 1vs1 laner,even more than before.

CM : slightly worse lvl1, but absurd lvl 7 teamfight potential. AoE 50% move and attack slow will win teamfights. This hero will be insane again. Also, ulti on 90 s cd at lvl 1, no reason to skill it anymore since lvl 2 and 3 have unusable mana costs.

Ebola spirit : slightly nerfed, icefraud plz remove.

Ench slightly better lategame.

Gyro is insane lvl1 now lol.

Jugg was murdered alongside with axe. Rip Jugg.

Kotl is so cancer.

Kka buffs are so-so, not sure he will come back into play.

I think legion can jungle again, have to try. Her laning is still much nerfed from before. Aghs is a non-item on her.

Lesh is gonna be top pick next patch.

Meepo was meganerfed for pubs, thx god.

Furion now jungle like 15% faster. Need to see actually how fast he farm now.

Oracle was sorta murdered thx god.

Pudge was slightly buffed, but nothing that make him an actually good support. He needed more lvl1-3 impact for that. STill, it's a nice buff for midgame.

Pugna support was nerfed hard, pugna core was buffed. I really dislike this change, because i always played pugna support to slain bitches.

Riki is legit support now with that fucking smoke. So much cancer. 4-1-1-1 build incoming Kreygasm.

SS imroved laning a bit, relevant.

Silencer slightly less cancerous laning, slightly better gank/fight potential.

Sniper and Troll, goodnight sweet prince.

Techies was already a legit pick. I loathe any buffs to him tbh.

TB laning buffed, this hero is being slept on a bit tbh. His laning if u go 2-0-3 early on is retarded.

Tusk so good support now bros. 90 mana shard make him so good at roaming/farm much easier, 675 ms snowball is also insanely good for ganks.

WW nerfed and introduced to CM. My prediction? Hero's bad.

WK support is insanely good with this aghs. Probably one of the best skills in the game. You literally CAN'T combo wombo a WK team, they'll come back and kill u after u used all ur combo wombo skills.

New consumables:

Mango looks good. It's literally an instant clarity + sorta tango.

Lotus orb looks fun, but hard to use. It doesn't dispel stun eithers, which would have made it usable for sure.

Guardian Greaves are absurdly good. Mek + arcane carrier will be in a lot of teams now. It's 5300 gold, but no piece cost more than 1600 , and that's the very last one. Gg boys.

The glimmer cape look deceptively good. It's incredibly good as an anti-gank item. Even if you get dusted, you still have like 75% spell resist against spells. Incredibly good to cast on an ally that is being focused down too. Sorta like false promise, obviously much worse but still.

Moon Shard: why is this item consumable again? Dislike it tbh. But the passive bonus are pretty good, not sure who want this however.

Silver Edge: apply break, which mean... it disable passive for 4 seconds, and reduce 40% of all damage done by the target? This look an insanely good effect tbh. Again, it's costly, but we'll see who get it. My first guess is Kka may get Shadow blade again.

Solar Crest is another absurd late game support item. 30% evasion and 10 armor on ally? Jesus boys. -10 armor and 30% miss on enemy carry? You gonna hate those supports.

Octarine core is like old aghs, and seems the most usable item of the buffs, in the sense that it's clear who will get it, aka casters. Hello lesh imba.

Obs/Sentry stacking is a sendoff from jesus for support slots.

Wand was buffed a lot. +1 stats, 35 less gold, 1 less slot to buildup, finishable in side shop if u get 2 branch 1 circlet. Core on all supports again.

Upgraded BoTs, again megafarmed heroes boys. Lategame rat is back with force.

All boots got a decent buff. I think Arcane got the biggest one.

Armlet now cost 30 g less!!! and give +10 attack speed passively. Make the item slightly better for farm.

QB is much better for supports now. The base damage affecting don't matter for supports, and removing wards in one hit is crucial for them.

Refresher got meganerfed like ugh.

Stout is buffed a lot for junglers since a lot of creeps have less than 20 damage. Make also Vanguard 50g cheaper.

Ench slightly better late ? She's gonna be a fucking monster lol, she will buttfuck any core with a bkb now holy shit
Also yeah that furion buff is ridiculous, can't wait for 20 treants waves

NBtoaster

Ember Spirit silver edge is nuts. You cast it during sleight of fist and everyone gets hit with 225 bonus damage, has their passives disabled and damage reduced, AND has a chance to maim. And you come out of it invis.

Tieske

Neo Member
Oracle aint even nerfed. Aint even a sidegrade, its a buff imo

You can't slow, stun etc
you gotta take it up the ass or run pretty much

Oh shit didn't notice that debuff part. How often does it do that? So stupid.

Continually

if you want to have a free seizure, have an enemy naga ult and then get oracle ulted

Ember Spirit silver edge is nuts. You cast it during sleight of fist and everyone gets hit with 225 bonus damage, has their passives disabled and damage reduced, AND has a chance to maim. And you come out of it invis.

That's got potential to be insane indeed
Big buff for slarks progression as well

G.ZZZ

You could already go to lane with 3 branches and recipe
I saw that WAY too often, fucking hell

other than that, fun patch, fun new items, nothing too broken at first sight. Some nerfs or buffs aren't enough though imo. Also don't understand stout shield nerf.
leshrac with octarine is going to be gross.

also have no idea what the fuck that tusk aghs is for, that seems pretty shit for 4200 gold

Stout is a considerable buff for jungle, pretty much the same for lane.

Wok

Quelling Blade

Changed from full damage bonus to base damage bonus
Quell damage bonus from 32/12% to 40/15%
Quell no longer deals bonus damage to Roshan
Chop active ability now kills wards rather than dealing 100 damage
Chop active ability range increased from 350 to 450 when targeting wards

Riki support for the win.

Desolator

Damage decreased from 60 to 50
Recipe cost decreased from 900 to 300

Desolator everywhere.

Eul's Scepter of Divinity

Cyclone mana cost increased from 75 to 175

Not fun.

Coursier volant

Vision from 400 to 300
Speed Burst speed from 650 to 800 speed

Not fun.

Acinixys

Im calling it now

CENTAUR IS GOING TO BE #1 PICK AND BAN THIS PATCH

Free pathing on Stampede is fucking bonkers

Hey guys they are roshing

Stampede over the cliff with a massive damage reduction boost and instantly own the entire enemy team

G.ZZZ

Ench slightly better late ? She's gonna be a fucking monster lol, she will buttfuck any core with a bkb now holy shit
Also yeah that furion buff is ridiculous, can't wait for 20 treants waves

How often did u find urself in the situation where u were farmed lategame as ench and u didn't kill someone because he had bkb up? I don't think there are many tbh.

Jungling is considerably buffed for melees (stout + tangos + QB is cheaper and more effective now). LC can farm jungle and sustain herself decently with lvl 1 MoC again.

Zeknurn

Why did they buff the two fucking bulldong rat dota heroes that much? Hopefully people will abuse them so much that they're nerfed back down to where they belong before TI.

Wok

Observer Ward

Observer Wards now come in single increments
Cost and restock time reduced by half and stock doubled

What does it mean? I have to wait like 2 min before buying a 2nd ward?

Stout is a considerable buff for jungle, pretty much the same for lane.
It's just 50 gold cheaper but now blocks even less, so I don't see how that's a buff lol
Im calling it now

CENTAUR IS GOING TO BE #1 PICK AND BAN THIS PATCH

Free pathing on Stampede is fucking bonkers

Hey guys they are roshing

Stampede over the cliff with a massive damage reduction boost and instantly own the entire enemy team
Ya it's a bit too strong I think
How often did u find urself in the situation where u were farmed lategame as ench and u didn't kill someone because he had bkb up? I don't think there are many tbh.

Jungling is considerably buffed for melees (stout + tangos + QB is cheaper and more effective now). LC can farm jungle and sustain herself decently with lvl 1 MoC again.
Nah jungling LC is still shite
As for ench, it's not uncommon to get a midas to have at least a bit of farm. And magic immunity late game means ench does nothing. Don't underestimate the damage of impetus. Ench is now the offensive counterpart of chen, she used to fall off super hard before.

What does it mean? I have to wait like 2 min before buying a 2nd ward?
It should still be 2 initial stock, so no.

haHAHAHAH I just tried the Necro thing to see if it was true and it is. This reminds me of the stack ancients thing. Matter of fact, you could probably do both.

Wok

Desolator

Damage decreased from 60 to 50
Recipe cost decreased from 900 to 300

Vladmir's Offering

Lifesteal decreased from 16% to 15%
Now grants 10% lifesteal to ranged heroes
Now requires Headdress instead of Ring of Regeneration. Vladmir's Offering now provides +2 all stats, and Vladmir's Aura now provides 3 health regen.

Solar Crest

New item formed from Medallion of Courage and Talisman of Evasion

Requires:
Medalion of Courage (1200)
Talisman of Evasion (1800)
Total: 3000

10 armor
75% mana regen
30% evasion

Active: Loses the Solar Crest Armor and Evasion. When targetting an ally, grants them 10 Armor and 30% Evasion. When targeting an enemy, removes 10 armor and applies a 30% miss for 7 seconds. Cooldown: 7 seconds

Can be disassembled. This debuff is dispellable

I see a big buff to my PA build going Desolator + Vladimir + Medallion:
  • Desolator is cheaper
  • Vladimir is even better
  • Medallion can be upgraded into more Evasion
Thanks, IceFrog.

You heard it first: PA is the new pub cancer.

It means wards restock 1 at a time every 3 minutes, instead of a set at every 6 minutes. The initial stock still has 2 wards.

Thanks.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
haHAHAHAH I just tried the Necro thing to see if it was true and it is. This reminds me of the stack ancients thing. Matter of fact, you could probably do both.

Yep. Buy boots and a ward, pluck you ass by the ancients and stack every minutes until rosh dies around minute 5. Come out with an Aegis, bunch of gold, and level 6/7 depending on how well you stacked. Then come out swinging.

This may work the first day, I feel like the other team will likely come by and murder you at some point. Dire Ancient's aren't as safe a Radiant's.

You heard it first: PA is the new pub cancer.
Nope, new pub cancer is Level 1 rosh Necro, and Aghs WK. That rosh thing is gonna be so good in like the 2k bracket.

I see a big buff to my PA build going Desolator + Vladimir + Medallion:
  • Desolator is cheaper
  • Vladimir is even better
  • Medallion can be upgraded into more Evasion
Thanks, IceFrog.
Sure, works in pubs against 5 carries lineup, but magic damage is a thing and that build has 0 hp lol

Acinixys

After looking at the patch notes im excited for TI

Supports got a shitload of love and so did INT heros

I think we are going to see some crazy shit this year

happytears.gif

Wok

Sure, works in pubs against 5 carries lineup, but magic damage is a thing and that build has 0 hp lol

Well, fourth item is BKB, fifth item can be basher. And it works well against most line-ups. Trust me on this, I have slayed balanced line-ups with this, not just stupid full-carry drafts. Stuff like this one: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1359069190

JMxabHt.png

Black King Bar

Black King Bar can now be sold

Does not reset duration.

Skull Basher

Strength increased from 6 to 8
Damage reduced from 40 to 25
Bash now deals 60 bonus damage
Bash cooldown increased from 2 to 2.3

G.ZZZ

Jungle Lc is now 6 min lvl 6, 7 min dagger, never using courier or taking runes, 2-1-2-1 build at 6, giving you decent gank power at that point. The new silver blade though is made for her, basically make anyone u fight a creep for ensured kill, plus str , bonus damage, backstab damage etc... This was on radiant and not optimized at all. I guess jungle gurus will be able to shave 1 mins from that. In general LC jungle will still be bad because of weak lanes, but nowhere as much as before.

Mangos seems also perfect for her jungle, regen as much as a tango in 6 mins, but give you the mana the gank after u cosntsnatly use press the attack to farm jungle after u get dagger.

Stout is buffed for jungle because most jungle creeps don't even do 20 damage, so in that case stout effectively cost 50g less. For other creeps, it's still the same damage block/gold ratio, you can get a branch with that extra gold and be probably more efficient anyway. You want branches for the new wand.

So, can Naix assimilate someone then infest someone? Lol

Probably ?
I'm really not sure about this aghs upgrade. It seems so meh for a carry that needs items badly or he falls off. He also has no mobility so it's not like he can do reverse naix bombs or something.
Double naix bomb could be nice I guess, but that's still for 4200 gold and a slot

I remember when some of us poopooed the idea of there ever being cooldown reduction items in Doto like we see in Leeg.

Well well. Shit is about to get real.

Nerfs look adequate. LC buff is going to make my sis a star. Centaur is now fucking amazing. Lifestealer is back. Aghs Luna :333

Jungle Lc is now 6 min lvl 6, 7 min dagger, never using courier or taking runes, 2-1-2-1 build at 6, giving you decent gank power at that point. The new silver blade though is made for her, basically made anyone u fight a creep for ensured kill, plus str , bonus damage, backstab damage etc... This was on radiant and not optimized at all. I guess jungle gurus will be able to shave 1 mins from that. In general LC jungle will still be bad because of weak lanes, but nowhere as much as before.

Mangos seems also perfect for her jungle, regen as much as a tango in 6 mins, but give you the mana the gank after u cosntsnatly use press the attack to farm jungle after u get dagger.

Do you think LC itemizes differently now with the lifesteal buff? seems like she doesn't even have to bother with anything but armor/tankiness

Might be better to wait for level 2 aura ?
It will probably be nerfed though.

Should be 2'38 with level 2 aura
5' with lv 1
2'38 with lv 2
1'47 with lv 3
1'21 with lv 4

G.ZZZ

Do you think LC itemizes differently now with the lifesteal buff? seems like she doesn't even have to bother with anything but armor/tankiness

Don't think so tbh. Maybe you will want Armlet more (better buildup and was always a good item on her), and Silver blade may actually make Lothar a better choice than blink. It make her ult basically a doom and make it much safer with the 40% damage reduction. All the bonuses are also good on her, str, damage, ias and maim.

G.ZZZ

Necro rosh is so absurdly bad though. You just need to walk near it, and if u see aura, you go in and check rosh. Then you may last hit as needed. Well played afk necro gaming lvl 1 10 mins in.

Will there be anything more with this patch or is this it? Normally they have some kind of buildup, right? Day 1, 2, 3 etc.

patch note is just called 6.84 (URL too), and there's no day 1/2/3 thing
Don't expect more than a chest or two and compendium by the end of the week

Necro rosh is so absurdly bad though. You just need to walk near it, and if u see aura, you go in and check rosh. Then you may last hit as needed. Well played afk necro gaming lvl 1 10 mins in.
Easy to fuck up though lol
With lvl 2 aura necro does 67.5 hp/s to rosh, and rosh has 20 hp/s, and you have to take armor into consideration, so you'd have to time your hit really well. But yeah it's "easily" counterable, just ward the cliff near dire ancients with a smoke and you can see when necro goes there

G.ZZZ

patch note is just called 6.84 (URL too), and there's no day 1/2/3 thing
Don't expect more than a chest or two and compendium by the end of the week

Easy to fuck up though lol
With lvl 2 aura necro does 67.5 hp/s to rosh, and rosh has 20 hp/s, and you have to take armor into consideration, so you'd have to time your hit really well. But yeah it's "easily" counterable, just ward the cliff near dire ancients with a smoke and you can see when necro goes there

No need to ward, just walk near and u'll see the aura debuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom