• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe Techies got buffed though. Easily the worst change I've seen since Terrorblade nerfs. That hero is the definition of anti fun. It is literally impossible to enjoy a game with a Techies on the enemy team. You straight up waist 50-70 minutes (which is the usual time Techies games end because that hero defs so well) of your time with a game you can tell from the picking screen can't possibly result in fun under any circumstances.

Chill out. Mine field has a 360s cooldown and 180s duration, aswell as a 150 AoE. That's doom's attack range.
edit : 125 AoE actually lol, that's less than the shortest attack range in the game (most melee heroes)

Chill out. Mine field has a 360s cooldown and 180s duration, aswell as a 150 AoE. That's doom's attack range.
edit : 125 AoE actually lol, that's less than the shortest attack range in the game (most melee heroes)

That hero was an utter pain to play against in 6.83. He benefitted a lot from damage types getting toned down.

patapuf

He still needs to get the aghs first and since he is usually in the front line it can take a long time to get it. I feel you need to snowball super hard to get it at a reasonable time. I honestly don't think there's a reasonable situation where you'd get it prior to blink + CG or pipe.

Even if he only gets it at minute 50 that's still a pretty insane upgrade. It sounds like it could make breaking highground easy.

Has this been posted?

On a serious note, Tusk's new kick is silly. Why would you want to push someone away from you? It goes against all his other skills that are gap-closers.

Uh, I can think of several reasons why I might want to kick a melee carry like PA or an ulted Troll or a Spirit Breaker or a refreshing Tide/Mag away from my carry and team. He can single-handedly waste Troll's ult uptime with a blink kick.

Tusk is now very interesting indeed.

kionedrik

CG or Pipe aren't must haves, after Blink you can go force staff, Blademail, BKB, whatever you need. Centaur getting farm isn't uncommon since he's involved in a lot of kills. He doesn't need to get aghs at a reasonable time since the effect is always good.

This might be personal preference but for me heroes like Centaur, Necro, Bristle, etc are strong on their own and only need to use be alive their abilities to be useful in fights. So basically I like to build them to survive as long as possible, hence why I tend to get those items when I play them.

As far as I see it you can build for team fights and get the aghs after that and work towards late-game or build it fast and work towards pick-offs and early pushing.

Edit: I didn't consider that it helps a lot pushing high-ground. I recall my "reasonable time" comment, the items is good at any point of the game.

Acinixys

Time Lapse only affects HP, Mana and Debuffs. It doesn't affect cooldowns of any kind.

Yeah just double checked

I was wrong

facepalm.gif

Can't believe Techies got buffed though.

Techies Aghanim's Scepter upgrade now causes the Minefield Sign to make all Land Mines, Stasis Traps and Remote Mines within 125 area of effect immune to True Sight. Can only have one sign out at a time

If this means that he doesnt get extra damage on his Remote Mines any more I think its ok.

I mean 125 radius is tiny. Like seriously tiny. You can just avoid the lane with a sign in it and get an early gem

Plus the sign is on a SIX MINUTE cooldown

Thats like 6 possible sign plants in a 40 minute game

Easily avoidable

Airan

Oh hey we got Lee Sin now

Blink > Kick > Snowball, it's like a ghetto Venge or Batrider initiate. I love it.

[edit]Oooh shit Deso 600g cheaper, my waifu TA is going to beast even harder this patch <3

If this means that he doesnt get extra damage on his Remote Mines any more I think its ok.

I mean 125 radius is tiny. Like seriously tiny. You can just avoid the lane with a sign in it and get an early gem

Plus the sign is on a SIX MINUTE cooldown

Thats like 6 possible sign plants in a 40 minute game

Easily avoidable

They still have their old aghs effect, this is in addition. Which is why this isn't a huge radius and has a long cooldown.

kionedrik

How do Lotus Orb and Linken's interact?

Let's assume Lina has both items and activates Lotus.
Lions fingers her.

What happens? Does it proc Linken's and Lotus, which means Lina will finger Lion, or does it only proc Linken's and not Lotus since the spell never reached the target?

aeolist

Banned

Lions fingers her.

What happens? Does it proc Linken's and Lotus, which means Lina will finger Lion, or does it only proc Linken's and not Lotus since the spell never reached the target?

i'd guess it would be the second. one interaction has to take priority.

Hylian7

Octarine Core is insane and will be core (pun intended) on so many heroes. I can see Storm getting this, but the real big ones are Leshrac and Timbersaw, and maybe Zeus

Hupsel

Fucking hell at that reworked WW ulti... argh... they could keep same as before and just increase the cooldown since, yes, it was indeed too powerful. Anyway, I still like the hero. Too bad refresher is also shit now so no more double winter's curse.

Luna aghs is so fun but its sad it also doesnt decrease Eclipses cooldown. At least when you cast it on an ally/area it doesnt seem to end even if Luna dies.

Also ocarina item = broken.

aeolist

Banned
Octarine Core is insane and will be core (pun intended) on so many heroes. I can see Storm getting this, but the real big ones are Leshrac and Timbersaw, and maybe Zeus

does it work on orb spells? i could see the lifesteal being really useful for OD if so, and the cooldown on imprison and his ult is obviously great.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Lions fingers her.

Linken's procs and Lotus still reflects, for the ultimate fail.

"YOU ARE DOOMED!"

*Linkens pop*

"I AM DOOMED!!!"

Lotus likely won't be too OP at least, since its an active ability and has a very telegraphed visual. So in real games, I could see people not even building it, but we are going to get some great fail videos off of it.

Now Solar Crest is going to be an amazing item that will likely take a while to catch on, but I can see it getting picked up a lot in pubs late game.

It pushes int (or casters in general) cores a lot, and it's good

I'm not sure about OD's aghs imprisoning every target after it. Sure that's a good chunk of int stolen but it can also ruin initiation and all.

Quesa

Hadn't thought about techies aghs no longer giving bonus dmg to remotes. Hm...,

Either way the biggest buff techies got imo was the land mine delay buff. It's a cerified nuke you can land now, like pugna's

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Octarine Core + Scepter Prophet
PDg9Xlh.png

I wonder what sort of Micro Fails the new Scepter ability will cause, since you will have Treants all over the map now.

kionedrik

Linken's procs and Lotus still reflects, for the ultimate fail.

"YOU ARE DOOMED!"

*Linkens pop*

"I AM DOOMED!!!"

Lotus likely won't be too OP at least, since its an active ability and has a very telegraphed visual. So in real games, I could see people not even building it, but we are going to get some great fail videos off of it.

Now Solar Crest is going to be an amazing item that will likely take a while to catch on, but I can see it getting picked up a lot in pubs late game.

That's hilarious.

Doom getting doomed. Lion getting fingered. Lina getting laguna'ed. Bat getting lassoed. Axe getting culled. Necro getting deleted!!!

The Octarina Core needs to be changed. Life steal needs to be an active component for a short while (like satanic mega life steal) and keep the cooldown reduction as a passive.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Shadowblade and Silver Edge currently have independent cooldowns. Can't stack them sadly for a single big hit.

New Torrent is amazing, its much harder to predict where it will hit.

That's hilarious.

Doom getting doomed. Lion getting fingered. Lina getting laguna'ed. Bat getting lassoed. Axe getting culled. Necro getting deleted!!!

The Octarina Core needs to be changed. Life steal needs to be an active component for a short while (like satanic mega life steal) and keep the cooldown reduction as a passive.

The helm of the dominator needs to be changed. Life steal needs to be an active component for a short while.
Spell lifesteal is not more absurd than attack lifesteal.

i think lotus will be the go to item.

delaying a lion using his finger is huge in a team fight.

it's very threat is what makes it too good to refuse.
A good lion player will kill himself to kill the enemy carry

Hylian7

It pushes int (or casters in general) cores a lot, and it's good

I'm not sure about OD's aghs imprisoning every target after it. Sure that's a good chunk of int stolen but it can also ruin initiation and all.
More like set it up perfectly. Think of it like a Naga song. It gives Enigma time to just run up there and set up a perfect Black Hole with Midnight Pulse.

Pratfall

bots are so baffled right now, they dont treat burrowed Nyx as an invis hero. bot guy is so pissed at the frog

guys enable -wtf and play centaur and run everywhere it is the best this game has ever been

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Watching Matt vs Kuroky in a pub test game, hope Kuroky goes for the NP Scepter.

Edit: Actually, I don't think its a pub game since it doesn't show up in the watch list. Outside of MewPwn, I have no clue who anyone else is.

Hylian7

I know Alchemist Aghs is kind of overrated by a lot of people, but consider this.

Alchemist buys Aghs
Gives it to Sven
Sven gives the entire team 100% extra damage for free without eating an item slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom