• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I play solo ranked because I like to punish myself

This is so dumb Valve let me level up my compendium through playing Doter
the fuck am i lookin at
pop music sucks
troll.gif
damn right

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i wonder if silver edge would be a good investment on him?/??

i find his killing power to be so low, i can barely even pick off supports with him

also the spell effect for luna's new immortal [ t a n k s ] my framerate, smdh

The items for the first chest were made mostly in March, the others are likely finished already too.

They seem on the ball this year with the stretch goals. I wouldn't be surprised if nearly all of them are done (except the Arcana obviously).

Which would make it pretty awkward if we don't hit a goal. I wonder if they'd just release it anyway since it would be done (mostly thinking about the Axe comic here).

Nyx is pick-off oriented early and initiation-oriented late. He can still scout late game but he can't blow up people as easily as early because people tend to be more grouped
He needs levels badly because of the scaling of his ult (it's ok level 1 but it becomes ass really fast), and you also need to be decent at landing 2+ man impales. Carapace is a great spell at all points of the game for various reasons

His main weakness imo is how shit he is as at farming, meaning if you don't have a decent laning phase you trail behind really hard. His auto attacks are ass, he doesn't build agi/damage items because that's not his role, he's melee, he can't spam impale to farm
Once you hit 6-7 you need good map awareness to try and find one hero that you can gank easily. Either solo kill a support warding/stacking, or kill a core hero with the help of one or two other heroes.
Arcanes are a must, blink too because of impale, dagon is alright but less important than blink imo. New aghs seems pretty good. Don't see silver edge really being useful, it's super expensive and you already have an invis anyway

Is there a site with most common ward spots (pub or pro games) ? I have a few ideas which are the most popular (both runes especially rosh area, cliffs, mid, jungle), but actual stats could be cool

deleted

Any tips for the early game shaker?
I'm getting pretty good at the late game high ground stuff, but early on, if I can't deny against a threelane and can't pull the lane, I don't really know what to do during that phase..

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Nyx is pick-off oriented early and initiation-oriented late. He can still scout late game but he can't blow up people as easily as early because people tend to be more grouped
He needs levels badly because of the scaling of his ult (it's ok level 1 but it becomes ass really fast), and you also need to be decent at landing 2+ man impales. Carapace is a great spell at all points of the game for various reasons

His main weakness imo is how shit he is as at farming, meaning if you don't have a decent laning phase you trail behind really hard. His auto attacks are ass, he doesn't build agi/damage items because that's not his role, he's melee, he can't spam impale to farm
Once you hit 6-7 you need good map awareness to try and find one hero that you can gank easily. Either solo kill a support warding/stacking, or kill a core hero with the help of one or two other heroes.
Arcanes are a must, blink too because of impale, dagon is alright but less important than blink imo. New aghs seems pretty good. Don't see silver edge really being useful, it's super expensive and you already have an invis anyway

i know all of this in theory but in practice i just find that his killing power is so insanely low that i can't ever get a gank to work

the number of times you use all your powers and they just limp off with like 50 hp that you can't even rightclick off them because your dps is so awful...

is he super niche or situational, or anything? obviously weak supports helps

TUSR

Banned
I'm getting pretty good at the late game high ground stuff, but early on, if I can't deny against a threelane and can't pull the lane, I don't really know what to do during that phase..

rotate with smoke and claritys

block people with fissure

get your soul ring early

enchant totem is devastating

Try to help mid get a kill (if they can) or help the offlaner win his lane, or just make sure your carry doesn't die (against an agro tri). He's not super strong early in lane because he's melee and fissure costs a lot compared to his mana pool, but one good fissure can mean a kill, so buy some smokes
i know all of this in theory but in practice i just find that his killing power is so insanely low that i can't ever get a gank to work

the number of times you use all your powers and they just limp off with like 50 hp that you can't even rightclick off them because your dps is so awful...

Niche yeah. Not great against a strong trilane or a generally tanky lineup. Good against int cores (or heroes like dusa) for example. Also if the enemy has strong teamfight (tidehunter for example) it's generally not a great pick imo

inkls

Get an urn. +150 pure dmg per charges.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all

A big part of playing Nyx (and any 'ganker' really) is knowing who you can and can't kill. When I'm playing Nyx I look at the enemy team and decide my build based off that.

Consider an enemy team that has: PL, Keeper of the Light, OD, Enchantress, and Clock.

I can only really kill Keeper of the Light as a solo Nyx. If I am pretty farmed I have the chance to kill OD. If I get a Dagon I'd have an okay chance to kill Enchantress. Clock and PL are a lost cause.

Nyx is great in team fights, regardless. Get a blink and you have a great initiator.

Nyx biggest impact is being missing from the map. If the enemy team has a Nyx and he is missing, you have to play completely differently. He and +1 can kill most, and if you are a int-support you are unsafe alone. This impact alone makes Nyx good. He even has this impact if he is a decently-leveled support (his killing power comes from levels mostly, not items).

Quesa

i don't! i play him as offlane mana boots urn

So once you hit six, look for kills but look for who on your team is around those kills. Convince someone to come with you to get the easy gold. If no one's interested, go try to do something mid -- they're usually up for a gank if you initiate.

Trickster

I play solo ranked because I like to punish myself

This is so dumb Valve let me level up my compendium through playing Doter

I'm curious, assuming I don't understand chinese, am I supposed to know what's going on in that picture?

Edit - right I see, lvl 10k compendium.

Bilix

Trying to finish my TI5 invite predictions.

What are the chances that Alliance gets invited? Pretty much the only thing tripping me at the moment.

Acinixys

I'm curious, assuming I don't understand chinese, am I supposed to know what's going on in that picture?

Edit - right I see, lvl 10k compendium.

Yeah over $4000 spend on points

What are the chances that Alliance gets invited? Pretty much the only thing tripping me at the moment.

Close to 0%

Unless theyve changed their entire inner workings since last year

Raytow

What's he bragging about though? All it means is that he spend a shit load of money for no good reason, no?
He is filthy rich so I suppose its more like rolfmao hahahahaha who cares! it also helping to the community or rather the teams participating so its all good.

W1SSY

I did not put them in because they have not performed well over a long stretch and recently changed the roster. Obviously Valve has a history of inviting the previous winners so they might get in because of that but based on performance alone they do not get in IMO.

Falk

that puzzling face
yeah but riki doesn't have 6000 bonus damage from breaking invis, that's why I'd want it on nyx

It's ok. You just queue with a friend who plays a support Riki, rushes arcane boots and medallion then follows you around while you play Nyx.

Raytow

Still unlike most luxury items, wasting money on compendium actually help esports, so its all good.
that's is what i keep telling myself

Trickster

That's the point! I'm rich euheuheuhehuehueheuh

I see, I didn't know he was. Actually don't really know who he even is either, I'm new to Dota 2 :p

edit - Kinda BS though how so far the only viable way to level up your compendium seems like it will be to just pump raw money into it, or turn into nostradamus and do those 2k and 10k achievements in the compendium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom