• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

I didn't even get to build a glimmer cape before it was nerfed. :(

icefrog balancing too fast

still got it on CM and it was great

He also had the worst patch notes ever:

Soul Rip is now considered one damage instance on the enemy
Removed Tombstone Zombie targeting from Soul Rip
Tombstone Zombies now require 1 attack to kill rather than having 30 health (zombies require 2 hits from creeps)

Apparently the bolded means that the zombies are un-target-able by the spell, not that they no longer count for the damage instances.

I thought he got nerfed until I got this clarification. The tombstone buff is huge.
Who the fuck used Soul Rip to heal zombies before?

Glad to hear they still count for the potency of the spell, but that's some awful patch noting.

alliance back to shit tier?

http://www.dotabuff.com/esports/teams/111474
"back"
Emoticon_horse.gif

shira

IHL last 4

Team Eurocleave vs. Morton's Trenchers Sun. 10am/1pm
t1430672400z4.png

Don's Cherry vs. Team Audrey Sun. 11am/2pm
t1430676000z4.png

Team EgoOne vs. It is all Ogre Sun. 12pm/3pm
GAF Titans vs. 2 Ogres 1 Club Sun. 12pm/3pm
t1430679600z4.png

G.ZZZ

The level of shitposting is so high this page, i must do my best to keep it so.

Bring a tear to my eye to see master and apprentice shitposting hand in hand
happytears.gif

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I'm really getting tired of these fucking casters (*cough* Nahaz and Blaze *cough*) and reddit whining about silver edge. Let's look at the item:

Silver Edge
+16 Str
+32 damage
+30 attack speed
-lesser maim

Decent stats, but not 5200g worth of stats. You're buying this for the active--"Makes you invisible until the duration ends, or until you attack or cast a spell. While invisible, you move 20% faster and can move through units. Attacking to end the invisibility will deal 225 bonus damage to the target, disable their passive abilities, and reduce their damage output."

ZOMG BREAK OP!!!

Let's look at why it isn't:
1) It still has all of the downsides as shadowblade, meaning it still requires you to actually shadowblade and walk up to the hero and hit them. This is often very difficult to do when the enemy buys detection, it leaves you very vulnerable to counter-initiation. When buying this on Ursa, I feel like I need a blink on top of it, simply because you can't reliably get the break attack off in the first place, provided the enemy is buying sentries (which they usually are).
2) Break is dispellable. This is the big one. Let's take a look at which items dispel--Manta, BKB, guardian greaves, lotus orb, and diffusal blade. You have 6 options to instantly remove break, two of which are support-ish items. So with this in mind, break is usually bought to counter cores right: Bristle, PA, Huskar, Void, etc...? Well what the fuck do cores normally buy? BKB or Manta. Also, Huskar can purge break with his ultimate, we're completely ignoring skills here, but a wide variety of skills can also purge off break.

The item is fine and balanced for 5200g, it's expensive, and you're absolutely 100% buying it for an active that has PLENTY of counter-play options.

ksan

The item is fine and balanced for 5200g, it's expensive, and you're absolutely 100% buying it for an active that has PLENTY of room for counter-play.

Only thing is that it's super easy to build, but I think it's fine eventhough it's a great item

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Only thing is that it's super easy to build, but I think it's fine eventhough it's a great item

Oh yah, I'm not saying it's a bad item, or that it doesn't have advantages or an upside. It has an enormous upside, but it also has enormous downsides (just like shadowblade) and can be countered fairly easily.

I didn't know people were claiming Silver Edge was OP, I really like it but it's not even close to broken. So many heroes don't even have passives to break.

Reddit just really likes to whine

Artanisix

quote anbokr: octarine core is op and needs nerf
quote anbokr: ursa is op and needs nerf
quote milkman: glimmer is op item of the patch

who you gonna trust

I didn't know people were claiming Silver Edge was OP, I really like it but it's not even close to broken. So many heroes don't even have passives to break.

Reddit just really likes to whine

Or have passives that you don't really give a fuck about breaking like in that Alliance game Lina's Fiery Soul or Sven's Great Cleave. Break is a really specific effect that doesn't do much against most heroes. I guess if like PA was big, it'd be kinda something, but as pointed out, it's not like PA doesn't rush BKB and/or Manta anyway, so yeah.

It's just a nice way to convert your shadowblade into an item that gives better value for a slot in lategame.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
quote anbokr: octarine core is op and needs nerf
quote anbokr: ursa is op and needs nerf
quote milkman: glimmer is op item of the patch

who you gonna trust

quote anbokr in mumble after reading patch notes: "my initial impression is octarine core is hella op. but we'll see, initial impressions/theorycrafting are usually wrong 9/10 times in dota."
quote anbokr on day 1 live: "ok, octarine core is completely fine."
quote anbokr: "ursa is op in pubs, fine in competitive. will probably get a pub nerf, here's the best way to do it imo"

milkman shoved a mouse-ball down a special needs kid's throat, lied about ihl2, abuses bug in inhouses, WHO U GUNA TRUST?!?

iamblades

oct core isn't op anbokr
facepalm.gif

It may be on a carry Leshrac, but Leshrac needed some love anyway.

I don't see it being as much of a problem on most other heroes though. Most of the other spell casting carries can easily be bursted during a decent disable.

Maybe on timbersaw, but I think the new reactive armor is OP enough for timbersaw to be a pain in the ass anyway, and haven't seen any timbers finish an Octarine yet so I can't judge that.

iamblades

It isn't even OP on core lesh

Hence the 'May be' in my statement, only have one core lesh game since patch, but it felt super strong.

It does fail the no. 1 test of an item's OPness though, in that I would never buy that item before bloodstone, so that means bloodstone must be more OP.

Mordeccai

Ok IF gifting ever gets fixed

I have two NS immortals to trade to the good folk of doto gaf. Since a few people want one, we shall have a little contest.

the best MS paint drawing of night stalker will get one set.

and the second set is up for trade for w/e items/steam games you deem worthy. I really dunno what the set is worth but just make an offer you feel is fair. Both sets will have the winner decided at 3:00pm EST tomorrow!

REMINDER ALERT.

also team audrey pls change name and logo so you do not tempt nerds into watching hentai ty.

I am not referring to myself. not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom