• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calidor

Added scrolling for the emoticons because they're starting to overtake the entire page. Unless you want that sort of thing.
thinking.gif
Edit: Actually I have no idea whats going on with that. brb

great man
mayatomr_gdlk.gif

Hylian7

If you're bored and have nothing better to do, I suggest tuning in in game to the game I'm in right now...It's a doozy. First T1 taken at 50 minutes.

Chris R

So, who did everyone predict for the automatic invites? I have some but can't decide on all of them :(

NA: EG
SEA: Team Malaysia
China: VG/IG/LGD
Europe: Secret/C9

I'm thinking teams like NoT/Tinker don't really deserve an auto invite, but does NA really only get a single direct invite? If I add Tinker then why not add teams like Na'Vi or Alliance?

sixghost

So, who did everyone predict for the automatic invites? I have some but can't decide on all of them :(

I'm thinking teams like NoT/Tinker don't really deserve an auto invite, but does NA really only get a single direct invite? If I add Tinker then why not add teams like Na'Vi or Alliance?

They should have only invited 6 or 7 teams this year. There are going to be 2 or 3 teams that don't deserve an invite at all.

Hylian7

stream it please.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1445757950

It's over.

Summary: I end up 0-6 by ten minutes because SB can dive me to T2, and I ask for TPs, no responses. All other lanes it's the same story. We lose all T1s and T2s in 20 minutes, haven't taken a single tower. First T1 was taken at 50 minutes. It's a 70 minute uphill battle that I honestly thought we had no chance at winning, eventually they were able to win it, partly because I made the mistake of trying to get our Silencer to take the cheese when he had two open slots and I ended up dying.

Also: Are the new emoticons actually in game yet?

shira

NIP, Empire and Rave should be on there. All 3 were the most stable of the rest of the remaining teams - even though it looks like they will just bomb like they always do when playing international LAN.

Also: Are the new emoticons actually in game yet?
Yes and no - you have to jimmy the system
You have to copy and paste those square
http://redd.it/34ied9

Madouu

They do realize the losing team like lost mmr too, right?

Assuming everyone spams the same heroes at the same rate, it wouldn't hold true. But we're talking about select individuals that spam picked one hero to move up around 500 rating or so of where they were originally easily. (The same way it worked with meepo or earth spirit before, except much easier).

can someone explain to me why I am seeing so many storms buying octarine core after bloodstone?

I don't play storm but CDR sounds god like on him. More spell casts = more overloads = more dps. I imagine core with some mana/regen and potentially some AS does more damage than most other builds while also having sustain.

**1.09 please tell me if this is wrong.

Low Tier
somewhat. I like it after shivas b/c it means less downtime between picks or farm. Shivas allows storm to split push and get individual picks for nothing, and being able to do it more often is part of what makes storm so fantastic. It's that presence and potential of having a storm spirit jump you that makes him so strong late game.

While minor, it also allows Storm to cut out a zip for double remnanting, as the cooldown reduction allows you to get two remnant hits between one pull.

Health and mana is always nice on storm too, as extra health means you're more likely to survive a stun/silence/disable and zip out afterwards.

While I do not advocate it before getting some damage items, I think its a fantastic luxury item on the hero

I think the era of orchid->fight fight is over. The hero is so punishing late game and can farm exp/gold so fast compared to most heroes that players have started abusing that aspect of the hero to bring him into his fantastic late game faster.

somewhat. I like it after shivas b/c it means less downtime between picks or farm. Shivas allows storm to split push and get individual picks for nothing, and being able to do it more often is part of what makes storm so fantastic. It's that presence and potential of having a storm spirit jump you that makes him so strong late game.

While minor, it also allows Storm to cut out a zip for double remnanting, as the cooldown reduction allows you to get two remnant hits between one pull.

Health and mana is always nice on storm too, as extra health means you're more likely to survive a stun/silence/disable and zip out afterwards.

While I do not advocate it before getting some damage items, I think its a fantastic luxury item on the hero

I think the era of orchid->fight fight is over. The hero is so punishing late game and can farm exp/gold so fast compared to most heroes that players have started abusing that aspect of the hero to bring him into his fantastic late game faster.
what do you think of orchid -> shivas/bloodstone -> core? I would imagine orchid + core would let you take over a game much more dominantly than in 6.83, but again I don't play storm. Is going for the late game items worth it on a patch that seems so dominated by early skirmishing?

Undying didn't get a big buff in this patch but he suddenly seems unstoppable. I loved playing him before, but I'm doing even better now. 8-1 since the patch.

Hylian7

Interesting, makes sense though. I can see what you mean.

orchid sucks on storm u heard it here first

Curious, what do you think of Lotus Orb on him?

Undying didn't get a big buff in this patch but he suddenly seems unstoppable. I loved playing him before, but I'm doing even better now. 8-1 since the patch.
He was pretty great last patch. Now with even more emphasis on early skirmishing and strong lanes he's that much stronger.

Armaros

His zombies not dying to physical AoE spells instantly is a massive change.

It stops passive AoE like quills and helix from killing zombies (familiars too)

Haunted

Seeing Undying get some love warms my heart.

The increased focus on earlier teamfights and nerf to creep bounties/increase to hero bounties in this patch seems well suited to him. He's a fighter, not a farmer.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
People really take the whole "fuck your temmates, play Dota by yourself" mentality a little too seriously in ranked. Seeing last pick carries all the time that just totally screw over their team.
5-1 but man people get really stressed out. been muting people very liberally but it's obvious ranked anxiety is a serious thing. so many derpish plays and "force of will" moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom