• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

I want to mention also that I like the new change in levelling up compendium: this year, you basically have to pay, or predict right, but grinding to level 50 is impossible and it is very clear.

Making it look like grinding is possible is for stupid games like Candy Crush. If you make a F2P game and monetize it through optional stuff, make it clear that people have to pay to get the optional stuff:
  • do not abuse people's stupidity,
  • do not make them think they can grind if they cannot realistically.

so the only way to level the compendium is random drops or pay reel money?

To get to a high level, either pay or make correct predictions of the top 6 of TI in the correct order, or something as unlikely as this.

Random drops will get you like 5 levels. Max 15 if you have no life outside Dota.

Red UFO

First immortal chest, got Nightstalker set
horse.gif

bounchfx

Don't ever admit to abandoning a game of Dota for anything less than your house being on fire. DotaGAF will have your nuts. I have learned this.

once my oven was beeping because my burrito was done. I hid in the treeline and fuckin ran to that shit.

BUT I DID NOT ABANDON

the burrito was good

Just reposting again if ever someone got motherfreakin lucky and got an extra gold luna set and the ns set

post-49639-spongebob-waiting-gif-Imgur-co-tfl3.gif

PM ME UP and i'll give you an ALCH Rad, Ember Divine, Some of the other Immortals that u didn't get,,,that jugg immortal from dac, PA Immortal from DAC

Shinypogs

What kind of challenges have people gotten so far from the compendiums? I'm not sure if I should discard the two I think will be too hard
1. Take down a rax by 30 mins, ( was short by 4 mins last game but I worry having an internal time limit will make me play worse.)
2. Do 14k damage to enemy heroes .( Maybe with veno I could do this? )
3 was get 125 or more last hits but that was easy and already complete.

I hope they do player cards again this year, they're super fun to collect and even the pros get silly about having pages of other people.

Falk

that puzzling face
Don't ever admit to abandoning a game of Dota for anything less than your house being on fire. DotaGAF will have your nuts. I have learned this.

If your house is on fire and you abandon DotaGAF is likely to have your nuts anyway.

But on the bright side being buddies with a bunch of people on an internet forum will be the least of your worries.

Wok

Why do you not just wait for September? In the mean time, use the silver version of the item.

What kind of challenges have people gotten so far from the compendiums? I'm not sure if I should discard the two I think will be too hard
Take down a rax by 30 mins, ( was short by 4 mins last game but I worry having an internal time limit will make me play worse.)

I thought I would pass that one because I kept losing, but I had already passed the "deny 2 towers" one.

So I marked mid, I picked NS, I equipped my fresh immortal NS set, and I proceeded to gank everywhere at 4 mins and got racks at 20 min I think.

Edit: This is even more absurd. This patch is a gank-oriented patch. Get some kills, take racks at 15 min, ggwp ez.

f1NENbH.png

ZeroX03

Banned
Friend gets Night Stalker set on his first chest.

On the other hand, I've opened 20+ chests in all my time playing DotA and have never got a bonus drop.

oh ffs he just got the Golden Moonfall fuck him

I wish I was able to go nuts with chen, it's always impressive to me to see one handle 3 enemies at once. Encan'tress is much more straightforward and is more enjoyable to play as a result.

I'm sort of on the fence re: the patch. I appreciate that games are much more active but that also means getting stomped HURTS and things can much more quickly spiral out of control. I know it partially emphasizes good gameplay in the early game (TP reactions/ganks especially) but at my tier stuff like that isn't common and it can get frustrating.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ also buff glimmer cape pls icebawd ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Wok

Well I've already spent a depressing amount of money on this compendium

I'm totally doing it to support Dota though.....

Now that you have spent on the compendium, wait for the 3 immortal chests that will be released during TI and are totally independent from the compendium.

Shinypogs

I thought I would pass that one because I kept losing, but I had already passed the "deny 2 towers" one.

So I marked mid, I picked NS, I equipped my fresh immortal NS set, and I proceeded to gank everywhere at 4 mins and got racks at 20 min I think.

Edit: This is even more absurd. This patch is a gank-oriented patch. Get some kills, take racks at 15 min, ggwp ez.

f1NENbH.png

I'll give it a shot, got my 14k dmg challenge done using viper so the rax one is all I have left now.

Also deny two towers oh lord that wont be easy if i get it.

Acinixys

To those with no bonus items

I get 1 chest and opened an NS set and a normal Luna shield

The NS set looks fucking awesome in game

His wings leave a trail of smoke and the new void animation is sexy af

happytears.gif

Wok

how many chests does a 50 compendium give you ?

Treasure I: levels 1, 10, 30, 40, 60, 100, 150, 160, 190, etc.

Treasure II: levels 1, 20, 70, 80, 100, 130, 150, 170, 200, etc.

Treasure III: levels 1, 90, 100, 110, 120, 140, 150, 180, 210, etc.

If you get to level 50, you have 4 treasures I, 2 treasures II, but only 1 treasure III.

Quoting myself: 7 chests in total. For comparison, a level-1 compendium gives 3 chests in total, so 60% fewer chests for 60% less money.

Sianos

f1NENbH.png

Hopefully gank meta does not become the dominant strategy, running around picking fights while neglecting creeps and enemies snowballing off of feeding offlaners to early wins is just tragic to me.

Then again, I just had a game in 6.84 where I caught up to and heavily surpassed an early battlefury void in farm after a mediocre lane because he was busy "ganking" for 20 minutes.

I suppose the dominant strategy of my bracket will continue to be the 12 minute mid stand off no matter what happens.

Wok

Actually, if you want to collect all the immortal items, except the golden ones, I would say you would have to spend 55 euros on the market in September ((6+6+7)*1.5+3*4+1*14.5), while you could buy a level-175-compendium for 71.40 euros (24.9+5*9.3) and enjoy them as soon as they are released. Getting the compendium instead of using the market "only" makes it 1/3 more expensive to get all the items, several months in advance, and provides a very small chance to get the golden ones. It might be worth it for some people.

I am considering it: over-paying 17 euros for a 4-month exclusivity (May, June, July, August). Problem is I already spent 100 euros this year on Dota2, and will probably want to buy some new items during TI, with these 3 new chests independent from the compendium.

Actually, I am going to buy my points from the market in a week. It will be even cheaper.

nmS7mPq.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom