• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
Had a Bara game. Was going well until the Void was super greedy and didn't get a BKB in the face of Storm Spirit + friends. Which lost us the game.

Anyway I'm ranked now, 3070 MMR. I guess that's not too terribad for being out of the game for so long. I think that's something like the 50th percentile or slightly above? Correct me if wrong.
What was your HoN name again?

Ultrabum

Had a Bara game. Was going well until the Void was super greedy and didn't get a BKB in the face of Storm Spirit + friends. Which lost us the game.

Anyway I'm ranked now, 3070 MMR. I guess that's not too terribad for being out of the game for so long. I think that's something like the 50th percentile or slightly above? Correct me if wrong.

Way above.

More 80-90th percentile. 3000 MMR is much higher than what people think it is.

Wok

This GZZZ-Riki game going on is hilarious. The way he taunts Zeus at the runes, the jukes of Enchantress. Very fun so far.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Assuming the blog post about MMR before MMR was implemented is still true, this is the distribution. I would imagine it to still be close for the most part.
I think there may be mild inflation since mmr has a hard floor, but its likely only 100-200 at most for the 95 percente.

Anteo

So, I started the game after like 8 months, and first thing I know is I got Mercurial's Call. I dont even know where this comes from

W1SSY

Nahaz casting says Black on WR. One minute later says it is obvious Qojqva is going to be on WR.
facepalm.gif

G.ZZZ

We won even with alche in team! Good job supports, jakiro and nyx won that game fuck useless carries.

I think 1% is more like 5k (ksan told me it was 4800 nowadays). Regardless, everyone's terrible even at 5k tbh. Especially now after the patch, picks are so random that u can get widly lopsided matchups and then you lose the worst games.

shira

So instead of outright laughing it off as usualy every week, ksan put Techies on the table in pre-draft discussion.
#wearingemdown

If you look on the leaderboards the top 800 players are 7.6k to 5.6k out of 11 million players.

I think 5k+ is the new 1%

Hylian7

glimmer cape is good
broken? nah

Even if you dust them, it doesn't matter, they ain't dying because of that magic resistance. We just went up against a Pudge with one, didn't matter, he was hard as hell to kill. And this wasn't any kind of stompy game.

glimmer cape is good
broken? nah
to be honest though, it's kind of a pubstomp item. ease of execution is very low and potential impact is really high with certain heroes. I could see it being nerfed a bit more to make it less dominant in pubs. Not sure what they'd change, though

^^Pudge glimmer cape is super strong. Honestly think he's the best glimmer cape carrier in the game.

TUSR

Banned
Even if you dust them, it doesn't matter, they ain't dying because of that magic resistance. We just went up against a Pudge with one, didn't matter, he was hard as hell to kill. And this wasn't any kind of stompy game.

i saw a pudge with >6000 HP

to be honest though, it's kind of a pubstomp item. ease of execution is very low and potential impact is really high with certain heroes. I could see it being nerfed a bit more to make it less dominant in pubs. Not sure what they'd change, though

^^Pudge glimmer cape is super strong. Honestly think he's the best glimmer cape carrier in the game.

yeah i dont disagree, its just a really good item.

Hylian7

Making the Magic Resistance drop when dusted would be a start.

i saw a pudge with >6000 HP

Before that, it took SO MUCH for us to commit to actually kill him. It was fucking stupid.

Madouu

There was a big mmr inflation during last patch from all the sniper and troll spamming, at least in NA. At least that's what my buddies that play ranked told me
hush.gif

G.ZZZ

THE NEW SNOWBALL GETTING HEROES WHILE ROLLING
images
images
images

Someone's getting pummeled by slark? Np, roll toward slark, right click your mate, enjoy 2 sec stunned slark +250 damage nuke, then punch him gg
images
images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom