• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's still a good long range interrupt but now that's all it is, I guess it can disable blinks for a few seconds as well now. I should rephrase, flamebreak is a joke compared to how amazing it used to be at TI3.

I know what it does. I got like 130 games on Bat. It's not a joke by any means though. The burst was good, the TP interrupt and knockback however even more important.

mek dropped off when they added the extra mana cost to it... the page doesnt say anything about cost of using this item... so assuming its free, it could be huge...

especially with the 15 armor and 15 health regen for friendlies under 20% health, the guy carrying this in teamfights simply must die...

then theres the debuffs to the carrier on activation... whoa man

edit: hmm, no way its going to be free to use huh :(
Mek became a trend on #2-#3 heroes before falling off. It's just better on farming heroes because you can't expect your supports to farm it quick enough. And supports can get more useful items too (see blink on lion)
Alchemist is now 1st phase ban material until teams figure out how to effective disrupt his farming.
Nah, don't think so
The only actual buff he got was that bounty rune thing. He's not gonna be 1st ban because he can farm aghs for his buddies lol

patapuf

The best thing this patch is that it will solve at lease some of the inventory issues supports have.

Nothing feels worse than finally having some gold but not having the slots because you need to ward.

yeah like once you get past the feeding aghanims part of the hero......... youve still got a shitty alchemist on your team lol

i think the moon shard is the biggest buff to alch and heros that farm fast but dont scale the best to late game. now you can focus on damage and EHP and you dont have to worry about attack speed.

Arkanius

Oh yeah, how could I forget. He's one of my played heroes this patch.
I just love to confuse people with dopple and his illusions.

I love doing sick evades with Dopple"gank"
The other day I evaded a Lion stun just to show up behind him and destroy him.
Or evading shit in general with well timed Dopple

Calidor

I ve been abusing PL for a couple months now, good stuff.

Also new slark buildup I like is treads, aquila, lothar into silver edge, butterfly, basher, Moon shard, skadi, abyssal, consume moon shard, refresher

or something like that :D

rexor0717

Ench slightly better late ? She's gonna be a fucking monster lol, she will buttfuck any core with a bkb now holy shit
Also yeah that furion buff is ridiculous, can't wait for 20 treants waves
I'm going to be taking her to the offlane even more now. She was already a beast there, now I get free wins.

Calidor

most new agh feel useless at moment to me except the centaur agh. that shit is insane like seriously.

yeah most OP shit this patch... I was reading the patch notes for the first time and I was thinking that most of them were gimmicky / extremel situational (specially the Alchs one) but Centaurs? its a freaking 5-man lassoo. Centaur is going to be FP/FB material in pro games for sure.

Also, is nice how the frog likes to provide the right tools for making heroes viable in any position. Weaver and Morph are clearly way more viable in the offlane

kionedrik

yeah most OP shit this patch... I was reading the patch notes for the first time and I was thinking that most of them were gimmicky / extremel situational (specially the Alchs one) but Centaurs? its a freaking 5-man lassoo. Centaur is going to be FP/FB material in pro games for sure.

Also, is nice how the frog likes to provide the right tools for making heroes viable in any position. Weaver and Morph are clearly way more viable in the offlane

He still needs to get the aghs first and since he is usually in the front line it can take a long time to get it. I feel you need to snowball super hard to get it at a reasonable time. I honestly don't think there's a reasonable situation where you'd get it prior to blink + CG or pipe.

Centaur only needs tranqs blink force staff to be relevant for a long time
You can get these quick enough, get a few kills, then get the aghs off this
Sieging high ground with agh'd stampede is gonna be gross lol

aeolist

Banned
1 position alch who gets good farm for himself first and then gets aghs for the rest of his team could be a thing

a lot of this patch seems oriented around giving slot-starved heroes a late game boost

Acinixys

So what if WK dies and resurrects and weaver with aghs time lapses him.
Does the resurrect's cd is back to zero?

No

Time Lapse doesnt reset cooldowns on Ults

But imagine Aghs Weaver + Terror Blade? 100% Uptime on Metamorph

anuxi_rum.gif

Tiny wisp with one more slot and free 60 AS *shudders*

Tiny + Wisp + Alch

"Free" attack speed and aghs if you can farm well

So you will have tiny with Manta/ BoTs2/Manta/Heart/Crit/BKB sieging your base

He still needs to get the aghs first and since he is usually in the front line it can take a long time to get it. I feel you need to snowball super hard to get it at a reasonable time. I honestly don't think there's a reasonable situation where you'd get it prior to blink + CG or pipe.
CG or Pipe aren't must haves, after Blink you can go force staff, Blademail, BKB, whatever you need. Centaur getting farm isn't uncommon since he's involved in a lot of kills. He doesn't need to get aghs at a reasonable time since the effect is always good.

Calidor

In Pro games I honestly think it will be a very high item priority, maybe even more so than dagger.

Positioning is key, specially in highly coordinated games. It allows you to do terrifying 5-man ganks and absolute rosh control very early. With this new gank oriented meta, enemys coming out from every-fucking-where is just OP

EDIT: OH I almost forgot. Lanaya is going to rise again as a Pubstomp bitch with the meld buff + deso buff she is going to snowball HARD

Can't believe Techies got buffed though. Easily the worst change I've seen since Terrorblade nerfs. That hero is the definition of anti fun. It is literally impossible to enjoy a game with a Techies on the enemy team. You straight up waste 50-70 minutes (which is the usual time Techies games end because that hero defs so well) of your time with a game you can tell from the picking screen can't possibly result in fun under any circumstances.

edit: Come to think of it, I called the increased incoming DMG nerf to TB illusions a ridiculous kneejerk nerf at day 1 and some scrubs on here laughed at me. Wish I knew who these were. Hero is utter shit atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom