• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi dota gaf

I've played dota 1+2 since reign of chaos dota (commander of the abyss we miss you) and am looking for a new group to play with since all my buddies abandoned me for smite or league

I've got like 400 hours on dota 2 which I know is not very much

I want to play with non pugs though. Is there a guild or a chat or anything where I can try and find a group consistently?

I'm part of the giant bomb dota group but no one there plays anymore

What's the problem with pugs
Sad-pug.jpg

Hi dota gaf

I've played dota 1+2 since reign of chaos dota (commander of the abyss we miss you) and am looking for a new group to play with since all my buddies abandoned me for smite or league

I want to play with non pugs though. Is there a guild or a chat or anything where I can try and find a group consistently?

neogaf guild and now the neogaf ihl guild have people in them

I dunno how active they are because I'm always in party chat

inkls

Hi dota gaf

what server do you play on? You mind playing on US East?

Helmholtz

I got the Mag immortal in my first chest, which kind of bummed me out since I've played that hero like twice in 3k hours of dota. Decided to fork over some money to add 2400 points and got the Luna immortal. Pretty happy since that's the only one I truly wanted (though the gold version would have been nice :p). The spell effects are great.

M.D

i abandon games with no fucks given now

3 people picking carries and fourth picking a furion? left without picking

pugna and tusk last picks building as core with zeus, slark and morph in their team and not responding to repeated requests for vision? thank me later for only having to wait 5 more minutes till my abandon kicks in instead of playing to your inevitable loss

Anyone try the medallion item yet? Curious if it works on rosh.

Silver edge is a nice goal on huskar. Build sange on huskar then -> silver edge if I'm doing pretty well otherwise heaven's halberd. HH works so well on husk and is super cheap.

Anyone try the medallion item yet? Curious if it works on rosh.

Silver edge is a nice goal on huskar. Build sange on huskar then -> silver edge if I'm doing pretty well otherwise heaven's halberd. HH works so well on husk and is super cheap.
it does

its fun but I wanna play with it more, especially giving evasion to the carry

Hylian7

Hi dota gaf

Well I would say IHL2 but unfortunately it is too late for that :( (unless you can somehow get into the free agent pool, but I don't think you can. Worth asking anbokr or TUSR about)

Regardless you can get into the GAF guild and can ask around either here or there for people to stack with, after all you might find pubs to be a bit more organized with stacks.

Also did you play in any of the Giant Bomb tournaments? I ask because I have casted in both of them, and know lots of the people involved with that like Blackmoore. Also some of the teams were made up of GAF people.

just hit me up whenever you want to stack then, I usually run a stack of whoever's online steam id same as gaf id

i think i found you, invite sent

mine is shifty if anyone wants to play?

is this one of those doto communities that talks about the game but no playing happens?

Well I would say IHL2 but unfortunately it is too late for that :( (unless you can somehow get into the free agent pool, but I don't think you can. Worth asking anbokr or TUSR about)

Regardless you can get into the GAF guild and can ask around either here or there for people to stack with, after all you might find pubs to be a bit more organized with stacks.

Also did you play in any of the Giant Bomb tournaments? I ask because I have casted in both of them, and know lots of the people involved with that like Blackmoore. Also some of the teams were made up of GAF people.

Can't say that I did, I always feel that I'm going to destroy a team if I play with people outside of just pug matches so I dont get into any tourney stuffs

JambiBum

i abandon games with no fucks given now

3 people picking carries and fourth picking a furion? left without picking

pugna and tusk last picks building as core with zeus, slark and morph in their team and not responding to repeated requests for vision? thank me later for only having to wait 5 more minutes till my abandon kicks in instead of playing to your inevitable loss

cBj1LTf.png

Also, Matt, I really like your prize pool trackers. It's nice seeing the comparison between this year and last year. We're already ahead of last year by almost a million.

Sianos

Yeah I can attest to that, a lot of people and stacks don't frequent the thread. Tf2dota2 gaf exists mostly in auxiliary gaf mumble channels and my pending invites to games, for instance.

normal medallion already worked on rosh, so i assume this one does as well

it does

its fun but I wanna play with it more, especially giving evasion to the carry

Nice, I like the plethora of support items this patch. Really makes playing a support more interactive and all of them are reasonably priced.

This is my first compendium, so is there anyway to gain points at a faster rate other than buying them? Like viewing pro games and all that?

Hylian7

Someone got mad last night in my Twitch chat that jungled Ursa and finished Basi before I got morbid mask. Is there some more efficient way to jungle Ursa I'm not aware of? I feel like starting with Ring of Protection into Basi for armor and mama and then get the Morbid mask is the way to go. I also think Vlad's is still worth getting.

shira

Can mumblegaf make a googledrive or a summary post about the new items and which heroes they good on/timings/comobos

I would like something like that

Hylian7

Can mumblegaf make a googledrive or a summary post about the new items and which heroes they good on/timings/comobos

I would like something like that
I don't think that's necessary, as mumblegaf's word isn't gospel.

If anything, I say just update the old Google spreadsheet that has a reader's digest guide to each hero (everyone, not just mumblegaf)

Volodja

Nice, I like the plethora of support items this patch. Really makes playing a support more interactive and all of them are reasonably priced.

This is my first compendium, so is there anyway to gain points at a faster rate other than buying them? Like viewing pro games and all that?
Among the pages of the Compendoum there's a list of feats that will net compendium points, there's not a lot of points in it if you don't guess TI winners and such, however.

Most of the leveling this year seems to be restricted to buying the points.

Hylian7

mango is all the mana you need for jungle ursa

morbid mask gives you sustain without having to go back to base
I actually didn't think about Mango. That's a good idea.

Assuming your start is Stout Tango Mango, I feel like 900g can be a lofty journey for sustain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom