• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
just let me use it on non-hero units I control and let be invisible indefinitely as long as I'm standing still, that's all I ask

ʕ ͡•ᴥ ͡• ʔ buff glimmer cape ʕ ͡•ᴥ ͡• ʔ

Can we have an hat topic separate? This thread is unreadable.

Also glimmer cape is stupid broken.

Yup. The fade time is stupid fast, its really cheap, can cast spells, magic res, can be cast on allies.

Imo make it break invis if a spell is cast or the unit attacks.

Sanjay

1900 for a pipe + shadowblade is crazy. I realize its to help supports but its just so good on every hero...

I would say its amazing for ganking carry heroes, Invis and have massive magic resistance, shit is op.

Also whats up with all these posts for trading/gifting their immortal items, thought you can't do that till August 2015?

Nymerio

WD continues to be my favourite hero

ebqjjcL.png

Wok

Sölf;162438169 said:
Quick question:

If I buy the compendium, can I gift it to a friend?

In one week, which means your friend won't be able to make predictions of invited teams and lose one free level or so.

Man those immortal items are badass as fuck. They really upped the ante from last year. Aiming for Pugna, Huskar and Spiritbreaker, got magnus :(, but I still like all of them.

Somebody said troll was finally broken down, curious if he's getting an immortal.

Quesa

Curious about this: if you force staff while in cent ult are enemies you pass through in your push affected by ult? No reason why they shouldn't be, I guess, but it's something I just thought about

aghs used to give +1s but doesn't anymore
it's still good because the damage isn't that bad, mana drain can fuck up some heroes, and it disable blinks

NewGame

Banned
Stop badmouthing glimglim! Do you know how hard the support life is?! You sick dirty jugg/drow pickers don't know a lick about anything!!!

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Can anyone help me out here:

I have a GTX970 and a 4.4Ghz i5 and want to play on 120fps, but i still have framedrops in larger teamfights. especially with larger ults or tinkers march. -> Worst case down to 70-80fps

Is this normal or is something wrong with my doto?
And what settings should I change to get the most out of it without compromising too much on visuals.

Hylian7

Among the things you get between level 51 and level 100, it is the only cool thing.

Underwhelming.

There is an incentive to get to level 175 once you got level 100, but not before.
There's a bunch of unreleased shit at those levels though.

I have a job, but I just told you I was too cheap.

I need to grind dem points.

I think they made a mistake having the challenges be a replacement for the daily hero when there isn't a way to level up your compendium.

The coin system is good and all but who cares about random items/sets when you can get them on the market for super cheap.

It doesn't have to be a lot, maybe enough that people will get 10+ levels by the time Ti5 is over.

BraXzy

WOOOOOO!!

I just opened my first two treasures, I got the Golden Luna item, the Nightstalker set, the Nether Ward and Magnus' hammer.

I just got a second Nightstalker set.. the drop rates messed up or something?

inkls

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/34l9js/batrider_684_flamebreak_is_not_necessarily_a_nerf/

The common consensus is that Flamebreak was nerfed; from 300 burst damage (level 4) to 200 DoT over 4 seconds. Actually each instance of flamebreak damage also procs napalm, and with sufficient amounts of napalm, the new 6.84 flamebreak can even do more damage than the old 6.83 flamebreak.

The damage for 6.83 flamebreak was:

D_6.83 = 75*LvlFlamebreak + (LvlNapalm)*(5+5*LvlNapalm)

The damage for 6.84 flamebreak is:

D_6.84 = 50*LvlFlamebreak + (LvlNapalm)*(StacksNapalm)*(5+5*LvlNapalm)*LvlFlamebreak

If you do some math and rearranging, you'll find that, 6.84 Flamebreak does more damage than 6.83 if:

-25*LvlFlamebreak + (LvlFlamebreak-1)[(LvlNapalm)*(StacksNapalm)*(5+5*LvlNapalm)] > 0

Kind of a nasty equation, so I've plotted it in Matlab.

http://i.imgur.com/axk7rSC.png

The purple lines represents the conditions where the 6.84 Flamebreak does the same damage as the 6.83 flamebreak. With 2 stacks of Level 4 Napalm, Lvl 4 Flamebreak does 125 more damage in 6.84 than 6.83.

In general, Batriders max flamebreak last, with the typical skillbuild of 4-1-4-2 by the midgame. Assuming that Napalm was maxed already, the Right Figure plots the difference in 6.83 and 6.84 damage dependent on the level of flamebreak. Notice -- since Lvl1 Flamebreak only does 1 instance of damage, For Lvl1 Flamebreak, 6.84 will always do less damage than 6.83. On the other hand, as long as you cast two stacks of napalm, you will do more damage in 6.84 than 6.83.

TL;DR, Maxing Napalm first, if you cast >2 stacks of napalm, you will always do more damage with Lvl2+ Flamebreak in 6.84 than in 6.83.

"batrider got nerfed guys"
cBj1LTf.png

Nymerio

Can anyone help me out here:

I have a GTX970 and a 4.4Ghz i5 and want to play on 120fps, but i still have framedrops in larger teamfights. especially with larger ults or tinkers march. -> Worst case down to 70-80fps

Is this normal or is something wrong with my doto?
And what settings should I change to get the most out of it without compromising too much on visuals.

I have a similar system with an i7 and I get frame drops as well.

People that think that the Alch buff means that you need to rush aghs or you're not taking advantage of the buff are infuriating. Lysander was disappointed Alch didn't rush aghs and then asks himself why he's getting picked when he got nerfed in other areas.

It's a damn late game buff.

inkls

People that think that the Alch buff means that you need to rush aghs or you're not taking advantage of the buff are infuriating. Lysander was disappointed Alch didn't rush aghs and then asks himself why he's getting picked when he got nerfed in other areas.

It's a damn late game buff.

Waga disagrees hue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom