• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Among the pages of the Compendoum there's a list of feats that will net compendium points, there's not a lot of points in it if you don't guess TI winners and such, however.

Most of the leveling this year seems to be restricted to buying the points.

That's disappointing, it seems every year valve gets more greedy on this sort of thing. Baseline compedium still seems like a great value if all the stretch goals are met. I kind of regret not getting last years at times.

If the effects are just gold particles on your TP/Blink, I'll probably buy the immortals I want off the community market.

Volodja

That's disappointing, it seems every year valve gets more greedy on this sort of thing.
That's kind of how I read it as well, honestly.
But at the end of the day I bought a 25 euro compendium instead of the 10 euro one that I bought last year, so I guess I'm part of the problem pleasesendhelp.

G.ZZZ

i abandon games with no fucks given now

3 people picking carries and fourth picking a furion? left without picking

pugna and tusk last picks building as core with zeus, slark and morph in their team and not responding to repeated requests for vision? thank me later for only having to wait 5 more minutes till my abandon kicks in instead of playing to your inevitable loss

The hate flow strong through you my young padawan Kappa

Sianos

So do i have to play against a slark in every game for the rest of my life....
If the meta shifts to "gank meta" and hyper aggression mega harassment tower dive combo offlanes the community will force my hand into becoming a scummy slark picker.

I just want to hit the creeps in peace. ;_;

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
After buying/returning a shitload of mice...I returned to my classic that I've used for years...BUT WITH A PIECE FROM ANOTHER MOUSE GLUED ON!

Behold! The FRANKENMOUSE!

My pinky has never felt so pampered.

WXyPwmrl.jpg

RubxQub

slardar is your glimmer cape destroyer

you can't hide from slar and your weak-ass magic resist does nothing to him

Has the benefit of not being affected by Lotus Orb because he smash isn't a target spell as well if someone's building both.

Seems like Glimmer/Lotus is going to be a popular initiating combo for heroes like ES and Clock.

Volodja

So much good invis options now, it's gonna be all about detection.
The patch is still young so it's too early to say, but with Glimmer Cape as a support I don't even care about detection that much.

If the enemy doesn't have it, I am really hard to kill, if they do, I am still much harder to kill if they don't outright autoattack me down and they've spent money to kill a hero that in this version is probably gonna give them relatively little money.
Against a Zeus his ability to see you anyways is countered by the fact that he only deals 20% damage to you (or 25% to your allies) when you fade into invis.
The low cooldown and no mana cost also makes it a decent tool for approaching and not only to move around the fight (around 33% uptime is amazing).

slardar is your glimmer cape destroyer

you can't hide from slar and your weak-ass magic resist does nothing to him
Then this happens, and you are sad.

RubxQub

I've used a version of the Naga for years and years...still the best mouse I can find. And I literally have tried MOST of the major ones for massive amounts of thumb buttons.

Logitech G600
Logitech G602
Corsair M95
Madcatz MMO7
Roccat Tyon

...none of them are as easy to use for the buttons.

I know Razer gets shit on all over the place, but until I have a bad experience with their products, I'm fine with it.

shira

Has anybody used compendium coins from rewards for a random set or item yet?
No, but apparently you can get Arcanas if you use the 1000 coins
QNkEBqg.gif

Srsly fuck item farmers and all these restrictions. TI4 was soo fucking fun, win or lose you get an item. Now it's win and do stupid shit for 1/10 of an untradable item via coins

What is the base amount of coins you get for completing a challenge? I am trying to figure out if those coin booster situation makes sense to me....

After buying/returning a shitload of mice...I returned to my classic that I've used for years...BUT WITH A PIECE FROM ANOTHER MOUSE GLUED ON!

Behold! The FRANKENMOUSE!

My pinky has never felt so pampered.

WXyPwmrl.jpg

I have the same mouse (red edition) and I was just thinking about how uncomfortable my pinky feels! thanks I might try to do something similar

RubxQub

I have the same mouse (red edition) and I was just thinking about how uncomfortable my pinky feels! thanks I might try to do something similar

I used the pinky rest from the Madcatz MMO7 mouse. The curve of the rest just about perfectly fits the Naga, which is awesome.

Just had to cut off the little nubs that were used to connect it to the MMO7 and sand down some edges and gorilla glue it on. Shit totally worked.

So happy XD

the wiki doesn't know
http://dota2.gamepedia.com/The_International_Compendium_2015#Compendium_Coins

idk either. You have to win an allpick game

Ya, I know it has a weird time triggering sometimes even in all pick, which is weird. Took me two times to complete the challenge, when I clearly finished it in the previous all pick game. My question more surrounds the effect of the booster.

I have a 200% booster and I got 206 coins from a single challenge. I guess that means each challenge is 100 coins. This also implies the base booster of 100% is basically isn't a booster in the traditional sense (booster, to me, implies a % increase over the base value)... it just gives you what you should get for finishing a challenge (100 coins). So a 200% booster, is really 100% booster. This make sense?

KingKong

the coin system kind of sucks since the challenges are only every 5 days, it's fine for a single item since you win a challenge and get an item, but you'd get a set every 20 days without boosts

also it doesnt help with leveling your compendium. at least last year between winning a game a day and drops you could get it in the 10s or 20s without spending anything

Saprol

Pinky rests are great. Couldn't stand dragging the side of my finger across a mouse pad all the time. Went from an old MX510 to a DeathAdder to a Naos 3200. The mouse wheel is starting to fuck up though.

While we're on the topic, I'm in need of a good mouse, what are some good ones? I'd be mostly using it for Dota
and Diablo

I prefer logitech mice both for gaming and general use, and I've had build quality issues with razor stuff in the past, but honestly it depends on your own preferences

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
New rule for ihl disconnects going forward:
In the case of random disconnects, the game will auto-pause (because it is ticketed)--45 seconds of “auto-pause” time will be granted that does not count towards a team’s 5 pauses. After this 45s, if the player has not reconnected, the team can then elect to start using their 5 pauses or play on.

I prefer logitech mice both for gaming and general use, and I've had build quality issues with razor stuff in the past, but honestly it depends on your own preferences
Fair enough
A good hero in this meta to get midas in less 12 minutes for the compendium challenge?

12 minutes? That's doable with any hero as long as you're farming or jungling, even a support if you're greedy. Alch is your optimal option but you actually need to win the game so ehhhh.

Slark, Furion, Doom, Void, WK are examples of heroes that go Midas fairly often.

Madn

anyone got that NS set? i'll trade you for my ember divines and i'll add some other extras ;_;

or any of the immortals that u didn't get today from the chest :3

DrPizza

Banned
I use a Logitech Performance MX. :I was somewhat interested in the new Logitech, but then I found out it had fewer buttons than the Performance MX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom