• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks gorgeous and is noticeable enough with obstructing the screen too much
What happens with lotus + duel or lotus + life drain
You can recreate the harry voldemort fight with lotus and life drain or mana drain I'm sure

W1SSY

It just dawned on me that octarine core is a shoutout of Terry Pratchett's Discworld books. Octarine is the colour of magic in his books. Should have realized last night when I was reading but all the new changes just had me stunned.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It looks gorgeous and is noticeable enough with obstructing the screen too much
What happens with lotus + duel or lotus + life drain
You can recreate the harry voldemort fight with lotus and life drain or mana drain I'm sure

Lotus + Duel is bugged and no one gets any bonus damage right now. I assume it should actually be the hard counter to orb and allow you to get double damage from the duel.

I assume Life Drain just looks cool and will causes nether person to lose HP unless one has extra Magic Resistance or an octarine.

Tieske

Neo Member
I don't think the lotus orb is even that good, its fills a niche between bkb and linkens I guess, but I think the strongest aspect of the orb compared to those is the platemail

I remember somebody along time ago here on gaf when i was still lurking made up a hero concept based on a drunken wizard with the orb active as a skill
i wouldve prefered that

Welp, been out of the game for about three months now, then this drops. Bye other games.
welcome to dota 3.
anuxi_rum.gif

Bristle is already my most played hero.. this patch doesn't look to change that.

For the first time in awhile I want to play the game just to see what can happen with all the new items/changes.

52club

Games with alch are going to be interesting from the rune spawn...if he levels up greed it will be 4 v 5, if not he doesn't get the instant gold infusion but can be used to bait the other team.

These IHL games are going to get batshit crazy, which should be a ton of fun. It will interesting to see what strats we see first in the IHL, and which ones eventually are compatible with the Pro scene.

Also RIP Axe, everyone thought they wanted you, but really they just liked the idea of you.

Mid alch who farms up guardian greaves, solar crest and octarine core and gives aghs to his whole team

this will be the way forward for that hero. essentially support mid alch with mek boots, crest, maybe vlads, then a bunch of aghs upgrades for teammates.

shit's gonna be so delicious.

Timbersaw with Octarine Core is going to be so ridiculous

would you even need a bloodstone?
yes, of course.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Look like the Whip item may have been somewhat far along testing before being shelved this patch. Item sounds sweet, but likely OP. The item could target any allied or enemy unit. It did 50 damage to them (So you could use it to last hit). The thing would speed up a target for 2 seconds, then slow them for 3.5 seconds (So hit an ally to help escape, hit an enemy while stuneed to slow). Wonder if we will see it revisited.

Acinixys

does it work on orb spells? i could see the lifesteal being really useful for OD if so, and the cooldown on imprison and his ult is obviously great.

Yes it works on orbs

So OD and Silencer are going to be top tier assholes this patch

Especially Silencer, since he ahs no cap on his INT steal

If normal lifesteal stacks with spell lifesteal I can see Silencer with Vlads + Ocarine + Crit for crazy and hilarious sustain in fights

It just dawned on me that octarine core is a shoutout of Terry Pratchett's Discworld books. Octarine is the colour of magic in his books. Should have realized last night when I was reading but all the new changes just had me stunned.

Thats actually awesome

Hylian7

Look like the Whip item may have been somewhat far along testing before being shelved this patch. Item sounds sweet, but likely OP. The item could target any allied or enemy unit. It did 50 damage to them (So you could use it to last hit). The thing would speed up a target for 2 seconds, then slow them for 3.5 seconds (So hit an ally to help escape, hit an enemy while stuneed to slow). Wonder if we will see it revisited.

What is this?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What is this?

A scrapped item. There are 5-10 more items that were being tested and weren't put in, maybe we will get them in future patches, maybe lost to the eons. They had some basic tool tips set up and are commented out in the shop. I'm sure some of them are just renamed versions of items we got, but there are several consumables and Misc items that are completely unaccounted for.

You used to have to buy the Ward Dispenser it looks like. Maybe it could have just been for testing, but it could have been at one time you had to actually purchase it and Icefrog decided to just give it to the poor supports for free.

52club

Axe is still super strong. Just a bit less stupid.
I'd imagine octarine procs on counter helix too, hah

Trust me, his dps took a hit since the helix is when an attack lands now. Add on the additional cast time to call (along with previous other nerfs) and Axe's effectiveness in his current role has dropped considerably. Maybe I'll be proved wrong, but I think Axe as a main initiator could be over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom