• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I like the glimmer cape nerf.

>Reddit whines hard about glimmer cape
>Glimmer cape nerfed
>Reddit immediately whines about overnerf

Nerf was spot on, an item that powerful (and cheap) needs a high mana cost to ensure it isn't abused by certain carries (or tinker), and limited to once or twice a fight for int heroes that aren't too high level.

yup. glimmer cape needs to be expensive somehow. either in mana or gold. otherwise supports and heros like pudge can abuse it way too easily. 130 mana puts it in a good spot.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
yup. glimmer cape needs to be expensive somehow. either in mana or cost. otherwise supports and heros like pudge can abuse it way too easily. 130 mana puts it in a good spot.

I'd say nerfing the item is a win for supports honestly. Having to buy truckloads of dust/sents EVERY game (because there were at least 2 glimmer capes in every game), and having all of your magic damage fall flat on a glimmered carry is hella annoying.

Not to mention glimmer cape slark + tinker just looked disgusting.

I'd say nerfing the item is a win for supports honestly. Having to buy truckloads of dust/sents EVERY game (because there were at least 2 glimmer capes in every game), and having all of your magic damage fall flat on a glimmered carry is hella annoying.

Not to mention glimmer cape slark + tinker just looked disgusting.
yeah, no kidding. I think int supports will appreciate the change.

Armaros

yeah, no kidding. I think int supports will appreciate the change.

The irony being that Reddit is being
faux
outraged for supports.

As if heroes like CM are now completely unplayable without glimmer cape. An item that has existed for less than a week.

Mordeccai

god DAMN icefrog can you just remove earth spirit from the game. playing vs a good one is annoying as shit. ebola everywhere.

btw, the moon is a nice touch in that paint picture. very beautiful.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think the Glimmer Cape change is fine, you just can't spam it 24/7 now. Its still really good at helping people get out of tight spots.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Friend and I both randomed and swapped, with the same challenge active (deny a tower).
I got the tower deny but it only counted for him lol. Luckily got it the next game.
Andd yeah it looks nearly impossible to level up without dumping a lot of money into the compendium.

edit: supporting a friend in the trench was something (he was the puck)
I tried playing support the "proper way", stacking camps for sven or bat, warding key points and on time, dewarding, harassing sven's opponents in lane and giving him solo xp when I could but what proved to be best was just laying down the disruptor ult and watching the enemy team sit and melt in it. If Jugg hadn't abandoned I would have finished the game as 17-3 as a Disruptor.

I found out that if you have the "plant 8 wards challenge" you can just buy 1 ward and double click it(it activates trying to switch to a sentry) 8 times, you achieve the challenge.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'm down with the mana nerf. The Invis tax was getting out of hand and that item was insane. Still has great counter play / cheap initiation, just actually has a downside so everyone won't build it.

so I was away for the weekend with no internet, what did I miss?

The death of troll and sniper
4-5 new items
4-5 new crazy aghs updates
Alch can buy aghs and pool to other heroes as a buff+upgrade
Meta is more about killing richer heroes
Sentry and obs now stack on the same slot
You can eat obs with tango

The ti5 compendium is out

And ofcourse, we have mangos now

harSon

Banned
Wow, that Glimmer Cape nerf is pretty significant. Yeah - it needed a mana cost, but 130 is a bit overkill. Half that would be a sweet spot IMO.

Artanisix

gvAtU10.png

patiently awaiting my nightstalker immortal from gaf contest

JC Sera

The death of troll and sniper
4-5 new items
4-5 new crazy aghs updates
Alch can buy aghs and pool to other heroes as a buff+upgrade
Meta is more about killing richer heroes
Sentry and obs now stack on the same slot
You can eat obs with tango

The ti5 compendium is out

And ofcourse, we have mangos now
I was here for the, 6.84
glimmer nerf tho
dac15_sad.gif

Mordeccai

jesus christ taht NS pic. competition is heating up.

most fun game of doto I've had in a long ass time, ogre with bloodstone, octarine core, aghanims. the one man chain stun was fucking real. one on one, murdered anybody with multicasts.

ogre, CM, tiny tri lane was too stronk

if only I could farm this hard during every ogre game.

lmao dotabuff says I did 1k more hero dmg than our tiny, 19k total. 60 minute game. what a match.

Wok

What is considered not too late then this patch? And why the shift to earlier when creeps give you less gold per cree? How are you calculating this?

Well, it depends on who you are facing. But getting your farming item at 23 min when your 2nd set of racks could already be being pushed is late.

What is considered not too late then this patch? And why the shift to earlier when creeps give you less gold per cree? How are you calculating this?

not too late for radiance is when you still have enough map control to make use of the radiance. it could be 23 if your opponents aren't putting any pressure on the map. I think 18 minutes is the time to aim for? Not sure on spectre but I'm pretty sure that's naga's timing. Been a while since I played a radiance carrier.

Wok

I think the recipe for Radiance should cost less, just like the recipe for Desolator which got cheaper with this patch.

I think the recipe for Radiance should cost less, just like the recipe for Desolator which got cheaper with this patch.

If radiance was any cheaper in its current form it would be core on like half the heroes in the game. It's really strong.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
importance of fighting early and mid makes late game carries like spectre less viable of a pick. unless you do one of those early fighting spectre builds. but farming it up if your name isnt alchemist doesnt seem to contribute much to a game.

Low Tier
radiance isnt purely a farming item on spectre per say because it accounts for her early/mid game fight power as well. You can get radiance as late as 30 minutes if need be if you need to delay for a vanguard, or when rtz was doing the aquila phase MoM into radiance build, it still works fine.

Each game is different and as such trying to 'benchmark' times for getting certain items is about as stupid as reddit's glimmer cape scenario.

MFW dotagaf is saying stupid shit

lALjJj5.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Benchmarks only work well if you have a preset game plan. From interviews though, most pros really do have their full item build determined at the draft screen, and don't seem to change it up on the fly. I'm sure they are flexible about it. but the big reason to have benchmarks is really to get an idea of where the enemy should be rather then your self.

G.ZZZ

Aside from some situations like playing against brood/Lancer where u probably want Vanguard or at least PMS (which has been buffed 50 gold this patch, thx icefraud), it's ur playstile that need to change more than an itembuild imho.

For example Mom is really good if u're ahead because it allow you to get pickoffs on supports easily, but it's also good if you have to play from behind and allow you to farm decently fast the jungle while giving you sustain as well.

Also why the fuck a 130 mana nerf on Gimmer Cape is 20 mb

G.ZZZ

This hat shit is making the thread unreadable you fucking addicts spend ur money on real clothes at least u'll look less like hobos
cBj1LTf.png

Acinixys

anyone got that NS set? i'll trade you for my ember divines and i'll add some other extras ;_;

or any of the immortals that u didn't get today from the chest :3

Anyone want a techies arcana for the NS SET ? ;_;

Star you need to chill out man. As much as you want it trading an entire arcana for a very common set is a massive waste of your own time and money

Just wait a month and it will be like $1 on the market man

Hylian Radi into Butterfly is a terrible build

You need tank to sustain you in fights

ESPECIALLY in pubs where you have to watch out for yourself

Radi - Urn - Vangaurd - Diffusal - CG is a pretty good buildup for solo Q

(Midas is shit on Spec though for reasons stated already. Radiance gives you all the farming power you need. And going Midas into Radi is the greediest shit possible)

Star you need to chill out man. As much as you want it trading an entire arcana for a very common set is a massive waste of your own time and money

Just wait a month and it will be like $1 on the market man

Hylian Radi into Butterfly is a terrible build

You need tank to sustain you in fights

ESPECIALLY in pubs where you have to watch out for yourself

Radi - Urn - Vangaurd - Diffusal - CG is a pretty good buildup for solo Q

yeah my bad .....also got a question.is anyone having issues on their client having the font size being too large for some reason o_O my game's font size for the store and etc are huge lol

Nymerio

I've got to stop playing anything other than support when I stack with certain friends. No wards, no courier upgrades, friend playing enchantress just waltzes into the lane with a wildwing without saying anything and they still manage bitch and moan about the other lanes.
cBj1LTf.png

Tieske

Neo Member
Like the 4k limit to have opinions on game balance, there should be a value of 40 euros/dollars/ringgit minimum spent on hats before you can contribute to hat discussion
horse.gif

G.ZZZ

Like the 4k limit to have opinions on game balance, there should be a value of 40 euros/dollars/ringgit minimum spent on hats before you can contribute to hat discussion
horse.gif

I have spent like negative money on this game. I should start selling teaching lessons so i can get rich on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom