• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbd23

HAHAHAH I love hearing the disruptor talk shit because I always used orchid on him in team fights (he would die but early they would win the team fight) went on and on about "GOOD THING YOU USED ORCHID ON ME". so I kept doing it an eventually we starting win more fights and then won the game. I would just look for him to make his life a living hell, he was def salty. didn't say a word after

PS: To all the spectre players out there...PLEASE dont go naked radiance. it RUINS the game.
facepalm.gif
like get some brown boots or something. GOOD LORD

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1446071463

Hylian7

PR4DkpI.png

Not exactly a good day for my MMR. I just got handed a bunch of hard games I feel like. I'm not blaming teammates, I mean the games were just hard as shit and I couldn't really do anything to win them.

Hylian7

I really love the buffs Invoker got this patch. The spell switching not putting Invoke on CD is probably the biggest one, but also the level 25 Deafening Blast is useful when games go super late. That thing is effectively a Ravage! It was fun getting to run Invoker in IHL2 today, I was a bit nervous about the pick but had considered bringing out this weekend at some point for IHL2, as I felt more confident on the hero now.

Honestly I don't know why I never took the time to learn him sooner, so damn fun and probably one of my favorites now.

Fevaweva

I really love the buffs Invoker got this patch. The spell switching not putting Invoke on CD is probably the biggest one, but also the level 25 Deafening Blast is useful when games go super late. That thing is effectively a Ravage! It was fun getting to run Invoker in IHL2 today, I was a bit nervous about the pick but had considered bringing out this weekend at some point for IHL2, as I felt more confident on the hero now.

Honestly I don't know why I never took the time to learn him sooner, so damn fun and probably one of my favorites now.

The AoE deafening blast is SO good On heros like CK and PL. The illusions just stand around him and do nothing. It saved our game.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Team fights are a chaotic mess to me when I'm playing carry. I'm still used to the static teamfighting of league where target selection for carries is generally whoever is closest or low.

Team fights are a chaotic mess to me when I'm playing carry. I'm still used to the static teamfighting of league where target selection for carries is generally whoever is closest or low.

I don't think it's all that different in dota. You attack the highest priority target that you can attack without getting destroyed.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think it's all that different in dota. You attack the highest priority target that you can attack without getting destroyed.

yeah i guess thats why i do typically better with the ranged carries. I skirt the fights and just attack whatever comes near but with melee carries I got no idea what I'm doing.

Hylian7

Ehh, it really depends on what you are up against. For instance, focusing Sniper last patch, or if your team is one susceptible to Global Silence, then focusing Silencer first.

Probably focusing a particular hero's counter if they are on the other team.

On a different topic, I've been thinking about something. For those that have climbed to a high solo MMR (like 3k-4k or 4k-5k), did you typically play more "selfishly" for lack of a better word or try to attempt team play with your teammates. For instance, by team play I mean coordinating more complex team maneuvers, such as picking Naga and convincing people to pick stuff that Naga ult could set up.

By more "selfishly" I mean as in basically farming and making better decisions than your teammates, like say they want to take a fight that you think is a bad idea, so you ignore them and keep farming/whatever.

Obviously you should focus on your own play, but I am curious which one of those the people that climbed MMR significantly used.

If anyone wants a free mag hammer, luna shield(not golden) or a pugna immortal from the first ti5 chest pm me up and i'll gift it to you :3

Feel like i don't really need dupes so im just gonne give them to some folks

Wok

Based on Matt's prize tracker pace, I would say we will get these rewards on these days:
  • The International HUD Skin $5,500,000 Today
  • Taunt Treasure $6,000,000 Wednesday 6th morning
  • The Watcher Below Ward $6,500,000 Friday 8th morning
  • Immortal Treasure II $7,000,000 Sunday 10th
  • Dota 2 Short Film Contest $8,000,000 Tuesday 12th
  • Wyvern Hatchling Courier $9,000,000 Friday 15th
  • Immortal Treasure III $10,000,000 Monday 25th morning
By the end of May, we won't have reached the Desert terrain.

Hylian7

Based on Matt's prize tracker pace, I would say we get these rewards on these days:
That's fine, we still have three months. I fully expect it to go past 15 mil by TI
Do they have the other 2 immortal chests ready already ?
Seeing how the first was, I would assume so, guessing a number of the other ones are ready too, like there desert terrapin probably is done.

Kalnos

Banned
On a different topic, I've been thinking about something. For those that have climbed to a high solo MMR (like 3k-4k or 4k-5k), did you typically play more "selfishly" for lack of a better word or try to attempt team play with your teammates. For instance, by team play I mean coordinating more complex team maneuvers, such as picking Naga and convincing people to pick stuff that Naga ult could set up.

By more "selfishly" I mean as in basically farming and making better decisions than your teammates, like say they want to take a fight that you think is a bad idea, so you ignore them and keep farming/whatever.

I'm not confident enough at my MMR to pick heroes purely based off synergy. I know that SD+Mirana is a great combo but I know that I can't play SD well enough so I won't attempt it. I basically only play heroes that have synergy if they fall in my standard group of heroes that I play in ranked (TImber, Axe, Mirana, etc).

I'm pretty sure that I was able to go from 3k to mid 4k purely based off of working on my map awareness and eliminating downtime (going to well, looking for farm, etc). I will usually get a TP as early as possible and look to help teammates who are being dove. The only times I completely ignore my team is if: 1. I'm split pushing because we are impossible far behind / I'm trying to force a TP before TPing myself and 2. They are fighting somewhere very far away from any tower that I can TP.

Raytow

Probably yes, about the chests being ready, the first one was practically as soon as we reached the goal, I'm sure they took TI4 lessons and prepared everything beforehand or at least faster than in TI4.

Based on Matt's prize tracker pace, I would say we will get these rewards on these days:

Here hoping the hud is better than last year more like the ti3 one.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
USI15Aa.jpg

I know this rating is scrub tier to a lot of people in this thread but I finally finished my placements and am pretty happy where I landed. I saw a lot of people with many, many times my games but worse ratings and tried to cut down on the learning curve as much as I could by playing lots of all random/single draft and watching a lot of merlini + purge in my spare time. Don't think I'm gonna try grinding out in ranked just yet. Gonna try to get a handle on a healthy pool of heroes. Anti-Mage is my most played but with only 18 games so I'd like to get quite a few in the 30+ range before shooting for a different goal. Let's say 3.5k before year's end?

Anyways, if anyone has any of those real niche but awesome Youtube channels on more in-depth stuff like positioning/laning instead of just live commentary I'd really appreciate it. Also, I seem to really struggle with breaking into the high ground, even when ahead.

Red UFO

Ehh, it really depends on what you are up against. For instance, focusing Sniper last patch, or if your team is one susceptible to Global Silence, then focusing Silencer first.

Probably focusing a particular hero's counter if they are on the other team.

Obviously you should focus on your own play, but I am curious which one of those the people that climbed MMR significantly used.
I went from being 2k to nearly 4k by picking a 50/50 split of core and support, and focusing on what I can do to make sure I deliver my end of the bargain in a game.

But yes, there are times where you just have to ignore your team and go with what you think is best, in terms of when is best to take fights etc.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm playing against a team who refuse to finish and are actively stopping their creeps from killing our base because they want to get an X kills hero challenge. They're just fishing the well with Pudge hooks. Wasting 15 minutes of my time. Have these challenges ever been a good thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom