• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's more broken, Lotus Orb or Octarine Core? I'm sort of inclined to say Lotus Orb, just because there are crazy things you can do with reflecting the spell effects on people.
I'd say OC in most cases, it turns a lot of heroes into monsters.

I'd like it if the greaves healed more than 250 hp, by the time you can get them that heal drops off pretty hard. 350hp would be nice.

bbd23

ChillyEnviousArrowana.gif

laugh.gif

inkls

Why is it "broken"? Its pretty much the same as blademail "dont attack me with this on" except you can still rightclick or use aoe spells on the target. Buff doesn't last that long, so most initiators with single target spells will be fine.

Hard for me to call 5k gold items like octarine broken considering the cost. At least the cd reduction doesn't stack so its not hard recalculating long cd ability cooldowns.

also it gives spell heal from spells, not whether they're magic or physical.

I'm interested in how people pick silver edge esp with the break mechanic that can't miss, essentially means you can kill a PA with it easily wihout mkb, and that glimmer cape item. Any thought on heroes it will work well with? I was thinking, WD, Pudge with rot on after ult (or during ult), sniper?, bristleback, bane.

There's other items support heroes want to get, also no, she usually has almost no gold to spend. Spending 3600 gold for minus armor(which she already has plenty of) is a waste. She'd probably get Solar Crest though as she's already one of the top users of medallion.
She'll have the gold on this patch.
no, super medallion destroys deso
yeah, this makes more sense.

Figure every team needs a deso though since it's so cheap now. Wonder how frequently supports will grab it just so the carries can buy skadi or whatever the fuck.

Hylian7

Why is it "broken"? Its pretty much the same as blademail "dont attack me with this on" except you can still rightclick or use aoe spells on the target. Buff doesn't last that long, so most initiators with single target spells will be fine.

Hard for me to call 5k gold items like octarine broken considering the cost. At least the cd reduction doesn't stack so its not hard recalculating long cd ability cooldowns.

also it gives spell heal from spells, not whether they're magic or physical.

I'm interested in how people pick silver edge esp with the break mechanic that can't miss, essentially means you can kill a PA with it easily wihout mkb, and that glimmer cape item. Any thought on heroes it will work well with? I was thinking, WD, Pudge with rot on after ult (or during ult), sniper?, bristleback, bane.
Assuming they keep the interactions with spellsteal the way they are, I could see Lotus Orb being pretty damn broken.

As for Octarine Core, I know it's an expensive item, but the spell lifesteal from it is HUGE for heroes like Leshrac, Storm, Timbersaw, etc.

I didn't think to test this though on my stream last night, do you still get the lifesteal from Overload damage?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I think with the emphasis on fighting and pushing in this patch, those uber-expensive items won't be able to see much play before the game ends.

On another note, I wonder if Battlefury is viable on Lifestealer now

docbon

glimmer cape is such a dope addition.

relatively cheap item with a .4 second fade time, but unlike shadow blade, you can continually reinvis during the 5 seconds the effect is active. Any heroes with a higher cast point for targetted abilities, or long wind ups for auto attacks will just cancel mid-movement. And even if you get hit by aoe magic damage, you barely get scratched.

inkls

Assuming they keep the interactions with spellsteal the way they are, I could see Lotus Orb being pretty damn broken.

As for Octarine Core, I know it's an expensive item, but the spell lifesteal from it is HUGE for heroes like Leshrac, Storm, Timbersaw, etc.

I didn't think to test this though on my stream last night, do you still get the lifesteal from Overload damage?

I tested it, you do :>

Artanisix

And then someone picks AA and your Octarine core is useless
aSwrI4i.png

Or you don't clump up against Leshrac and he can only spellvamp 150~ hp a second from two targets
i6zE9vp.png

Or you pick Nyx or Antimage and completely wreck their newfound mana pool now that Octarine Core gives you 700~ mana
XdXPQAH.png

Or you spend 4k gold on a BKB like you should have in the first place which renders their spellvamp worthless
R8HQIAs.png

Hylian7

And then someone picks AA and your Octarine core is useless
aSwrI4i.png

Or you don't clump up against Leshrac and he can only spellvamp 150~ hp a second from two targets
i6zE9vp.png

Or you pick Nyx or Antimage and completely wreck their newfound mana pool now that Octarine Core gives you 700~ mana
XdXPQAH.png

Or you spend 4k gold on a BKB like you should have in the first place which renders their spellvamp worthless
R8HQIAs.png

Or you pick Zeus and get Octarine core and can lifesteal whether the whole team is clumped or not.
1JTivVA.gif

Also you say that like heroes doing magic damage late game weren't a thing. BKB helps you in teamfights but it doesn't make them completely useless like you seem to think.

glimmer cape is such a dope addition.

relatively cheap item with a .4 second fade time, but unlike shadow blade, you can continually reinvis during the 5 seconds the effect is active. Any heroes with a higher cast point for targetted abilities, or long wind ups for auto attacks will just cancel mid-movement. And even if you get hit by aoe magic damage, you barely get scratched.

and it doesn't break channels!

supports got lots of goodies, I'm fine with that

greaves will win teamfights, bookmark this post

Artanisix

"Or you pick Zeus and get Octarine core and can lifesteal whether the whole team is clumped or not.
1JTivVA.gif

Also you say that like heroes doing magic damage late game weren't a thing. BKB helps you in teamfights but it doesn't make them completely useless like you seem to think."

That's one point of four that I made.

And I'm arguing that Oct core is not OP, not that Oct core is useless.

Hylian7

"Or you pick Zeus and get Octarine core and can lifesteal whether the whole team is clumped or not.
1JTivVA.gif

Also you say that like heroes doing magic damage late game weren't a thing. BKB helps you in teamfights but it doesn't make them completely useless like you seem to think."

That's one point of four that I made.

And I'm arguing that Oct core is not OP, not that Oct core is useless.

Fair enough, but I disagree that it's not OP, however it is hard to tell until we actually start seeing games with it.

There's one thing to consider though: BKBs are down to 5 seconds, and now your BKB is off CD. Depending on what has Octarine Core, you're in big trouble now.

inkls

XdXPQAH.png

yo scrub, nyx mana burn is based on your int, not your mana pool

Whelp, then it's core on Storm now!

I'd get it pretty late imo. Its only +100% mana regen, not as good as bloodstone in that respect imo.

Not sure why Storm Spirit wasn't nerfed harder tbqh.

Because all you pick is sniper so you're so used to him trashing you that you see him much stronger than he actually is?

I am still making my way through this thread, but I have read enough of the notes and enough impressions to know that DOTA 2 is changed forever. Holy f'ing crap. I am literally shell shocked right now and I've been playing DOTA since the first mod.

Artanisix

"yo scrub, nyx mana burn is based on your int, not your mana pool "

It gives you 25 int and mana burn has what, 4 sec cd? Ez game. Buy oct core on nyx to counter oct core

Hylian7

Another Octarine Core question: If you are doing the ol' Naga Radiance splitpush thing, can you lifesteal that way with the illusions?

inkls

he'll trash me even harder now that zip zap has more mana options.

zip zap has 15 mana cost activation +7% of max mana. and it costs 12mana+0.75% of max mana per 100 units. more mana just lowers the impact of the initial costs, more int items with poor regen isn't whats gonna make him zip zap more.

"yo scrub, nyx mana burn is based on your int, not your mana pool "

It gives you 25 int and mana burn has what, 4 sec cd? Ez game. Buy oct core on nyx to counter oct core

And then you get lotus and reflect it to him hue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom