• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Refresher should still be better imo (edit : for enigma, tide and such). Octarine better for medium cooldowns (40-100 seconds), also don't forget the lifesteal part. Huge for heroes with big AoE nukes and need to sustain in fights (zeus, lesh should love it)
It should be better than bloodstone on enigma though.

docbon

Kirby has a fan
clCKMNP.png

Yeah, tried this on test and hit level 8 by 5:50, with 2100~ gold total.

There's enough variables that this could be a horrible idea in a real game, though.

kionedrik

Obviously the patch notes were released while I slept. Thanks valve.

From what I understood from the patch notes IF tried to balance heroes positively (i.e. buff them) instead of nerfing the OP ones (since troll and sniper, for the most part, remain untouched).

Glad to see some new and very interesting items. I can clearly see some new builds I want to try.

Glad to see supports get some well deserved love with the new gold distribution calculation and the new item possibilities.

Some Aghs are very good, others are useless.

A new age of rat is upon us.

Edit. Glad to see they addressed the Mana Boots vs tranqs + SR issue.

kasane

Obviously the patch notes were released while I slept. Thanks valve.

From what I understood from the patch notes IF tried to balance heroes positively (i.e. buff them) instead of nerfing the OP ones (since troll and sniper, for the most part, remain untouched).

Glad to see some new and very interesting items. I can clearly see some new builds I want to try.

Glad to see supports get some well deserved love with the new gold distribution calculation and the new item possibilities.

Some Aghs are very good, others are useless.

A new age of rat is upon us.

Edit. Glad to see they addressed the Mana Boots vs tranqs + SR issue.
Lol

untouched

No more vision on axes, no bonus dmg

Sniper lower agi gain, longer shrapnel cooldown

And thats just on the top of my head. I aint even sure if its right

Acinixys

Gotta agree with those above me

You think they just got a small slap on the wrist?

Wait to you are fighting OD/Timber/Lina 6 slotted with an Octarine Core to regen them from spell casts

Or trying to kill an Enranged Ursa

Or trying to fight/chase a team with Centuar + Aghs

6.83 Troll and Sniper are going to be beautiful easily countered angels to you then

Just walk into rosh pit you'll see if he's full or not, easier this way. Use a smoke for it.
Anyway degen aura affecting roshan won't make it on live.

Acinixys

Just walk into rosh pit you'll see if he's full or not, easier this way. Use a smoke for it.
Anyway degen aura affecting roshan won't make it on live.

You never know man

IF is a madman

In other news Mangos are pretty crazy

Waga is playing OD mid. Drops 2 nulls and all his branches. Eats mango. Goes from 300 to 550 mana when he picks up his items

Balanced

kasane

Kotol top pick now

Edit: also thinking tb mid or whatever. Loek 2/0/3 go dor ganks or some other bullshit.

Its 5am i sh0uld sleep

kionedrik

Lol

untouched

No more vision on axes, no bonus dmg

Sniper lower agi gain, longer shrapnel cooldown

And thats just on the top of my head. I aint even sure if its right

Allow me to counter-point:

For sniper, the agi gain nerf makes you lose 10 agi @ 25. Is that really substantial? The vision nerf on shrapnel is the biggest point and the 1.4 vision delay is really important, but the little fucker can still spam that shit carelessly and still assassinate. You can counter-point that the recharge is longer, but if he's smart he can safely save 2 or even 3 charges.

For troll, he loses 15 damage (lol) and vision from ranged axes. Don't get me wrong, vision is important, but it's utility was very situational and that's not what really made him strong.

What I was trying to say, and people seem to agree judging from what I read, they weren't nerfed to the ground, instead others were buffed to face them (either directly through abilities, Ursa, or indirectly through items).

You never know man

IF is a madman

In other news Mangos are pretty crazy

Waga is playing OD mid. Drops 2 nulls and all his branches. Eats mango. Goes from 300 to 550 mana when he picks up his items

Balanced
Yeah it's 150 gold though.
Kotol top pick now
Eh. Buffs are nice but hero still doesn't have a reliable stun or slow, and his damage is also not really reliable lol. Very situational imo.

edit : troll's ulti from 7 to 5 seconds is big too.

Acinixys

For troll, he loses 15 damage (lol) and vision from ranged axes. Don't get me wrong, vision is important, but it's utility was very situational and that's not what really made him strong.

This is HUGE

Heroes have lost 2 damage and been totally destroyed

15 damage is gg no re

Hero is trash in lane now

Smithy C

Just reread the patch notes and still I can't get over the Techies buffs. Why buff his aghs upgrade? It's not like people don't go aghs on that hero already, but then you make a way to make the mines impossible to see? Easily the worst change this patch.

kasane

Allow me to counter-point:

For sniper, the agi gain nerf makes you lose 10 agi @ 25. Is that really substantial? The vision nerf on shrapnel is the biggest point and the 1.4 vision delay is really important, but the little fucker can still spam that shit carelessly and still assassinate. You can counter-point that the recharge is longer, but if he's smart he can safely save 2 or even 3 charges.

What I was trying to say, and people seem to agree judging from what I read, they weren't nerfed to the ground, instead others were buffed to face them (either directly through abilities, Ursa, or indirectly through items).

I am prolly half asleep and dont make much sense but if tou think 15 base dmg isnt substantial towards trolls laning then i dunno what is. Other heroes had their base dmg reduced by 3-5 and saw lomited play. I would agree that they werent nerfed to the ground but they are substanially weaker now compared to before

Also 1.4 second delay on shrapnel vision is enough to get away from sniper Trying to assasinate you

Does Octarine Core work with physical damage spells I wonder? I mean for something like Exorcism or Quill Spray. Could be pretty handy.

Also Diffusal Terrroblade could be nice now.

G.ZZZ

Refresher is so much worse now, not sure it needed a recipe on top of it. Hello Octarine Necro, Lesh, Sky. Lesh in particular is so stupid, walk in with 200 damage per second, heal to full health ez

Also i didn't notice Hex not disabling passives anymore. That's ... harsh. Evasion now need MKB or the new Shadow blade upg to get disabled. PA prolly new best carry.

I could only briefly check the notes as I got to go to class(figures the patch lands 10 minutes after I go to sleep).

I'll go over everything later but that Ontario thing is insanity. I already thought it was really good before I got to the decreased cooldown part, it feels OP but we'll see.

I tried theorycrafting a potential cooldown reducing item before but it always seemed OP whenever I thought of one. I think the cooldown reducing part is going to become an active or something. Maybe I'm wrong and it's fine(doubt it). I'm definitely abusing it on Lina though.

WAIT DOES THE LIFESTEAL WORK ON ARCANE ORB?

Just reread the patch notes and still I can't get over the Techies buffs. Why buff his aghs upgrade? It's not like people don't go aghs on that hero already, but then you make a way to make the mines impossible to see? Easily the worst change this patch.

it's a cute upgrade!

The mines are only impossible to see in range of the sign and 125 AoE is really tiny, so you'll either have to get creative and hide the sign and hope your enemies come close to the tree/wall/environmental ornament or give away that there are bombs in the vicinity. The sign expiration goes by relatively quickly and the cooldown is very long.

It'll hardly make techies any more annoying than it already is...

the important change re: pro games is the stasis trap, which Zai complained about

ksan

That's all that nerf does. Maybe hurt your ability to flash farm the jungle, but you still have spamable axes and fervor to help you.

Hero is still strong after the 15min mark.

i dont know about that, he might actually have to get dmg items now instead of the sny/skadi combo

"How is X hero going to farm his aghs though?"
"Just let Alch farm it for him"

If this is going to be done in a high level game, I wonder what position you have Alch play and when you start farming the Aghs for everyone, probably rush a BF and do it or have support Alch get farm late game and do it.

Luna aghs, cast it on Earthshaker, blink echoslam fissure, everyone disabled forever and die of Luna ult, Kreygasm.

kionedrik

If this is going to be done in a high level game, I wonder what position you have Alch play and when you start farming the Aghs for everyone, probably rush a BF and do it or have support Alch get farm late game and do it.

Luna aghs, cast it on Earthshaker, blink echoslam fissure, everyone disabled forever and die of Luna ult, Kreygasm.

Wisp + Tiny mid, Alch safe lane or even offlane in a 1v1 scenario.

Tiny farms AC and/or bkb , Alch farms his aghs.

ksan

my quadruple hyperstone sniper is redeemed, i should have just waited until the patch to reveal it, thanks icefraud

Has anyone tried LC jungle now? Despite the CD nerf it should be better I think, I think the higher chance + added LS make it good. I don't know if it's viable though.

fuck i have to learn how to play the game again smh.

now that icefrog has buffed invokers defening blast when all his abilities are maxed i can see him do the same thing in later patches with his other abilities. i am excited!

Nah not BF I think maelstrom is enough
I don't think you can afford an aghs machine alch. He can buy them in mid game when supports need them, so these supports can buy more utility items (blink force bkb, etc), and when alch has sufficient farm and has reached farming cruising speed he can then buy one or two aghs for his mates
Greevil's greed is now mandatory at level 1, and securing the first bounty rune for him too (one of them at least), he should hit level 2 super fast with the 100 xp too so it's not a big deal.

I'm not sure the armlet buff is enough

It's like we're now in a reverse situation in which letting a game vs Alch go late is fatal instead of Alch just dropping off hard. If he has legitimate farm and he starts getting all his teammates aghs upgrades it gets really hard to fight his team.

pompidu

My new computer should be delivered Thursday so hopefully the patch comes around then. Early/Mid game looks like it will be more of the same but I have a feeling late game is gonna be a shitshow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom